Chapter 6 : My Heart Stood Still

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: My Heart Stood Still

 

I froze in my position as though time stood still. My heart seemed like it stopped for that few moments. I heard Kris leaving the room, leaving words that kept replaying in my ears and in my mind.

I couldn’t believe what I was told, not literally, but yes I just couldn't believe it! I know that Kris’ sources are either from Luhan or Baekhyun. They have been best buddies since grade 3. What’s more coincidental is that Sehun is actually Baekhyun’s cousin, which meant 80% of the chances, it’s true.

I closed my eyes and squeezed them tightly, hoping that when I opened them, everything would seem different. I hoped that the flask wasn’t there; Kris never bumped into me and told me things that I didn't want to know or even lay small little tiny bits of my fingers on.

Moments had passed; I finally lost it when I got my senses back. I lost it all. I dropped onto the floor and tears started flowing without me even knowing it. It was as if someone had the water tap unknowingly and forgot to turn it off before going out of the house. I was numb and couldn't move at all. My muscles decided to give up on me at that very moment. All I could hear was the slow heartbeats of mine.

*Knock Knock* 

Yumi knocked the door again and again. She was worried and she couldn't care less about being scolded. She pushed opened the door and rushed in. All she saw was her boss, me, sitting on the floor with tears, messy up make up and no even moving a tiny bit from her position.

“It can’t be~ It can’t be!!” I said shaking my head. 

Yumi quickly rushed towards me, held me by my shoulders with widened eyes and a confused look on her face. I looked her in the eyes, and cried even harder. She pulled me into her embrace. She hugged me tightly and caressed my back to soothe my breathing, making me catch my breaths.

When she felt that I was more relaxed, she pulled away. She looked at me with utmost sincerity in her eyes that I had never seen before, not even in my best friend’s eyes. I felt so comfortable with her and I just blurted all that was going through in my mind. I took her as a friend. To me, in that moment, I felt as if I had known her forever. I just couldn't explain why I would do that too.

“I don’t want it to ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter