Chapter 40 : The Detective in Us

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joanne"s POV:

 

"What us going on?" An elderly man's voice travelled into all our ears. Silence began to filled the atmosphere and everyone was just staring at the door, not knowing how esle to reply. Reacting fast, I quickly ran towards him, "No, nothing. We are just having a mini gathering here since the boys have something to discuss about for the upcoming events happening at home and at work!" I signalled to the rest behind my back to keep the reports and hide them well before the elderly saw it and gave us something we all wished for it to never happened. 

"Oh really?" Suspicions creeped upon him and we were holding back our breaths hoping that he had seen nothing at all. We know that sometimes, Sehun's dad can be a little too quick for us to respond in time and make the necessary 'excuse' and find our way out of the situation. "Then why is the secretary not at her desk doing her job?" He asked sternly again. 

"Because I gave her the rest of the day off." Sehun stepped up and explained. The elder nodded and waved for Kris to give up his seat so that he could settle down and hear what we have discussed thus far. "Lay..." He called out monotonously. "Uh-huh?" The softspoken male replied. "Tell me, what was that dance you did on that TV show again, how did you do it?" Everyone was caught by surprise what Sehun's dad blurred out and we all sighed in relieved as if a huge stone was being lifted from our chests. 

"What? Is there anything I should know with the reactions I'm getting here?" Having his eyes narrowed and brows furrowed together, we shouted in unison, "No! Of course not!" Baekhyun trying to chnage the subject by calling out to Lay, "Yah, Lay! Why don't you tell Uncle Oh about the dance choreography that you did last weekend for the show?" Winking at him in hope that he has caught his signal to change the subject topic that we were on. 

"Oh, right! It's nothing much! I met up with a American choreography expert and we sat down to brainstorm ideas on in which creative directions we can head for the performance. I swear it was one of the most difficult dance I have ever done! That poppin move and the flips and turns, whoo! No joke, Uncle Oh! I nearly had my arm broken!" Lay exaggerated yet in thrilled for his passion. 

Lay is the only entertainer amongst us, he knew exactly how to bring joy to us even though some days he is just... I would say a little senseless. Well, I mean he likes to stone whenever he has the opportunity to, but little did we all know, he is the only one that paid the most attention to even the smallest details of each of our lives. He remembers clearly what we like or do not like, our habits and often tries his best to accommodate to us because he loves us and felt that he needs to take care of us too. 

My father-in-law nodded with wide smile on his face, "Yea! That's my boy!" We all chuckled and laughed at that comments. "Boys..." The called out turned the fun and relaz mood back into seriousness all over again. Silently we waited for the next word to be said, the elder stretched out his hand for Sehun to stand next to him. "Thank you for being the best friends of my son. I know he can count on you guys, and you..." he looked at my with softened eyes. "For whatever that may come in his way."

Noises filled the room, with denials that they did anything to help Sehun grow to the man he is today. "Nah! Uncle Oh, Sehun is the one that really helped us grow! We can't do it without him." Chanyeol apprecaited the young man loudly and gained recognitions and nods from the rest of his hyungs scattered around the room. I was surprised that even my brother agreed faithfully and enthusiastically too.

"Great! So whatever problem you have there, over in that drawer. Clear it up well! I trust that all of you will do a good job and that I will not be disappointed. It's a live to save and a mother to help..." He said as he stood up and headed towards the door. Our jaw dropped at his last sentence, "Thank you abeonim."  I whispered. The well-respected man turned around and smiled to me, "You are one brave girl to trust in these troublemakers and that silly boy." In much content and warmth, he left the office. 

"What the sh..." The surprised Baek shouted. "I swear I hid the thing really well and quietly!" Minseokie oppa raised his hands up in the air trying to prove his 'innocence' and loyalty in helping us hide the highly classified problem. My brother,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter