Chapter 8 : Flashback

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Flashback

 

The soothing pitter-patter sound of pearl-like raindrops fell onto the ground. Raindrops dripped at the tip of his hair, his high school blazer, his lashes and the tip of his nose as he walks towards her.

His lips curved into a fainted smile, with sadness in his eyes, was what she saw. Her heart warming smile and soft eyes was what he needed right then. He missed it so much. Glances were exchanged and the world seemed to stop at that moment for them. Nothing seemed to be catching up, not even time.

She dropped her umbrella. “I’d rather be in the rain with you if you don’t take the umbrella,” she said.

His faint smile was instantly lit up, though he was worried about her catching a cold. He stood still for a moment, allowing the raindrops to keep falling upon the two of them. She took a step forward. He knew that was his signal to move towards her. He dropped everything he was carrying, like he didn’t care if they would be stolen. Increasing the speed of his steps, he ran towards her.

“I just feel better under the rain, you silly. Get you umbrella back above your head.”

“No…”

He snuggled into the crook of her neck and embraced her tighter than he already was. His palm caressed the back of her head, slowly and lovingly, tighter and tighter. There tears falling from his eyes. However, he wasn’t sure it was just the rain or his tears. But one thing he knew was that he didn’t want to worry her.

“Is there something you want to tell me, huh?” she finally spoke.

“Hmm…” he shook his head.

She insisted but following it was a sneeze from her. He pulled away look at her in the eye. Chuckling, he pulled her along as he grabbed his belongings and the umbrella that she threw aside just to be in his shoes.

***

Interlocked fingers, dripping rainwater from their hair, wet footsteps marked its territory within the house. Sehun brought Jo into his room, passing her dry towels and clothing. Words weren’t needed from the moment they stepped into the house. She dried herself in his bathroom while he did it in his room. The room was dark; lightning flashed once in a while and brightened the room for a second or so. Soft thunder sounds could be heard but that didn’t scare Jo.

“ARHHHHHHH!”

Sehun rushed to his bathroom door despite the pain he received from kicking unto the table leg in front of him in carelessness. It wasn’t his fault for not knowing the existence of the table but, instead, the scream by Jo in the bathroom.

The moment Sehun reached the door; the door swung open and their faces were inches away. She was so afraid; she didn't know how close they were. They were so close that she almost couldn’t breathe and in that moment her heart stopped beating. She felt his warm breath against her skin, her hands on his bare chest. She stared blankly ahead, not knowing how to react. She felt her face getting hotter as each second passed by, but still she didn’t move a tiny bit.

“Hush… Don’t worry. Don’t be afraid. I’m here~”

He placed his head on top of hers and caressed her back, soothing her emotions.

Sehun pulled away and gave her forehead a peck. Her eyeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter