Chapter 33: James' Story

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

James' POV:

 

Standing in front of the mirror adjusting my necktie just one more time before heading out of the house for the new job I have take up. 
I let out a fainted sigh before slipping my feet into my leathered shoes and stepping out of my house. 

Every morning was a painful experience for me, even after 5 years of seperation from her. 
I still remember vividly that she would wake up at 6 a.m and prepare a scrumptious breakfast and place it on the dining table before going off for her routines and work. 
I would wake up with a wide smile plastered over my face as she kisses me goodbye before she made her way out of the house. 

Well, those were the days... and only memories stay now.

Along the way to my car, I told myself that I have to sort out my thoughts and not let it affect me for the rest of the day, trying my best to bring the best of me to my clients who have engaged me for the serviceI provide - Chauffer and a local tour guide.  

Standing in front of my car door, taking in deep breaths, I felt the cold morning air through my nostriles and shouted, "Yes! Today's gonna be another great day!"
With that I climbed into the car and headed for my clients.

The only information I had about them was:

1. They are from Korea,
2. A couple on their honeymoon,
3. Their names - so common in the other clients I have had, well at the male's. 

I held out my iPad with their names flashed on it, waiting for someone to call out to me. 

A moment later, a pair of couple, in their ealy 20s came towards me and greeted me with politeness. 
I returned a gentle bow and showed them the way towards my car. 

***

Deep within my heart, my heart sank a little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter