Chapter Twenty-Six

I'm in Love With My Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He'll never ever find out what it means." *pouts*

~Author's P.O.V~

She tiredly woke up as she just laid there on her bed feeling more than tired. Her body was still wanting sleep as her mind was already awake. She groaned when she continously thought about Kris.

"Ugh, whatever." She loudly groaned as she opened her eyes and got out of bed. Quickly she went straight to the bathroom then straight to her closet. Changing into something warm yet cute.

She slowly dragged herself downstairs and lazily put on her shoes. Opening the door, she was surprised to find Kris standing there in the cold. 

"Bwohya, what are you doing here?" She knitted her eyebrows as she walked out and closed the door.

"Going somewhere?" He smiled.

"Don't change the subject." She lightly pushed him as he chuckled.

"Okay, fine." He then stopped in his tracks earning her to also stop along and look up at him. "What... What does it mean, Jessica? What does the right way mean?" He stared deeply into her eyes.

"Kris, uh... gwaenchana. You don't have to do anything, it's fine." She bitterly smiled. 

"Does it mean a lot to you?" He asked as he grabbed her hand, interlacing their hands together before he gently squeezed her small hand. 

"Gwaenchana, it doesn't." She smiled up at him. 

"Jess, I'm sorry. B-But I'm not giving up. If it really means something to you, then I'm not giving up. Hmm?" He then pulled the petite girl into his embrace.

"I'll try to think harder and try to figure it out alright?" He then kissed her forehead before he left leaving her smiling staring at his leaving figure.

 

***

 

Arriving at the mall, she walked in happily as the conversation eariler replayed in her head. She walked and scanned all the stores finding present for her parents, Seohyun and lastly Kris.

Already have bought her parents and Seohyun, she was sturggling to buy something for Kris. Never have she bought something for another man except her father.

Not being able to find something that really called out to her for Kris, she ended up at a watch store. Thinking, it's the first Christmas with Kris - alone - not with his family.

Entering the watch store, and glancing around; she frowed upon seeing how expensive everything was.

"So expensive." She pouted upon staring at the watches before her.

"Looking for a watch miss?" A sudden voice spoke earning the girl's attention. Looking over she found a handsome young man standing next to her smiling.

"Mm. I'm looking for a watch for a friend." She smiled as she turned her gaze back to the watches.

"Is it for a guy?" He asked earning Jessica's eyes to widen.

"Oh, how did you know?" She blinked at him surprised.

"Well, you are looking at the guys section." He chuckled. "And many girls come here to buy presents for their guy friends or boyfriends." He smiled.

"Ah, I see." She embarrassingly chuckled. "Yeah, its for a guy friend. But then again I don't think I'll be able to buy since it's too expensive."

"Well, how about the ones over here." He then guided her towards another section of watches for men. "These are the cheapest." She glanced over into the glance to find watches that still look expensive yet he was right about how cheaper it was than others. Her eyes continued to switch from one watch to another until one caught her eyes. 

"Can I see this one?" She asked pointing down to a gold watch shining brightly up at her.

"Yeah." He then walked around the counter to the other side. Unlocking the door and took out the gold watch. As she reached over and accidentally grabbed his hand along. 

"S-Sorry." She stuttered nervously as she quickly pulled her hand back with the watch as the male just smiled shaking his head. "Yehpeuhdah." She smiled as her eyes twinkled staring at the watch. 

"How about I give you a discount." He whispered as he leaned over the counter.

"J-Jinja!?" Her eyes widen even though there was a smile plastered on her lips. 

"Mm, but... " He had a teasing smile.

"But... " She suddenly was excited as she also leaned over the counter. 

"You have to go get some coffee with me." He continued to smile as Jessica leaned back and hesitated. "Come on, I always have coffee by myself and it's kinda sad." He lightly pouted.

"I-I guess so." She bitterly smiled. To her it was the only way to buy the watch. Not having lots of money, of course its a struggle to buy something. After buying the watch, the two ended up at Starbucks. However, she didn't buy anything.

"So, may I know your name?" He asked politely.

"Uh, yeah. It's Sooyoun." She smiled.

"That's a pretty name. I'm Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun." His smile widen. She just sat there smiling as she felt awkward.

"I-It was nice meeting you but I probably should go. I still need to do some wrapping." She was about to stand up however her wrist was quickly caught. 

"Come on, do you really have to leave that soon. I mean like Christman isn't until Friday. Can't you stay just a bit tad longer? Hmm?" Jessica bit her lower lip, she wanted to leave because of how awkward it was yet she didn't want to be mean. 

"Al... Alright." She slightly smiled. 

"So who's your boyfriend?"

"A-Ani. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh, so it's for a crush?"

"Aniyo, just for a close friend."

About 2 hours that past, they continously talked.

"Aren't you suppose to go back to work?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"I was already off long ago. I just wanted get to talk to you more." He smiled. Jessica just bitterly smiled as she was feeling uncomfortable.

"Well, it was great talking to you but I really have to go now." She stood up as she grabbed her things. She bowed and left until he quickly caught up to her.

"How about I give you ride? I mean it is really dark and a girl like you shouldn't be walking around in the dark alone." Jessica bit her lower lip as thousands of thought about hte guy came into her mind.

"Is he some sort of stalker? Or worse... a . Oh god please don't be."

"A-Aniyo, gwaenchana. I can take the bus. I don't want to be a burden." She bitterly smiled as she fasten her pace. 

"Oh come on. You won't be a burden." He grabbed her hand earning her to stop and retrieve her hand back quickly.

"I can go by myself. It's not like I'm a little girl anymore." She again was about to walk until he grabbed onto her arm.

"Gwaenchana, I can take you. My car is just outside." She cursed herself wishing that she never went to that watch store. Her blood was already boiling. 

"Please... " She kept trying to free herself and escape from him however couldn't. Suddenly an arm wrapped around her shoulders. Looking at the stranger, she sighed in relief. Beside her stood Lay, Chen, and Kai.

"Ya, she doesn't want you to follow her to her house you stalker. Do you not understand?" Kai glared at the employee.

"Nuguseyo? Her boyfriend?" The man looked at Kai with a disgusted face.

"Why do you care who I am? Jealous?" Kai smirked earning the latter to scoff.

"Just leave already." Lay snapped as he glared.

"Why should I listen to you and plus does she even ing know you?" Quickly, she opened to speak.

"I do. I know them very well. His name is Kai, that one is Lay and lastly that Chen." She smiled at Chen before cocked an eyebrow at the male.

"Tch, I was wrong for going for a used toy." He rolled his eyes to only be pushed.

"Are you saying that I'm a you er!?" She finally burst. "I don't ing sleep around like you do! I hope that you get HIV or some for thinking that and for sleeping around so recklessly. If you want to get into someone's pants then go to a club or something. Ain't girls going to be sleeping with you just because you're giving them discounts for something!" She snapped angrily.

The guy just left after feeling embarrassed from all the looks by the passbyers.

"Ugh, I should've just beat you with a chair." She growled to only stop glaring at his leaving figure when she heard muffled laughing. "Bwoh!?" She pouted at the guys.

"You're so scary." Lay chuckled as he pinched the girl's cheeks.

"Whatever." She puffed as she turned away.

"Aigoo, neomu gwiyeo." Chen patted her head lightly.

"Want a ride or stalker dude to give you a ride?" Kai swinged his arm around her shoulders again.

"Yes please and to my house, not Kris's."  

"Alrighty." He smiled as he lightly ruffled her hair. Stepping outside, they quickly went into the car and drove off when they notice the stalker guy again outside.

"Noona, can I ask you something?" Lay asked once they were on their way.

"Mm." She looked over at Lay.

"Are you trying to make Kris do something?" He asked.

"Um, well." She glanced around to find that their attention was also on her. "Yeah. It's an act. If you understand."

"Aniyo, I don't understand." He stratched the back of his head. 

"Just think about it. It's not that hard from what I just said." She smiled and got out once Kai parked the car in front of her house. 

"Thanks for the ride guys." She genuinely smiled at them before she was about to leave until Chen called out to her. "Bwoh?" She her heels.

"Will you be buying us presents too?" He smiled his famous smile. "I know you bought something for Kris.~" He teased.

"Yeah and plus we always help you with things. So can't wait for our presents annyeong!!!~" Kai shouted out before they drove not even letting Jessica answer back. 

"Mwoyaa." She chuckled before she walked inside. After setting the shopping bags in her room, she changed into something comfortable before walking downstairs looking around when she finally notice how quiet her house shounded.  

"Seohyun must be living with Luhan now. They must be secretly married." She chuckled as she took out some kimchi stew. Heating up the stew she sat down at the kitchen table and ate by herself.

Suddenly someone started banging on her door. Quickly she walked over and opened the door to find a crying little boy. Furrowing her eyebrows of who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter