Chapter Eighteen

I'm in Love With My Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm never leaving his side ever again. I'm not going to lose him."

(A/N: This chapter's pretty long, so sorry if you guys wanted a shorter chapter.)

***Few Weeks Later***

~Author's P.O.V~

Day by day went on as they were being used to forget the pain, as they were to erase all the memories of him. 

However, not a single day could she forget, could she erase everything. Each day, it grew more and more. Her love... for him. No matter how hard it was, she continued to tell herself:

"He's not the one for you Jessica... stop missing him... stop loving him... just stop."

Just a glance of him, her heart races. Hearing his voice, her heart breaks more as she can't erase how much she loved hearing his voice.

She can't... she can't stop... she can't forget... she just can't. It's too hard, too painful.

Every thought that comes to her mind at the thought of him, her heart beats faster. But again she repeats:

"Stop Jung Sooyoun! Andwae! Don't beat so fast, jehbal... stop beating so fast."

Coming into her mind, the thought of him already having someone else. Someone better than she.

~

She quickly ran upstairs straight to Kris's room to check if her phone was there. Looking around in his room, still no success. 

Until his phone came into view. Quickly she walked over to his desk taking a hold of his phone. 

Unlocking...

Her heart dropped. There before her was a girl maybe at the same age as her.

Immedaitely, she locked his phone once as her breathing became uneven. Slowly she set down the phone as she was still stunned.

Slowly, she turned around as her mind was so occupied with the girl's identity. Who was she? Why didn't Kris ever talk about her? Most important, who is she to Kris?

The thought of having him  on her screensaver made her thinking that the guys also changed his screensaver to her also. However she was wrong. His screensaver was someone else.

Unknowingly a tear streamed down her cheek. Roughly wiping it away, she took small steps towards his bedroom door, slowly creaking it open. There lied before was the man who she love sleepingly peacefully.

She quietly closed the door and walked out with a broken heart.

~

Already quitting her recent job at the cafe, she decided to work at the frozen yogurt place. Despite feeling empty, she quickly adapted to her new job quickly.

Becoming close to the employees already, she didn't feel completely empty. Jokingly, from time to time the male employees would flirt around with her, even the customers would pitch in.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The girl stood in front of her full body length mirror. Staring back at her reflection, she knew her appreance may not have changed. But her personality changed. Inside, she was a whole new girl as her outside revealed the old her.

She became so quiet, that many doesn't even know when her presence is there.

She tossed her old phone away as she bought a new one only saving her parents and Seohyun's numbers.

She pushed EXO out of her life. Never once since her discharge has she ever spoken to them. She pushed herself til she ignored their presence.

Pushing herself more and more, She became a stranger to her one and only best friend. She became the person who loved her privacy, who loved to speak very few words.

All her smiles were forced as she didn't know the real reason why she even smiled so much at first. Everythig became a question to her along with the painful truth hiding behind.

To her, she feels as if she never really had true happiness. Maybe she was hiding her true self in the dark the whole time. Never once, have she saw light until she accepted the most painful thing in life. Love.

She saw light once she finally accepted her feelings for him, but she put out the light as she hid herself backin the dark.

"Was I really never happy? Were all my smiles only fake? What happened to me? Did love change me that much? Did he change me that much?"

 

***

 

School's been the same, ignoring everything around her. Barely saying a single word. 

Her off hour finally came. Naturally, she let her own feet take her anywhere. Resaching her end point, she ended up at the art room. Knowing that no one has classes during her off hour.

She walked in, glancing around as she made her way towards the huge window at the corner of the room.

Sitting on a chair she grabbed along the way, she gazed outside. Slowly her mind went blank again before her gaze turned towards the art room. Looking around, her eyes quickly caught something.

Suddenly, she stood up and walked towards a covered drawing canvas. Standing right before it, she lift up the cloth without hesitation. After taking it completely off, her eyes widen.

There before her, was her.

Her eyes scanned every single detail before she caught a small quote printed on the bottom corner. She leaned down to get a more clear look, her heart stopped.

~You never realize how much you love somebody until their gone.~

The quote alone wasn't what made her heart break. It was the owner of drawing which stopped her heart. Written under the quote wrote - Kris Wu.

"K-Kris d-drew this? H-He drew m-me? D-Does that mean h-he loves me?" A small smile slowly crept upon her pinkish thin lips as hot tears streamed down her cheeks. Wiping away her tears, she covered the drawing and left the room.

Right after she was outside the door, her phone rang. Looking at the called ID, she furrowed her eyebrows as an unknown number shown on the screen.  Answering the phone after the fourth ring.

"Ya! Why did you change you number and not tell me!?" Her mother shouted angrily.

"Oh, mianhae omma. I just forgot but maybe it's because you guys never cared to call me back whenever I called." Jessica lightly chuckled.

"So how's my princess doing?" Her father's voice then came through the receiver.

"Appa! Neomu bogoshipeo." Jessica whined as she walked through the empty hallways.

"Jeodohyo!~" The girl giggled upon hearing her father's ageyo voice.

"Ya, your aegyo is so bad." The girl answered between her laughs as she stopped and stared out the window.

"Whatever, I'm not talking to you anymore." Her father answered.

"Appa~" The petite girl whined cutely earning the male the sigh.

"You always have to win." The girl burst out laughing upon hearing her father's defeat.

"Appa, when are you guys coming back? I really miss you guys. Oh and appa did you guys ever get a call informing Kris's parents?" The girl spoke as she leaned against the window feeling the coldness from outside.

"Nugu?" Her father questioned back. Remembering, that her parents only know Kris by his Chinese name.

"I meant YiFan appa." The girl bitterly smiled.

"Oh ani, what happened? Did something bad happen?" Her mother worriedly asked.

"Uh... yeah. I got a callf rom the police informing me that his mother is in a coma as his father passed away." She responded to only stiff up at hearing a familiar - very familiar - voice behind her. Slowly she turned and there stood the man who she tried for weeks to forget and avoid.

"What did you just say?" He repeated himself.

"Jeongmallo!? Aigoo that poor baby?" The girl's mother shouted as the girl continued to stared back at the male, shocked.

"My parents... what happened to them?" He asked once more as his eyes glinted with tears.

"O-Omma, I-I'll call you later. I have to go to class." The girl quickly hung up as kept her gaze elsewhere then him.

"Tell me! What happened!?" He finally shouted earning the girl to flinch as he pinned the small girl against the cold wall. "Tell Me!!!!~" He shouted as his hot tears streamed down his pale face.

"T-The polce called me when the incident happend w-with Seohyun and Luhan. T-They told me that your mother is in a coma and y-your father passed away. T-They were involved in a plane crash. O-On their way to China, the plane crashed." Kris arms dropped to his side as he took in the information.

"And no one told me." He breathe out.

"T-The guys didn't tell you?" The girl stuttered as she thought he already knew.

"We didn't tell because you said you wanted to tell him yourself. No matter what you were going to be the one to tell him." Kai sternly spoke with a hint of anger. Kris just scoffed.

"K-Kris, I... I thought... " The girl unknowingly grabbed the male's arm as she tried to explained. However her hands were thrown away as he didn't want to feel her touch no matter how much he craved for before.

"What!? After ing telling me you're just going to comfort me as if nothing ing happened!?" He burst. "Just stay away from me forever! I don't want you in my ing life anymore! Did you ever know how much it hurt when I thought you'd be the firt I'd see when I woke up! I thought you actually cared. But all this time you were just ing with me! You never gave a single about me!" He shouted as he stomped away from the crying girl as she stood and stared at his leaving figure. 

"K-Kris... " She whispered before she leaned against the wall and slid down onto the cold ground. 

"I told you if someone looks for you then it mean they love you. He looked for you right when he opened his eyes. He really loves you Jessica." Suho walked passed the girl shaking his head in disappointment followed along witht he guys.

"Ani." The girl spoke up as she stood up earning the males attention. "You said if someone looks for them then they love them. Never once has he ever came looking for me. If he ever did, why didn't he come to my house? So it was him who forgot me. I even tried waiting but nothing... nothing happened." Jessica spat as she harshly wiped away her tears and walked away.

Jessica wanted to - so badly - run up to Kris and hold him tightly in her embrace. However hearing the words of not wanting her in his life, she gladly would do it.

***

As she was walking, she suddenly was stopped by a group of girls surrounding her.

"Ya! What the did you do to Kris oppa!?" One of the girl's smacked Jessica's head. Only to earn the poor girl to look up at them unaffected.

"What are you going to do then huh? Beat me up, force me to do something embarrassing?" She spoke with a emotionless face. All the girls scoffed and sarcastically chuckled.

It began, Jessica was pushed around before she fell down on all fours. About to get up, she quickly was kicked and punched. Strikes coming from every angle. However all the girl did was curl up into a ball as more tears streamed down her face.

To her, the strikes weren't as painful as what she did to Kris.

When she glanced in front of her, there stood Kris along with Tao and Sehun. She watched as he looked at the scene however walked away as if he didn't even see anything.

"What are you girls doing right now!?" A teacher finally showed up screaming at the girls as they all scattered away.

***

Slowly, the wounded girl opened her eyes. Immedaitely wincing at the pain.

"Sooyoun, what's going on? Why are you suddenly getting bullied? Has this been going on for a while?" The nurse spoke as she notice the girl was finally awake.

"Gwaenchana, don't worry about me." She softly spoke before she stood and almost fell over but only to be in someone's embrace. She looked up and immedaitely she pulled away. The person who she fell into was the man who she loved dearly yet never wanted to meet gazes with ever again.

Quickly she started limping out of the nurse's office.

"Ya! You should stay resting!" He sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter