Chapter Fifteen

I'm in Love With My Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aniya, I can't do it anymore. My heart... "

~Author's P.O.V~

I slowly fluttered my eyes open due to the showering light from above. When I sat up and glanced around my area I found myself laying on a red and white plaid picnic blanket.

I stretched my arms as a yawn escaped my lips. When I kept looking around I notice a tall figure far from where I was. That figure, it was a guy for sure.

He was standing in the mist of thousands - or millions - of tall tiny yellow flowers. I stood up dusting myself to find that I was wearing a summer dress that cut up to my knees. I shrugged it off before I started my little walk towards the standing figure.

I barely could see his face because the sun was shining too brightly. I tried my best to cover the light with my small hands but failed miserably. I squinted my eyes trying my best to keep my eyes set on the tall figure.

I continued to walk closer to only find him reaching out his hand for me. I stopped in my tracks as my eyes lingered on his hand reaching out for me. Soon a smile spread across my face before I started picking up my pace.

He looked so close but he was so far. Every step I took, he got farther and farther.

When I finally came closer, he started to turn his back. And that's when I started to panic a bit. I stopped in my tracks as I watched him turn his back against me.

I watched as he glanced over his shoulder before he started walking away. That's when I started to dash towards him however he just got farther. As I continued to run I accidentally tripped.

I didn't have time to whine about the pain so I quickly shot up and just when I was standing on my two feet he was gone. No where to be seen.

Being able to not see him anymore, hurt. The pain in my heart, it hurt so badly. I had no idea how such a stranger can have this much impact on me. So I stood there, rooted to my spot as a warm tear escaped my eyes.

***

She slowly opened her eyes at the thought of the stranger in her dream. She heaved a sigh before turning to lay on her side. Her eyes continued to stay closed before she smelt something. Something too familiar.

She leaned her nose towards the scented sheets before it hit her like a slap in the face. Kris. It smelled like Kris. She sniffed it once more before she lifted up her head and looked around her surroundings.

She was laying on Kris's bed.

"H-How did I get up here?" She muttered in her morning voice. Slowly she went out of the cozy warm sheets as she started her way out of his bed room.

When she opened the door, she found a pair of feet sticking out from the white couch. She blinked a few times before she made her way towards the couch to find the giant male model napping on the couch.

"He let me sleep on his bed." A smile crept onto her face. She quickly fixed the blanket on Kris's body before her eyes started scanning his handsome features. The smile she had on before never even left.

Slowly without even noticing, her fingers lighting started lingering on his face. Just the light touch and his eyes fluttered open scaring the girl.

"What are you doing?" Kris sat up stretching his body from the pain of letting the girl sleep on his bed.

"Nothing." She answered as she sat on the couch acting innocent. The awkward silence the silence then filled the air. None spoke nor even wanted to speak. There was nothing to say.

So Jessica decided to break the silence. She turned her head facing Kris and he followed. Their eyes shot widen open. The silence continued to linger in the air as the two froze on the spot.

Their lips, were in contact. Turns out when they both turned to speak, their actions did the talking other then words.

They both stayed in that position until a knock was heard. Kris quickly shot up coughing a bit as Jessica shyly turned away with heated cheeks.

Kris pretend to act cool like nothing happened as he walked over to his door and opened it to reveal Chanyeol.

"W-What do you want?" Kris cleared his throat a bit still shocked by the sudden contact.

"Can I use your bathroom? I really need to go!!!~" Chanyeol pouted cutely.

"Ani, go use downstair's bathroom." Kris pushed Chanyeol away and watched him dash downstairs. Kris couldn't help but chuckle at his dongsaeng.

When Kris closed the door, he turned around to find the shocked girl still sitting there with her fingers touching her lips.

"U-Uh..." Kris rubbed the back of his neck out of the awkwardness. "S-Shouldn't you like go home now?" Kris slowly approached the the girl however she didn't even respond. "J-Jessica?" Kris lightly tapped the girl's shoulder only to have the girl freak out.

Kris notice how she was still in the state of shock. She quickly sat up straight while clearing from what just happened.

"D-Did you say something?" Jessica embarrassingly asked.

"I said 'Shouldn't you go home now?', you slept over twice and never went back. You didn't even take a shower." Kris crossed his arms as he cocked an eyebrow at the shy girl in front of him. He watched as she awkwardly cleared and stood up.

"A-Araseyo." She shyly stuttered. She quickly dashed out of the door right before Kris burst out laughing when the door was sealed closed. Quickly Kris went to take a quick shower. He quickly changed into a white t-shirt and grey jogger pants before heading downstairs.

One step on the very first step of the stairs he heard laughter. He furrowed his eyebrows before he continued going downstairs to find Jessica still here and was chatting with Chanyeol and Chen.

"Bwoh? I thought you left?" Kris walked into the kitchen to pour a cup of water for himself.

"Ani, Chanyeol and Chen wanted me to stay." Jessica grinned. Once he saw that smile, his heart beat accelerated. He cleared his throat and just nods his head.

"Hyung~ Can you cook us breakfast?~" Chen asked as he searched through varieties of channels.

"Why don't you make yourself breakfast?" Kris answered in a cold tone earning a glare from the latter.

"Ya! You can cook! So make breakfast for us! I just want to eat your food again." Chen walked over and did his aegyo. "Pwease!~"

"Shireoyo." Kris pushes Chen away only to have the latter to run and jump onto Kris. "Ya! Get off me!" Kris struggles to take off the shorter man however fails.

"No!!!~ Not until you agree!!!" Chen shouts as he tightens his arms around Kris.

"Araseyo, araseyo!" Kris stops as he hears the latter evilly laughing while letting go. Kris watches as Chen quickly runs away and out of the kitchen. Kris chuckled before he walked over and opened the fridge to find nothing.

"I have nothing to cook." Kris blankly told them only to have them making puppy eyes towards Kris. He rolls his eyes with a sigh. "Fine, fine I'll go to the market." Kris starts walking upstairs.

"I'll go too." Jessica hollers out as a small smile formed on Kris's lips. Kris quickly grabbed his phone and wallet before he ran back downstairs to put on his shoes.

When he was done he looked down at the petite girl to find she was having difficulties putting on her shoes. So he ended up kneeling down on one of his knees while his hands extended and started helping her.

Gasp was heard before they turned to faint ooh's. Kris stood up with a roll of eyes before he opened the door and walked out with a shy girl following along.



*



As Kris and Jessica were walking around the open market looking for the right groceries thousands of girls were whispering and giggling while looking at the two.

To Jessica, she felt uneasy. She hated attracting people towards her. Mostly when there was a handsome - as - male model walking right next to you.

Jessica glanced down at the ground as she started playing with her fingers. She didn't want to look up until she heard a car honking. When she finally looked up, she became a statue.

There was a car that was honking like crazy as it was coming closer and closer towards the girl. Her heart beat was beating like crazy as she didn't know what to do. Her mind just went blank.

Until someone yanked her back onto the sidewalk and made her petite body collide with theirs.

"Are you ing stupid!? You could have died!" Kris angrily shouted. She couldn't speak, she felt as if she jut lost her voice. It was a very close call, if it wasn't because of Kris she wouldn't see her family and friends anymore. She wouldn't get to argue with Kris no more. She wouldn't get to see Kris anymore.

Without even realizing, hot tears started streaming down her face. Which caused Kris to stop his nagging. He heaved a sigh before he yanked her into his warm embrace wrapping his protective arms around her petite body.

"Gwaenchana, nothing happened. Don't be scared, I'll... I'll protect you." Kris whispered to the crying girl in his embrace. She quickly wrapped her own arms around his waist as she felt more safe in his embrace.

After a while of being in each other's embrace, Kris broke the hug and interlaced his hand with hers making sure that it was secure.

"Come on, we still have to go grocery shopping." Kris softly spoke before he started tugging the girl towards the rows of stores. The girl just nodded as she still didn't want to speak. She wanted to stay in his embrace longer.

She wanted to have his protective arms around her petite body once more. To feel his warmth, to hear his steady heart beat, to just be in his arms.

They continued to roam around the stores as a store caught Kris's eyes. They walked over and Kris let go of Jessica's hand to only have her frown at the sudden lost of contact.

After he bought something from the store, he was going to walk off until he turned back and interlaced their hands once more. He was scared, really scared to lose the girl. He may not know now, but he knows that deep down he cares for the girl. He has the urge to just keep her alive, breathing, smiling and talking. He couldn't loose her.

When he held her hand once more, her smile grew once more. Throughout the whole grocery shopping, that smile never disappeared. Kris would smile from time to time however he always hid it.




*



When they finally reached the house, Kris let go of Jessica's hand once more to hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter