Chapter Twenty-Two

I'm in Love With My Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you so much and I'm so sorry."

~Author's P.O.V~

About a few hours, Kris finally found out where Cheongsando was. It was an island, that's why it too a while.

After parking his car, he ran towards the boat that was about to leave.

"Excuse me are you leaving to Cheongsando?" He quickly asked.

"Yes we are. Do you need a lift sir?" The captain spoke. Kris quickly nodded his head. "Well hop in." He smiled. Kris then quickly climbed onto the boat. He then pulled out his wallet but was quickly stopped. "No, no, no. It's fine. Looks like it's your first on a boat, so it's free for you. But next time." The captain winked as Kris bowed multiple times.

When reaching the dock, and helping the captian to tie his boat to the dock Kris left after saying thanks.

He then started walking in a path between house before reaching a huge field of tall yellow flowers.

(A/N: This is from the drama Spring Waltz)

Kris immedaitely remembered the place from somewhere. He slowly entered the field, just as immedaitely something came in mind. He was at the place where he always was in his dreams. 

"It can't be. My dream. Jessica."

He furrowed his eyebrows as he continued to walk in. He kept trying his best to think of why he continously had that dream and why at a place he never been before. 

Could it be, Jessica was the girl in his dreams. Was he fated to meet her here? Was she his fate? Was the thoughts that flowed through his mind.

He continued to walk as he glanced around the place before his eyes landed on three huge stacks of stones. He squnited his eyes once he notice something or someone was next to the piles of stones. 

Unconsiously, he feet started dragging him towards the piles of stones and the thing/person that was next to it. However as he continued to come closer, his heart started beating faster and faster.

Just before his eyes, his dream flashed before him. He was going to meet the girl who he spotted in his dreams. As he came closer, his vision of the thing/person came clearer.

There was a girl sitting there swaying her legs while staring straight down to the ground. Immedaitely seeing her face, he lost his breath.

He slowly started picking up his pace unknowingly as he felt scared and nervous. Just then he felt like everything stopped as now he was only a few steps away from the girl. He even notice how she haven't notice him.

As he came closer, he kneeled down right in front of the girl startling her as she looked up to earn her eyes widen.

"K-Kris." She stuttered as Kris just kneeled there not even knowing what to say.

"Jessica." Was all that pass his lips as his eyes stayed staring at the girl. After a short moment of silence, the girl quickly stood up and was about to leave when she was suddenly pulled backwards.

Her back hit a hard surface as a pair of arms quickly wrapped around her petite body.

"Jessica." He softly whispered hugging her tighter as if in just a blink of an eye she'll be gone, again.

"W-What are you doing here?" She nervously stuttered.

"I was worried about you. I was so scared that something happened to you, do you know that? Do you know how much I wished everything was just a dream. When I walked into that room and not seeing you there. I felt like everything fell apart. I was lifeless, I was empty Jessica." Kris softly whispered. A tear immedaitely escaped her eye.

"W-What are you saying Kris? S-Stop making up things alright." The heartbroken girl tried getting away from his grasp but failed miserably.

"I'm not making anything up Jessica. I mean what I said. Without you there, everything becomes so useless do you know that?" Kris cried as he tightly backhugged her.

"Hajima." She cried. "Stop hurting me Kris. Just stop, please." Kris slowly turned her around and gently cupped her face.

"W-What are you saying? I-I never want to hurt you Jessica." Kris shook his head as he rest his forehead against hers.

"I can't love you Kris. Y-You already have someone else. I hurt you too much. I-I almost got you killed." She cried as she held onto his wrist while her other hand cupped his face. "Please, go. I-I can't- I don't want to see you." The girl quickly pulled away from the male as she quickly walked away crying.

"Please Jessica. Please, I don't have anyone. There's no one Jessica." He cried. Jessica slowly turned around and spotted how his eyes were already red and puffy. Her heart hurt even more as she notice how much he was pleading her.

"Stop lying Kris. Y-You have your mom a-and-" He quickly cut her off.

"She left me." He sternly spoke as he looked up, staring straight into her eyes.

~

He sat there, staring at the TV as his hand held onto Jessica's hand tightly. Suddenly he had a uncomfortable feeling yet he shrugged it off. However suddenly the door slammed open revealing a nurse breathing hard. 

"G-Gwaenchana? Is something wrong?" He asked as he sat up straight.

"Y-Your... m-mother... " She tried to catch her breath.

"W-What's wrong? M-My mom? D-Did something happen to her?" Kris nervously asked as his hand unconsiously tighten it's grip as he stood up. 

"We lost her Mr. Wu." Everything immedaitely stopped when those words reached Kris's ears. 

"Bwoh?" His hand let go of Jessica's hand. "M-Mwuh rah goo?" He eyes already started b with tears. 

"She's gone sir. W-We're sorry." The nurse bowed. Kris just heaved a sigh before shaking his head.

"A-Ani, t-that c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter