The Reason.

Beyond Perfection.

"Seriously?! You and him are engaged?" Namjoo exlaimed when Hayoung told her about her engagement when she meet her at the class.

"Shh.. shh.. Namjoo, calm down. We are not yet official anyway." Hayoung calming down her bestfriend.

"Doesn't matter anyway. The thing is you are engaged to someone that you hate so much. Hayoung-ah, how are you going to deal with that?" Namjoo asked in concern. Hayoung just sighing and resting her head on the table. She is also confused on what should she do. As if she had any other better choice. She keep silent while staring at the wall beside Namjoo. 

"Anyway, I was always wondering this. We've been friends 2 years already. That passed 2 years until know, you and Sehun are never at peace. What was the reason that you and him hating each other this much. I mean, look at both of your parents. They are so closed even wants you and him to get married." Namjoo asked. Hayoung blinked for some seconds trying to remember something that she had decided to forget forever. 

12 years ago...

Cherry Kindergarten, Seoul. 

"Sehun! My coins fell down. Help me, Sehun-ah." Hayoung asked her first best friend before she bend down to take her coins. Sehun who was walking with her to their classroom bend down as well to help the girl. Few metres from them were the other kids who busy playing before they stop and run towards Sehun and Hayoung. 

"Sehun likes Hayoung! He likes Hayoung! He always with her! He never plays with us!" one boy suddenly shouted and the others are like cheering to what the boy said. 

"Sehun and Hayoung sitting on the tree! K-i-s-s-i-n-g! " the kids teased them and laughing at them. Sehun, who was gritted his teeth suddenly stood up while Hayoung who is still confuse, keep her coins back in her pocket before stood up as well looking at the kids. She is almost cry with her face slowly turning red. Sehun didn't seems like crying however his face is redden as well.

"Yaa! Stop it!" Sehun said while tighten his fist. Hayoung was shocked and keep her eyes at Sehun.

" I didn't like her! She is not pretty anyway! I don't like her! Stop it!" Sehun said to the kids. Hayoung was so hurt and mad that she cried silently before running away from the others.

"Ha--Hayoung-ah." Sehun tried to call her as slow as he can to avoid the kids heard him. Hayoung continue crying in the toilet alone.

"Okay, kids! Let's move to the classroom! Sehun, you came alone ? Where's Hayoung?" the teacher asked Sehun while signing the others to the class. Sehun answered his teacher with a shrug before following the other boys.

 

 

 

 

Is that the reason? Hm. Maybe. Hayoung's thought. She don't even answer Namjoo's question.

------------------------------------------------------

Reccess time.

Hayoung and Namjoo are walking towards cafe when they saw Sehun on their way. He is surrounded by girls, some are juniors and the other probably their batch. 

"Your fiancee is really that popular." Namjoo suddenly said. Hayoung give a stare towards him before replying Namjoo.

"Maybe." 

Sehun saw Hayoung there and turn his head to her. He gave her a sweet smile and wave his hand towards her. Hayoung just rolled her eyes before pulling Namjoo along with her towards cafe.

"Well, I guess there's nothing anymore. Bye girls. I got to go!" Sehun excused himself from the girls before walking towards Jongin. 

"How is it felt being a popular boy in the school ?" Jongin teased. Sehun just scoffed.
"Anyway, don't forget you're engaged." Jongin knew it too. 

"We're not official yet." Sehun shrugged and walked towards the food.

 


"Hayoung ah! Can oppa sit here?" Dongwoon asked. Before Hayoung can even answer him, he sat down and start to eat. 

"Oppa, I didn't said you can. And you don't even ask Namjoo here." Hayoung puffed her cheeks and Namjoo just smiled. They continue eating and talking casually about random things. 

Sehun and Jongin were watching them without they realizing it.

"I forgot that your fiancee is as popular as you" Jongin chuckled and eat his burger. Sehun just silent and watched some other boys who greeted Hayoung eventhough Dongwoon is sat in front of her. Hayoung suddenly stand up to take her milk at the counter.

"I can't deny it anyway. Hayoung is really pretty and y too." Jongin continued while watching Hayoung from up and down. Sehun saw Jongin's eyes and he covered it with his hand. 

"Yaa! Mind your eyes, Kai! She's my fiancee." Sehun said sounded protective.

"I thought it is not official yet?" Jongin rolled his eyes and shrugged. Sehun ignored him and continue eating his food.