Jongin.

Beyond Perfection.

Jongin stood up for almost 30 minutes in front of Taemin's house after Taemin's mother told him that Taemin wasn't at home as he went to a camp for a few days. He had nowhere to go and he was expecting Sehun to pick up his phone. It was the 15th attempt he tried to reach Sehun. He sighed.

" What am I doing? He is married. Of course he won't have time for me at this hour. " Jongin walked to nearby park and sat on the bench. He blew hot air in his hands as he felt cold. He was in rush that he only left his house with his sweater. But the coldness wasn't able to bear with only that piece of clothes. He looked at his watch. It showed 9.00 p.m.

"Where should I sleep tonight?" He mumbled to himself before let out a sigh. He scrolled down his contact numbers and stop at Namjoo's name.

" Is this okay?" He mumbled once again and scrolled more down. When he reached at the last number, he put away his phone and covered his face with both hands. Things that just happened really bothering him. Somehow, even Namjoo will be the one that probably could help him, he just can't contact her. 

" Think about it, again! Namjoo probably didn't know about this, Jongin!" Jongin mumbled to himself for the nth time and reached his phone to call Namjoo. 

 


Namjoo read the text she received from her mother. 

' Namjoo-yaa. Mom and Dad will have a dinner event tonight. Sorry if we will be back home late! ' 

Namjoo chuckled. Eventhough she always been left alone at home, since she doesn't have sibling, she still happy that her parents love her so dearly. It is true that her parents are busy, but she wouldn't mind it. Usually, she will stay in Hayoung's house but her bestfriend is married now. 

She smiled and put her phone on the table as she reached the remote control to change the channel. Her phone rang. 

" Who is it?" She mumbled while changing her hand towards her phone. Picking up the phone and Jongin's name was on the screen. The least person that she expected to call her. She picked up the call anyway. 

" Joo, you're at home?" Jongin's voice from the other line.

" Yes. Where supposed I be? What's wrong, Jongin? " She asked. It was a new thing for her as Jongin called her at night like this.

" Can I go there? Now?" Jongin carefully asked. Namjoo blinked in confusion. She had no idea for what's happening. 

" Alright. " That's the only word came out of before the call ended. Namjoo was still dumbfounded. 

 

With a heavy heart, Jongin pressed the house's bell. The house in front of his eyes were much bigger than his house. Eventhough Jongin's family and Namjoo's family wealth are almost the same, but Jongin's family choose to live in a normal neighbourhood. Their house as big enough as to show their wealth. 

Namjoo appeared at the front door before she slightly run towards the gate with a key. 

" Hey, Jongin. " Namjoo greeted. She unlocked the gate allowing Jongin to walk in. 

" Hey. Did I disturbed you? " He asked. Namjoo just shook her head. 

"But my parents are not in home right now. Probably, come back late. " Namjoo told him. Jongin just nodded. 

They walked in the house after Namjoo locked the gate again.

" Are you alright? " Namjoo asked after the complete silence in the house since he stepped in. She handed the hot coffee she made for him. Jongin took it and smiled bitterly. 

" Probably, do you know that I'm not your real cousin? " Jongin asked calmly as he sipped his coffee. Namjoo blinked in confusion and almost drop her mug. 

" What--what do you mean?" Namjoo startled. She still confuse at what Jongin just said. Jongin placed the mug on the table and leaned his back on the couch. Closing his eyes and took a deep breath before releasing it slowly. 

" I was right. You didn't know anything about this. I was right in choosing you for help. I was almost hate each person in this family. But who am I to blame everyone when I just knew only little part of the fact. "
Jongin sighed heavily.

" Wait a minute. Jongin, I still find that your words are greek for me. I don't understand any. " Namjoo being honest about it.


An hour earlier...

Jongin read again the paragraph. He still didn't get any clue for the question. 

" Ugh! I need the old textbook! " Jongin grumpily stood up of his chair. 

" Mom, where did you put my old textbooks? " He asked his mother when he saw her in kitchen. 

" In your Dad's library I guess. He's in there. You can ask him. " His mother was busy preparing the coffee. He smiled and kiss his mother's cheek before walked towards his father's library. 

" Dad? Can I come in for secs? I need my books. " Jongin politely greeted his father as he walked in the library. Mr. Kim just nodded and chuckled at his only son. Jongin smiled again and walked towards the rack. He was actually glad to see his parents in home again. It was so hard. They were always left to oversea for their international business. 

Jongin sorted through the rack and took his book when he accidentally pulled it out with a file. It was as small as a text book and attracting Jongin to have a slight views of it.

He read it in his mind.

' Agreement for adopting a children. 

...... the adoption of Park Jongin by Kim Jaemyun and his wife, Kim Nara thus changing his name to Kim Jongin was accepted..... '

Jongin's breath was unconciously increasing as he read the agreement. He tried his best not to let any tears fall off his eyes. He stepped slowly towards his father's table.

" D--dad? Ca--can you-- tell me ab--about this? " Jongin asked stuttering as he put the file slowly on his father's table.

Mr. Kim turned his head at the file and shocked by himself. He looked up to his only son. 

" Jonginaa.. It is--" Mr. Kim was about to explain when Jongin cut him.

" It is true.. right..? It is all true.... right? " Jongin blinked his eyes lot of time as he tried to avoid the tears from falling. His mother stepped in the room and look at both of them in confusion. 

" Anything's wrong, you both? " She asked casually and brought the coffee on the table where she saw the agreement. Accidentally, dropped it on the table as she cover with her hands and luckily the coffee didn't messed up so much.

" Oh my, Jonginaa.. You're my only son, dear." His mother's spoke out.

" Yeah it was all true, Jonginaa.. You're adopted but you're still my beloved, son." His father tried to comfort him and pulled his wrist but got shoved by Jongin. Tears were started to fall off his eyes.

" I -- understand.. " Jongin said and left the library. 

" Jonginaa!" His mother half yelled and started to sob her heart out. 

Jongin was so angry, confused, sad and all of the emotions that he can't explained were all over him. He just walked out of the house after he took his phone, wallet and his sweater. He ran out towards Taemin's house but disapponted when the person he thought could help him wasn't there.

 

 

 


" ... I called Sehun but he didn't picked up. So.. I called you." Jongin told everything to Namjoo. Namjoo nodded slowly and sighed.

" I thought of hating you too since you're a part of the family. You must know something too. " Jongin told her honestly. Namjoo shook her head.

" Mom and Dad never tell anything about it to me. I know nothing about this. " Namjoo answered. Somehow, she felt hurt at Jongin's words at the same time she glad Jongin still come to her for help. Jongin nodded.

" I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I was just.... messed up. " He said as he saw her face changed. He messed up his hair.

" It is alright. I understand you had a lot in your head. " Namjoo smiled reassuring him. " That explains why we have no similarity on our looks. " 

Namjoo chuckled. Jongin just stared at her. Realizing it, Namjoo quickly explain.

" No, I mean... I was joking.. I'm sorry..." Namjoo looked down felt guilty in making Jongin offended. Unexpectedly, Jongin chuckled and laughed after that. 

" What...? " Namjoo confused at his sudden reaction. Jongin shook his head.

" Are you saying that I don't have your family pretty traits? " He still laughing at the moment he asked that.

" No! I mean you are so handsome and cousins should have a bit similar feature. But we have nothing similar. I'm short and you're tall. My nose is a bit round and your nose is perfect. My face is also round and your face is so fine..." Namjoo long talk was cut by Jongin.

" You are pretty enough and you're from a good family with a good looks. You should be thankful for that. And me, I don't know where I came from, who are my real family.. I don't belong in here, in fact. " Jongin looked down.

" I--i'm sorry.." Namjoo mumbled again. Jongin just nodded. They were in silent for 5 minutes before Namjoo suddenly talk. 

" Hey, I didn't mean to offend you... but, Uncle and Aunty always love you dearly. Plus, never once they treat you like an adopted son. Even my parents, always proudly said you're their nephew. You should be thankful for their loves, Jongin.. " Namjoo tried to comfort him. Jongin looked at Namjoo before smiling bitterly and nodding. 

"I know and I didn't mad at them. I just don't know. I'm shocked about this. Maybe...." He shrugged and sighed. " By the way, can I sleep here? " 

Namjoo chuckled and nodded.

" Yeah. Guest room is ready for you. " Namjoo answered. 

" Guest room? Why not your room? " Jongin slightly frown. 

" What?! " Namjoo slightly yelled in disbelief earning a laugh from Jongin. 

" Come on, Namjoo. I was joking. Why would I sleep with you? I'm going to be killed you know, since we're not a cousin anymore. " Jongin chuckled. Namjoo chuckled as well. She didn't know whether to be sad or happy about the fact that Jongin is not her real cousin. 

" Let's just sleep now. I'm getting tired running around. " Jongin said while yawning. Namjoo nodded and guided Jongin to the guest room as she told. 

" And thanks for the laugh, Namjoo." He smiled.

Luckily, it was weekend holiday for tomorrow, so it won't be hard for Jongin to stay in. 

' It is going to be a long day tomorrow. ' Namjoo's thought. Jongin's mind also wandered around that night. 


-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Guys T-T Did I mess up the plot? I'm so sorry if it's not interesting. T-T