Jungkook - Faith Part 1

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

A/N: A request from VelvetLove01007. You are Hanna.



 

Pain, according to the dictionary, has three possible meanings. One, it's a highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by an illness or injury. Two, a mental suffering or distress. And three, a great care or trouble. Even so what does a dictionary know about pain? Real pain. After all it's just a book filled with thousands and thousands of words with their definition. But is that definition even accurate? How you do really define pain? Is it something physical? Like scrapping you knee when you fell on your bicycle. Like when you accidentally bit your tongue while eating. Like when you got hit by something. However pain can also be emotional. Maybe pain is losing the one you love, the one you've always cared about. Maybe pain is getting left alone in the altar in front of everybody you've ever known. Maybe pain is hurting the people you love directly or indirectly. Nevertheless pain has a different definition for each and every one of us. And for Jeon Jungkook pain is seeing the one he loves most lose her grasp of reality and not being able to do anything about it.

 

---

 

It's been almost two years since the fateful accident that claimed the life of Hanna's younger brother, Junwoo. They were close, as some people would say, thick as thieves. So when Hanna lost him, she changed to the point that you almost recognize her. Her long chocolate colored hair was now black and short. Gone was her happy-go-lucky attitude, she's now the girl who always had that dark gray cloud over head. The colorful aura that used to surround her was gone. She stopped smiling. She stopped working. She stopped functioning in general. She stopped being herself. 

 

And for the past few days, Hanna stopped going to work, she stayed at home in a catatonic like state. Her gaze never leaving the window, looking the world she neglected after losing the person she cared about the most. Now she's left with nothing and no one, or maybe that's just what she thought.

 

---

 

It's been exactly one year, ten months, three weeks and five days since the accident, since Hanna lost it. Yes, Jungkook had been counting, counting the days wherein Hana was slowly losing herself. He never left her side, tending to her every need and always making sure she's never alone or she'd never feel alone. But in the end it still wasn't enough because even with his help, Hanna sunk into depression further and he's already running out of options.

 

Right now, Hanna's in her room doing god knows what, while Jungkook's in the kitchen preparing dinner for her. Tonight he decided to make her some stir-fried meat with vegetables. A sigh escaped his lips as he continued to cook. I hope she recovers soon. 

 

Painful was not enough to describe the pain Jungkook had been suffering, watching the love of his life lose her sanity. He stood there watching as Hanna was pulled deeper into a world where no one was welcome, not even Jungkook. And it was excruciating because he couldn't do anything about it, even though he wanted to.

 

There was a knock on the door that intrrupted Jungkook's cooking and to his surprise, his hyungs were there, the people that he works with in the cafe. "V-hyung? Jin-hyung?" 

 

Jungkook began working at a café some time ago. He was working with V and Jin along with four others, who later became his close friends. Seokjin, or Jin as how he liked to be called, owned the little café. It was across the high school which Junwoo was attending. That how he met Junwoo which led to him meeting Hanna.

 

-

 

With a tray of tea and biscuits, Jungkook entered the living room. He placed it on the coffee table in front of the couch V and Jin was sitting on. "How's she doing?" Jin asked. "Still not eating?" V, or Taehyung followed.

 

Jungkook clasped his hands together and sighed. "I don't know what to do anymore." And it was true. He tried everything he could possibly do to bring Hanna back but all his efforts were fruitless. Cooking her favorite food, talking to her however she would rarely answer him with words, only with a nod or a shook of the head. And it was killing him not hearing her voice for such a long time. "She even stopped talking to me." Jungkook could barely keep the tears at bay. Jin scootched closer to him, reassuringly rubbing circles on his dongsaeng's back. "Hyung what should I do? She hasn't left her room in days! I just--" And he finally broke down. The tears wouldn't stop. He loved her and when she's hurting, he's hurting too.

 

"You're doing the best you can." Jin cooed.

 

And everything came rushing to him, Hanna's reaction the moment she found out what happened to her dear brother Junwoo. She didn't cry, no, not a single tear fell from her eyes when found out she lost her brother nor at the funeral, when it was her last time to see him. What's more was, Jungkook knew she was holding everything in. He knew her well enough after all. And that's what's scaring him, the fact that she was keeping everything to herself. What if everything just felt too much for her and she lost it completely. The thought was haunting him. Jungkook wiped a tear before speaking. "I just want her to know, no, I want to assure her that I'm here. We're here." He sighed. "And that we're not leaving."

 

V raised his hand. "I think I have an idea."

 

---

 

When Hanna woke up, the first thing she noticed was a note taped to her forehead. She scrunched her nose, as she pulled it off.

 

Today's a new day. Why don't you go out and play?

 

She flipped it over and saw another text.

 

Breakfast's waiting.

 

It was confusing. She was about to think who'd do this for her but of course there's this one person who's willing to go through hell for her, Jungkook. However as much as she wanted to smile, she couldn't. It's not that she didn't appreciate the effort, she always had and always would, but all the courage she had was gone. All the life was out of her that even a simple smile was almost impossible.

 

With a small sigh, Hanna stood from the bed, slipped on her slippers and walked out of her room. The scent of freshly made pancakes filled her nostrils. It was a sensation she hadn't felt in a long time. She followed the scent to the kitchen and saw a man standing in front of the stove.

 

She cleared making the man turn around. His magenta colored hair combed to almost perfection, a pink apron tied around his waist. Jin? He smiled at her before turning back to the pan.

 

Hanna took a seat on of the stools in front of the island counter. Everything was confusing, from the note to Jin cooking pancakes for her. She sat there, patiently waiting for him to finish so that she could ask him properly.

 

And after a few minutes, Jin turned around again, this time with pancakes on a plate. He placed it on the island counter and pushed it gently to Hanna. She just gave him a confused look but he ignored it, so she did what she thought was appropriate, she took a bite out of the pancakes. And much to her surprise, it was edible. It's not that Jin wasn't a decent cook, he was. She hummed a little, appreciating the tasty food given to her. She sighed. "Why are you here?" She asked.

 

A small smile appeared on Jin's face. "Wow."

 

Hanna raised an eyebrow, puzzled.

 

"It's been a while since I last heard you speak." Jin mumbled. Which was true. Ever since Hanna lost Junwoo, she slowly changed, up to the point that she rarely speaks. "I'm just helping." He continued.

 

"Helping who?"

 

But instead of answering her question, Jin handed her a piece of paper. She took it hesitatingly and read what was written.

 

"A device that nearly everyone has,

that can freeze anyone it sees.

What is it?"

 

"A riddle?" Hanna asked. And Jin nodded. "What for?"

 

"Cause you need it." Jin answered, keeping that small smile on his face.

 

Confused more than ever, Hanna just groaned inwardly. I've got no time for this. She thought. And it was ironic. Because in reality, she's got all the time in world to do things which were actually productive instead she chose to spend that time sulking in her room alone and ignoring the people around her. She pulled out her phone to check the time. It was almost ten in the morning. And then one icon caught her attention. Something that everyone has, that can freeze anyone it sees. "A camera!" It came out as a scream.

 

Jin nodded again. He pulled out another paper from his pocket and handed it Hanna.

 

Oh god please don't tell me there's more. She thought as she took the paper from Jin. And to her surprise, it wasn't a riddle but an address, an address of a shop that sells cameras. "Should I go to this address?"

 

"Yes." Jin answered.

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because you need it."

 

No, I don't. "A camera?"

 

"No. Everything." The small smiled on his face not changing.

 

"Huh?"

 

Jin took her hands and held it tight. "Trust me." And as much as Hanna didn't want to, she trusted Jin. It's Kim Seokjin after all. Hanna nodded. "Good."

 

But Hanna was still in no mood to leave. She stood up. "I'll be in my room."

 

"Okay."

 

With Jin's simple answer, Hanna walked back to her room and slumped herself on her bed. She heaved a deep sigh, wondering what this day has in store for her.

 




(o6/o1/14)

This Jungkook drabble was requested by VelvetLove01007Sorry if I just posted just half of it today. I lost my angst mojo and wasn't able to come up with a suitable plot.  This wasn't really supposed to be a 2-part drabble but I felt bad for not posing anything and making you wait. So I cut it into two part. I'm already working on the second half so don't worry, it shall be up in a few days. I hope you understand.

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa