Jungkook - Reunions

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

A/N: A request from VelvetLove01007. You are Park Mieul.



 

Jeon Jungkook was at the peak of his career when he was in high school. The group he was in, Bangtan boys, debuted right after he finished middle school. And although he wasn't able to attend school much because of the promotion and tours, he was able to make a friend. A friend could never forget, Park Mieul. She was different and even though she was pretty and friendly, she didn't approach him like other girls did. She made him curious. Until it came to a point where Jungkook approached her. And after some chasing and running around, they finally got to talk and eventually became friends, close friends.

 

It was an undeniable fact that Jungkook was a busy kid, having a career while still studying was no joke. But despite that busy schedule he'd always make time to spend with Mieul. She was his best friend and it was hard to find one in the world where he existed.

 

---

 

Today was Jungkook's high school reunion and it's been ten years since he graduated high school. It's not that he was excited and it's not that he's not but maybe this reunion might be exactly what he needed, a break from all the stress from work, after all they just started another promotion.

 

He left the apartment early. And no, he's no longer living with his hyungs, he moved out some months before renewing his contract. He didn't mind living though, it gave him the peace and quiet he couldn't get living in a dorm with six rowdy boys. And yes, boys, because even with the ten years that passed, his hyungs were still as talkative and hyperactive as they were when they debuted except maybe when the missis are around. Seokjin's already married while Yoongi and Namjoon were almost there. 

 

---

 

When Jungkook arrived at the venue of the reunion, there were already a lot of people. Many approached him, introducing themselves as friends and classmates. Most of them looked familiar, while some looked like he's never met them before. But even with this many people trying to talk to him, his mind was else where.

 

"You okay?" Kim Joonyoung asked. Jooyoung was Jungkook's friend and the student council president during their senior year. Other than Mieul, Joonyoung was Jungkook's other close friend

 

Jungkook shook his head, before taking a sip from the drink he was holding. Joonyoung sighed, knowing that his friend was lying but he didn't ask any further.

 

---

 

It's been a few hours since the party started and people were already dancing while Jungkook was stuck in a corner, watching someone. She was sitting alone, wearing this gorgeous tiffany blue dress that reaches mid her thighs and white stiletto pumps, her hair tied into a messy bun. He frowned, still not sure how to approach her. She was lovely, she always was.

 

After mustering up the courage he needed, he walked towards her, taking small steps. He still couldn't think of what words to say. Hey how's it going? Wanna dance me? No. He shook his head inwardly. That won't do. What if I just ask her straightforward? He sighed. How am I going to talk to you? He groaned mentally. Why is it so hard?

 

He let out a sigh as he stood in front of her, holding his hand out to her. "Uhm, Mieul would you like to dance?"  He mentally slapped himself.

 

She placed his hand on his and he led her to the dance floor. He turned around, placing her arms around his neck and his on her waist. The music was slow and they moved to each smooth beat.

 

Jungkook was killing himself in his mind. Maybe it's not a good move to ask her to dance. Wait. I should say something but what? He sighed inwardly, again.

 

He cleared his throat. "So--" He paused, still thinking of the right words to say. He couldn't afford to make a mistake, it's crucial that he say the right words, a relationship was at stake, their relationship was at stake. "--I'm sorry." He continued, still not able to look at her eyes. "I'm sorry for snapping at you that day. I was tired and it was wrong that I took it out on you. It's been days since we last talked and I really missed you."

 

---

 

Mieul stared at Jungkook, he was looking away. She missed him. Ever since he snapped at her a few days ago, they hadn't talked yet, heck they hadn't seen each other since that day. And oh she couldn't get that day out of her head. She went to his apartment because they hadn't seen each other since Bangtan was busy preparing for promotions. She couldn't remember how it started but somewhere in their conversation they began to argue, Jungkook snapped at her and she ran away crying. That was the first he said mean things to her and it really hurt.

 

She bit her lip. "It's okay."

 

He shot up, finally looking at her. Well that got his attention. She sighed inwardly.

 

"It's okay?" He said, giving her a questioning look.

 

She nodded. "I was being pushy, I get it. I'd snap at me too."

 

He pulled her closer. Mieul's eyes widened at his action, clearly shocked. "Don't say that." He cooed. "You weren't being pushy. I was just a jerk to snap at you when you were making the effort to see me. I'm really sorry."  He said, resting  his head on her shoulder. "You don't know how much I missed you. The past few days were hell without you."

 

She smiled lightly, her heart fluttered with the words he said. "I know." She joked making Jungkook chuckle.

 

Jungkook pulled away with a big smile. "I have an idea. Stay here." He whispered in her ear, waking away in haste, more like ran away really, leaving her alone in the middle of the dance floor. She bit her lip, embarrassed that she was left alone. She didn't know how long she stood there but she didn't leave just like what Jungkook asked.

 

---

 

The music suddenly stopped and Jungkook cleared his throat with the mic already close to his lips. He stood there awkwardly, his face red as a tomato. Weird right? He stood on the stage feeling shy and yet his an idol. Maybe it's because he's doing this not as Jeon Jungkook, Bangtan's golden maknae, but as Jeon Jungkook the 28-year old man in love with his high school best friend.

 

Everyone turned to the stage, including Mieul, and he just felt his heart beat even faster. "Ugh hi everybody. I'm Jeon Jungkook." He let out a small sigh, trying to calm his heart. "I would like to dedicate this song to the person who's always been there for me. I love you Mieul." He smiled and even with the distance separating them, he could see her blushing.

 

"Said all I want from you
Is to see you tomorrow
And every tomorrow
Maybe you'll let me borrow, your heart
And is it too much to ask for every Sunday?
An while we're at it throw in every other day to start"

 

Jungkook was more than grateful to have Mieul in his life. She's always been the one that helped him keep his feet on the ground, reminding him that there's more to life than being an idol. It wasn't that hard to fall in love with her, she was funny and smart, different from all the other girls in their school. She was simple, didn't try to stand out yet in Jungkook's eyes she was the only he could see.

 

"I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife and you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it"

 

The spotlight followed him as he stepped down the stage, slowing making his way through the crowd, stopping in front of Mieul. She was looking down but he lifted her face, making her meet his gaze. In that moment, it felt like they were the only people in the world, the only people the mattered. It was like the world was theirs for the taking.

 

"So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
Cause you might around and find your dreams come true with me
Spend all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me"

 

Staring into Mieul eyes, Jungkook could see his world. She was only thing left that he wants that isn't his. In her eyes, he could see a future, his future, and he liked it.

 

"No I won't fill your mind with broken promises
And wasted time
And if you fall
You'll always land right in these arms
These arms of mine

 

Don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
Cause you might around and find your dreams come true with me
Spend all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
Not such a bad thing to fall in love with me"

 

The song ended with the sound of applause, people around them were cheering, some were even whistling. Jungkook could see how pink Mieul's cheeks were but he's still not done. He let out a deep sigh before kneeling to the ground. He took her hand, planting a soft kiss. "Park Mieul, to the person who's keeping together." He said, pulling out something from his back pocket. It was a red velvet box. Opening the box, it revealed a gorgeous diamond ring. He looked up at her again, with a soft smile. "Will you marry me?"

 

She brought her hands up, covering which was wide open in shock. She blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what Jungkook just said. It felt like the whole world stopped rotating on its axis.

 

Jungkook, who was still kneeling, cleared his throat. "I think you should say something." He smiled awkwardly.

 

"Ugh--" She stuttered, making Jungkook look flustered. But with his expression, she giggled. "Yes." She exclaimed, pulling him up into a tight hug.

 

He lifted her off the ground, carrying her, spinning around. And when they stopped, he rested his forehead on hers. "I love you." He muttered lovingly.

 

"I love you too."

 

He smiled at her words, sealing deal with a kiss.

 




(05/02/14)

This Jungkook drabble was made by VelvetLove01007I hope I was able to make it fluffy enough. Tell me what you think. And thank you for requesting! :)

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa