Jimin - Crumbs and Icing

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

Lucky. That's what it was. Today was Jimin's birthday. He was happy but exhausted. Bangtan had a mini fan-meet to celebrate. The fan-meet took all afternoon and when the sun had set as the night came, the rest of the members decided to go to an arcade; after all it's been quite some time since all seven of them had actual fun.

However, despite of all the greetings he received and the member's efforts, Jimin couldn't help but feel disappointed. Today was his special day…the only day in all 365 days in a year that was suppose to be about him and yet you, his girlfriend, still hadn't greeted him. He was actually expecting to wake up to a birthday message from you--and he'd deny it if you ask him--but to his dismay, of all the messages in his inbox and Kakao talk, not one of them came from you.

It was okay at first, he assumed you were just busy at work and had no time to greet him or anything. However, as the day went on and the minutes turned to hours, there was still no text message from you. He just felt something's wrong.

Bangtan were having their hairs and make-ups done for the fan-meet when Jimin decided to make a phone call. Sitting in front of the make up counter and with the stylist noona fixing his hair, he dialed your number. You phone was surprisingly out of reach. He sighed as he slid his phone back into his pocket, feeling an unexplained emptiness somewhere in his chest.

Maybe her boss made turn off her phone. He hoped that was it.

The day stretched too long as he waited for you…a text, a phone call…just something, anything…but there was absolutely nothing and it was tearing him apart. He was nervous. You were his first girlfriend and he feared that he was doing the wrong things. Maybe he was texting you too much, clinging like the clingy boyfriend he was. On top of that, the fact that you were beginning to distance yourself from him was not helping at all. You rarely went to Bighit anymore just to visit or bring them lunch.

He had no idea how it was to be in a relationship and right now, it was starting to get on his nerves. Maybe I was too clingy. He thought. He'd text you whenever he had the time. Maybe that scared her off. Or maybe I was putting too much effort.

Jimin's insecurities started to pile up…at first it was just like a small puddle of water but now, it became this ocean and he was beginning to drown in it. Maybe she found someone better than me? Someone with better abs? He gasped inwardly. There was this urge to pull his hair in frustration but doing so, in front of the member I might add, would be totally weird and out of character. It was probably Taehyung's thing to have an outburst like that.

The managers finally decided to call it night after spending almost all night in the arcade. Jungkook and Taehyung objected, saying they had no schedule tomorrow and spending time like this doesn't happen often; but in the end the managers won the argument.

Once Jimin had settled on his usual seat, he tipped his cap down to cover his eyes as he heaved a deep sigh. The birthday boy lost track of time as he put his earphones in, listening to random songs in his phones, his fingers tapping his knee along with the beat.

He was in the middle of listening to Taeyang's I Need A Girl when he felt someone poke him. Jimin flicked his cap up and saw Jungkook staring at him blankly from the seat in front of him. "What?" He asked, removing his earphones.

"Manager hyung said Bang-PDnim's asking for you." Jin, who was sitting beside Jimin, answered.

"What?" Jimin repeated, confused why Bang-PDnim would want to talk to him at this time; it was past 11pm for crying out loud. Nevertheless, he got down the van.

He heard someone call him from behind, turning around he saw his manger hyung. "I'll just have the driver come back for you." With that said, Bangtan's van sped off, leaving a baffled and speechless Jimin behind in front of the Bighit's office. A small sigh escaped his lips as he adjusted the collar of his jacket and his heel to enter the building.

---

Blank. Jimin's mind was blank as he walked around the Bighit office. There was a note on Bang-PDnim's office door, instructing him to go to Bangtan's practice room. When he got to the said place, he noticed from the shadow under the door that the lights were off. Upon opening the door, he froze. There in the middle of the room, stood the person he least expected to see. You were holding a cake and wearing a smile.

He was speechless as he stared at you, still a bit refusing to accept the reality that you were in the same room as he was. The blaze of the fire was reflecting onto your almond shaped eyes. "Happy Birthday Jiminie." You muttered and your voice sounded so sweet that Jimin just felt like he was going to melt and turn into this puddle of goo. 

You slowly started to walk and with every step you took, Jimin felt his heart beat pound harder and faster that he had to hold his chest, fearing his poor heart with might burst out. "Make a wish." You said as you stopped a foot away from him. But he was still too awestruck to be able to comprehend that you were really standing a foot away from him. It was surreal. "Jiminie hurry! The candles are melting." You complained pouting.

"Ugh…Oh! Yeah!" He closed his eyes and scrunched his nose like a little kid before blowing off the candles. 

"Happy birthday!" You cheered. He let out a small sigh before turning his head to you with a faint smile. "Is everything okay?" You asked with confused look, as you turned to switch the lights on and putting the cake on top of one of the tables. There was also something else on the tables but he couldn't care less about those right now.

"Yeah." Jimin bit his lip.

"Yah!" You called out with a huff, crossing your arms in front of your chest. "You do know that I could tell if you're lying to me right?" An expression of displeasure on your face and he could already tell me must've done something wrong for you to react that way.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he approached you, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry." He muttered as soon as he was close enough. It was almost inaudible but you didn't miss it.

You took his hand and squeezed it tight. "What's wrong?" He could hear the worry in your voice and it just made him feel worse.

"I don't know."

"You know you can tell me anything." He nodded. "Then tell me." You said, letting his hand go and running your fingers through his soft hair. He sighed again. "Seriously Jimin, tell me." You frowned.

Jimin hated to see you with a frown on your face, especially if it's his fault. Another sigh escaped his lips.

"Aren't you happy?" You snapped.

His attention snapped back at you, a soft expression on his face and his eyes were filled with worry. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"For what?"

"I don't know." He trailed off with a shrug. "You snapped at me so maybe I've done something wrong."

"Because!" You exclaimed. "It's your birthday and you keeping on sighing you sigher! You haven't even smiled since you saw me." You huffed.

"But it's past 12am already, it's not--"

"Not for another 5 minutes you idiot!" You cut him off and he gave you a questioning look, which just made you roll your eyes. "You came here at 11:45, I know cause that was the plan."

"The plan?" Jimin thought a loud and you gasped, your eyes widened with what you just blurted out. "You planned this?"

Your cheeks started to turn red as you got caught. And you just nodded in embarrassment, biting you lower lip. "Yeah…"

"Not greeting me first thing today? Not replying to my texts? Not visiting anymore and bringing me lunch?" You shook you head. "What?" He questioned your response.

This time you were the one who sighed, having to explain everything to him. "I did plan not greeting you first because I wanted to be the last person who does so. But the not visiting and replying, I don't know. I just had too…" You trailed off.

"Why?"

But you kept quiet and it just made his mind reel with thousands and thousands of questions. "Jagi why?" He asked again. Still nothing, you still kept your mouth shut with an unreadable expression written on your face. "Why--"

"Because I thought I was being too clingy!" You snapped again and Jimin froze. "There I said it. Happy?"

"What--"

"I thought I was starting to scare you off because I always wanted to be with you and I thought you didn't want that." You cracked and it was as if tears were about to fall.

Again, he let out a small sigh and brushed his thumb on your cheek. "You're not too clingy okay jagi?" His words sounded so sweet and sincere that you just had to believe him, "To be honest, I thought I was too clingy." You shot up and your gazes met, there was just this undeniable spark between the two of you. A spark which both of you knew. "I always want to be around you too. I thought I was also scaring you off cause I text you all the time, asking you to visit often. I'm sorry jagi. You know you're my first relationship and I have no idea what to do." You just kept quiet as you continued to listen to him. "I don't know what to do jagi. I just wanted to be with you all the time that it scares me too…" He pulled you into a hug and you buried your face into his chest.

Speechless, not a word came from your mouth as Jimin finished his little speech. Both of you had no idea that you're feeling the same way as the other did. You both feared you were being too clingy to each other and thought that you're scaring each other off. "I love you y/n." He mumbled into your ear and you felt a shivering sensation go down your spine. You're not sure if it was a good thing or bad thing but it was leaning more on the former rather than the latter.

You wrapped your arms around him and as you inhaled you were intoxicated by his scent. His perfume, which was your favorite, was just too much, sending your heart into a crazy frenzy.

Stuck in each other's arms and having no thoughts of letting each other go any time soon, Jimin flinched when there was sudden knock on the door. Both of your attentions snapped towards the door and saw shadows under the wooden contraption. "Can we go in now?" A muffled voice, which sounded like Hoseok, asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah sure." You said, letting Jimin go, which made him frown. Bangtan were walking in one by one and you approached them. Jimin groaned thinking how s just ruined his moment with you.

"Yah what are you guys doing here?" Jimin asked; his voice laced with annoyance, which he didn't bother to hide. He heard a snicker coming from your direction but opted to ignore it and focus his annoyance to . "Aren't you guys supposed to be at the dorm?"

"Are you supposed to be happy?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at his hyung before approaching you and giving you a tight hug. "I miss you noona!" He cheered, almost crushing your petite frame.

"Jungkook--" You choked out. "Can't breath."

Jimin decided to teach his favorite dongsaeng a lesson, giving the latter a hard kick on his . "Yah!"

Jungkook let you go as he fell to his knees. He glanced up at you with his doe eyes looking as if a tear was about to fall. "Noona… Jimin-hyung's mean." You just chuckled at Bangtan's maknae as you walked away, heading towards the other members to give them a greeting.

Jimin leaned down to Jungkook with an evil smirk. "That'll teach you not to hug what's mine." He whispered into his dongsaeng's ear before strutting off as Jungkook knelt there in pain.

"Cake!" A voice beamed, which Jimin recognized to be Taehyung's. And just by the tone, there was clear indication that his cake was in terrible danger.

"Yah yah yah!" He ran towards the cake you gave him. "Y/n gave that to me. Stay away from that!" He reprimanded the younger, grabbing the cake and making sure to put a decent distance between Taehyung's hands and the cake.

Taehyung's eyes were filled with fire as if they were eyeing a prey, which in this case was the cake you baked for Jimin. The older stuck his tongue out and smirked, thinking he was successful in keeping his precious cake safe.

Soon Taehyung's expression turned soft as he scrunched his nose, calling out your name.

"Sup?" You hollered from the other end of the room as you were talking to the hyung line.

"Jimin won't let me have cake!" Taehyung complained with a pout as Jimin cringed at what the former did.

You rolled your eyes at your boyfriend's attitude and selfishness. "Jiminie~"

"What?" He snapped back at you, his eyes livid and scouting the room for more potential predators. And we're talking about a cake here. From the look on your face, there was one thing that he could conclude. "You want me to give a cake to him?"

You nodded.

"Are you serious? This. Is. My. Cake. From. You." Jimin said it, with such an intense emotion that you just felt it from across the room. He was so caught up with trying to protect the cake from Taehyung that he didn't notice a certain grudge-bearing maknae sneaking up on him from behind.

Jungkook was able to swipe a finger on the cake and with a grin; he smeared the icing on Jimin's cheek and the latter froze in shock.  "Happy birthday little hyung!" He cackled, breaking into a dash as soon as he was done with the deed.

Turning around to face the maknae who caused him so much displeasure in less than ten minutes, Jimin's eyes were burning with rage. "MAKNAE!" He roared, almost dropping that cake, which was caught miraculously by Taehyung, as he ran after Jungkook.

Somewhere in between Jungkook and Jimin running around, you were able to creep up on your jealous boyfriend, smearing a fair amount of icing on his other cheek with a laugh. "Yah!" He barked as he got a hold of your hand.

"What?" You asked nonchalantly with playful smile.

Tis on! He smirked, swiping his own finger on the cake and smearing it on your cheek. You were caught by surprise with what he did.

Soon enough…a food fight started and what used to be a cake was now nothing but crumbs and streaks of icing.

The dance studio was mess; the food you prepared was thrown around. Crumbs were all over the floor, icing was smeared on the walls and glass, and pasta was hanging from the table. It was fun but really draining as it was every man for himself. And even though you were a girl, the only girl for that matter, you weren't safe from the pasta attacks from the others. Everyone was in on it, even the hyung line.

After all the food was thrown about, everyone ended up lying on the few parts of the floor that was clean.

"Best night ever." Jungkook said, erupting the comfortable silence.

You chuckled and suddenly felt someone poke you side. Turning your head, you saw a pouting Jimin, his face mere inches away from yours. "You okay?" You have him a questioning look.

He nodded.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"Nothing." He chuckled, which in turn made you giggle.

What he did next was something you didn't expect. He leaned in closer to you, his lips inching closer and closer to your until there was no more distance. Your lips moved in synchronization as you felt his hand holding you cheek.

"GET A ROOM!" Taehyung hollered with a laugh, breaking your kiss with Jimin and you felt your face flush.

Jimin suddenly had an urge to throw both of his shoes at Taehyung's direction and he was about to, but instead a better idea came to his mind. "You're just jealous you don't have a girlfriend." He smirked.

A loud gasped echoed through the room. "I don't need a girlfriend." Taehyung stood up from where he was lying and walked towards a certain yawning beast. "I have Kookie." He wiggled his eyebrows, putting an arm over the maknae's shoulder.

"What the hell!" Jungkook shook off Taehyung's arm. "Eww hyung that's so gay." He cringed, trying to get away from Taehyung's grasp.

"See~" The older sang. "He loves me too."

The room erupted with laughter as Jungkook tried to run away from Taehyung's pouting lips. "Come here Kookie~"

Again, you felt someone poking your side and knew in an instant, it was none other than Jimin. "Y/n…" He mumbled into your ear and you felt your heartbeat race, as you've never heard someone mention your name as perfectly as he does.

"Yeah?" You blushed.

"Thank you for the best birthday ever." Even without looking at him, you could already hear the smile in his voice. "Even though this idiots ruined it."

"Who you calling an idiot?" Suga barked from the other end of the room.

"Guess I wasn't whispering softly enough." Jimin chuckled.

There was silence. At least it was silent in your opinion even though you could still hear Jungkook struggling from Taehyung in the other end of the room.

"Y/n? You heard a soft voice call out your name again.

"Yeah?"

"I-I-Iloveyou." Jimin mumbled it so fast that you almost missed it.

A smiled graced your lips as you heard those words roll out from his tongue. You turned towards Jimin's direction and saw his face smiling at you--that sweet angelic smile you fell for.

You moved closer to him, placing a soft kiss on the corner of his lips. His eyes widened in shock and his mouth hanging open. "I love you too." You giggled at his expression.




A/N

I forgot to mention. To those who had been a subscriber since who knows when, I'm not sure if you guys remember Of Dreams, Memories and Realities. I deleted it here because I'm planning to make it into a full blown fic. Still working out the kinks before I post it again. :)

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa