Rap Monster - How to confess Kim Namjoon style

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

 

A/N: You are Kang Ahra. A request from Hangbokstory.



 

The thing about Kim Namjoon is that, he tries to act really cool--which he does almost 90% of the time--but it could also be seen in him that he's still that same shy dude from his middle school days.

 

Kang Ahra met Namjoon when she transferred to the school he was attending in middle school. She was this cute girl with a very bubbly personality. It didn't take long before Ahra and Namjoon ended up as friends--best friends. They like the same things, love the same things, do the same things--music in particular. Their love of music drew them even closer.

 

They were already in high school when Namjoon started to notice something, Ahra was changing--not in a bad way. She was starting to bloom like how a flower does. Her smile became sweeter and brighter. What's more was that, when that smile was directed at him, he could feel his heartbeat race, pumping like it's going to burst out of his chest. And whenever their hands would brush against each other ever so lightly, Namjoon could feel a zap of electricity running through his whole body. Nevertheless, not knowing or understanding what these feelings were, he chose to ignore it.

 

It wasn't until Namjoon's little talking with his hyung, Jin, what he realized what was happening to him. He told the latter everything, from the first time he felt his heart race to the zap of electricity, not sparing even the smallest of details. He had to let all those pent up feelings out and Jin was there to listen to him.

 

"You like her." Jin said right after Namjoon finished his little speech.

 

I like her? "What? No! I don't like her!" But even Namjoon himself didn't believe what he just said. Because deep down, he knew what his hyung said was true. He liked his best friend, and that the worst case scenario he could think of. It took him a couple more minutes to let the thought really sink into him. And with that, he let out a deep sigh.

 

Jin patted his dongsaeng's back reassuringly. "So what are you going to do about it?" The younger shrugged, cluelessness evident on his face. "Well I suggest you do something before you lose your chance."

 

Hearing lose you chance, Namjoon shot up. "Lose my chance?"

 

"Yeah." Jin nodded. "You won't have forever to tell her you know."

 

"Do I really have to?"

 

"Totally up to you but hey, you never know, you know?"

 

Even though he understood Namjoon came up with a sarcastic reply. "No. I don't." The elder chuckled, seeing the how frustrated his dongsaeng was. "And you think this is funny?" The younger said exasperatingly.

 

Jin shook his head as he leaned back, resting his head on the wall. "I just have never seen you like this before." Which was true, Namjoon was always the cool laid back guy but with the situation he was in right now, it's making the meaner him come out. He buried his face in his hands before sighing. "Hyung how do you tell your best friend you like her?"

 

"Hmm~" The elder hummed, pursing his lips. "Ah! Just do what you do best?"

 

"What do I do best?"

 

Jin smiled before answering his dongsaeng.

 

---

 

It was sunny Monday afternoon, everything was what Namjoon was expecting, having checked the weather report for today. To say he was excited, was an understatement. He had been fidgety since the last period started, finally starting to feel the anxiety he wasn't able to feel since his talk with Jin. He kept on glancing  on the wall clock in the classroom every so often that it pains him to see how time had slowed down.

 

And finally when that ringing sound echoed through the whole school, signalling the end of class. He quickly grabbed  something from his bag and made his way to Ahra, almost running and tripping on his own feet.

 

"Namjoon!" Ahra exclaimed as she saw her best friend on the floor. She rushed to him, helping him up on his feet the moment she was close enough. "What are you doing--"

 

As soon as Namjoon was standing again, he shoved the cd he took from his bag to Ahra. "Listen to this as soon as you get home okay? Okay? Okay?" Without waiting for an answer, he ran out of the room as fast as he could, grabbing his bag along the way, and leaving a dumbfounded Ahra behind.

 

Ahra looked down at her hand and saw what her best friend had shoved into her, a CD. She let out a small sigh as she walked back to her table to get her bag.

 

---

 

For the past few days, Namjoon had been acting weird around Ahra and she wasn't that dense nor too dumb not to notice it. He was a little too hyper and a little too jumpy. Whenever Ahra would touch him, he would jump and react as he was allergic to her. She was a bit hurt and really confused but she didn't have the courage to ask why he was reacting like that towards her.

 

That Monday afternoon, Ahra left school looking at the CD her best friend gave her. She placed it in her bag as she continued to walk on home.

 

"Good afternoon!" Her mom beamed as soon as Ahra had closed the door. She turned to her mom with a soft smile before walking towards the stairs. "Rough day at school?" She shrugged nonchalantly, proceeding up the stairs.

 

Not in the mood for anything as soon as Ahra entered her room, she dropped her bag by the door and slumped herself on the bed, lying flat on her stomach. She rolled over, only stopping when she was about to fall. Covering her eyes with the back of her hand, she sighed. A nap sounds great right now.  She thought. She suddenly remembered how Namjoon just started to distance himself from her, how it hurt her to see her best friend backing away from the slightest touch. Lost in thought, she drifted to sleep.

 

---

 

A loud roaring thunder woke Ahra up from her supposed nap. When she looked at the clock on her bedside table, she saw that it was already eight o'clock; she's been asleep for the past four hours. She groaned as she sat from the bed. And then something caught her attention, there was something in her bag that was reflecting light. She stood up approaching her bag and thanking the shining thing. It was a cd, the cd Namjoon gave her earlier today.

 

She got her laptop and settled on her bed. She slid the disk inside and according to a window that opened the cd had a list of songs.

 

 

  1. Accidentally in love - Counting Crows
  2. Love song - EXO's Chanyeol and Baekhyun
  3. Officially Yours - Craig David
  4. Beautiful soul - Jesse McCartney
  5. Everything - Michael Buble
  6. Call you mine - EXO's Kris and Lay
  7. It might be you - The Ambassadors
  8. Just the way you are - Bruno Mars
  9. God damn you're beautiful - Chester See
  10. Not a bad thing - Justin Timberlake
  11. Best friend - Jason Chen

 

Some of the songs were familiat while some she hadn't even heard of. But it was Namjoon we're talking about and he had this awesome taste in music. Ahra clicked play and the first song in the playlist started to play, Accidentally in love.

 

She hummed and sang to every song that she knew. And when the last song--Best friend--a song she hadn't heard before, she began to realize something. All the songs--all of them--had this message of falling in love. And it struck her, the moment she heard that part in the lyrics of Best friend, 'I fell in love with my best friend~' Is Namjoon trying to tell me something? She thought. But at the same time, she didn't want to read too much in between in the lines, she didn't want to assume. Assuming often leads to disappointment, so she shrugged off the thought. Just then, she heard a very familiar voice. It was Namjoon.

 

"If you got to this part, then it just meant you actually listened to the whole playlist." He chuckled. "I have something to tell you. Meet me in the park, you know which one, 5pm. I'll be waiting and hoping you won't let me down. See you Kang Ahra."

 

Then there was a deafening roar of thunder from outside. Ahra turned her head to the window and saw that it was still raining hard. Knowing Namjoon pretty well, she grabbed a jacket from her closet and ran down the stairs, putting her shoes in haste. Adrenaline suddenly pumping through her entire body.

 

"Ahra dinner's--"

 

She didn't let her mother finish as she grabbed an umbrella before running towards the pouring rain. "That idiot!" She cussed aloud but the rain and thunders covered her profanities.

 

---

 

It wasn't raining hard anymore when Ahra got to the park. She was panting and partially wet, with the strong gusts of wind her umbrella had little use. There were only a few lamps on, making the park one dark place. She walked briskly, turning her head left and right. And then she spotted it, that silver hair; even in the dark, Namjoon's silver hair could easily be seen. She slowed down her pace as she approached him.

 

Namjoon stood there, in the middle of the play ground with a bouquet of flowers in one hand. His head hanging low and his shoulders slumped. Washed by relief, Ahra found herself running towards him, stopping a foot away. He looked up and gave her a soft smile. "You came." He croaked.

 

Pak! Ahra slapped him, hard. She could feel tears forming in the corner of her eyes and she was still panting from running from her house to the park. "What are you still doing here?!" She yelled. "Still waiting for me?! You're really stupid you know that? Honestly--" She was cut off as he pulled her into a hug. "But you still came." He choked out. And she could hear the relief in his voice that all her anger died down. With a small sigh, she pulled away. "Anyway, you said you were going to say something."

 

Namjoon's eyes widened as he let go of Ahra. "Ugh--" He hesitated. "I-I ugh I-" He stuttered. "You are late."

 

"But I still came." Ahra retorted.

 

"But you're still late."

 

She rolled her eyes. "I know. Now tell me."

 

"No." He said sternly.

 

"WHAT?"

 

"No. I won't tell you."

 

"WHAT?"

 

This time it was Namjoon who rolled his eyes. "You heard me loud and clear."

 

You have got to be kidding me! "I ran all the way here, in the pouring rain! Wait, let me emphasize that, I RAN IN THE POURING RAIN AND NOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME?!" Ahra said, almost screaming every word to her idiot of  a best friend. And then he nodded. "I will kill you!" She charged forward, her fist curled into a ball ready to give Namjoon a punch but he was faster. He grabbed both her hands, preventing her from doing any damage to him.

 

"Yah! Kim Namjoon! LET! ME! GO!" She barked, making him laugh. Somehow Namjoon found all this amusing, angering Ahra even more. "I swear to god! The moment you let me go, I will strangle you to death!"'

 

"Good luck with that!" He laughed. And she groaned with so much frustration which made everything much funnier--well at least in his point of view.

 

Namjoon leaned in so close to Ahra that she stopped struggling. Her heartbeat started to race as she felt his hot breath on her neck. "You really wanna know?" He whispered and she could feel the heat creeping to her cheeks. She was speechless. "I love you Kang Ahra." And everything froze. He loves me? Then she felt something on her cheek, and in her peripheral vision she saw it was Namjoon. He kissed her cheek. "I don't expect you to feel the same way. But I needed to tell you." He smiled.

 

He kissed her other cheek and ran away. "See you tomorrow at school Kang Ahra!" He hollered as he ran towards the direction of his house.

 

Ahra held both her cheeks, still feeling the warmth in them. He kissed me. Her heartbeat was already racing and now it was pumping like it was going to pop out of her chest. Her breathing became uneven, with all the emotions she had at the moment. With a small sigh, she whispered. "I love you too." Before turning her back and walking to the direction of her own house.

 




(07.09.14)

This is my first Rap Monster drabble. I hope you guys like it. :)

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa