Chen - Litte things

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

Kim Jongdae or Chen was your boyfriend. You've been together with him for more than two years now. And you just got into a misunderstanding because instead of coming home early, like he told you, he ended up staying out late and falling asleep in a park. If it weren't for a cat, who scratched his face by the way, he would probably stayed there until sunrise.

 

He came home, to your shared apartment, late. Taking a glimpse at the wall clock in the living room, he saw that it was past four in the morning and you usually wake up at around six.

 

You didn't lock the bedroom door cause you weren't that type of person to lock someone out. And it just made him more guilty for forgetting. He came in to the bedroom, opening the door slowly so that it would not creak. He saw you, sleeping on the bed soundly.

 

He approached you, sitting on the floor beside you. He rested his on the bed and just watched you sleep. He examined you face, making sure to look at every little detail on your face. It was slightly creepy but he loved doing that, and he smiled happily knowing that your pretty face was his. He your cheek softly.

 

He didn't know how long he was watching you because he loved seeing you so peaceful, especially now that your exams were just around the corner and you were always so busy.

 

He stood up and gave you a soft peck on the cheek, before walking towards the door. He looked at you one last time, before disappearing out the door.

 

---

 

He decided to make you breakfast, to make it up to you. He made his way to the kitchen, turning on just one light so that it wasn't so bright. After all, it was almost five in the morning.

 

He opened the refrigerator, looking for ingredients he could use to make you breakfast. But all that was there were; a small plastic of bacon, a few pieces of egg, a carton of milk, and a bottle of orange juice. I probably need to buy some groceries. He thought. So he went to look at the cupboards above the kitchen counter, and let's just say that it was as empty as the fridge.

 

Realizing that he has few ingredients to work with, he sighed and rubbed his temples, thinking of what he could make out of the things available. Lightbulb. He inwardly yelled.

 

He wasn't really a cook, since you do the cooking almost all the time unless you two went out. But this time, he'll make an exception.

 

---

 

You woke up, to the scent of freshly cooked bacon and eggs, which was unusual since you were always the one who cooks, and let's just say that Chen wasn't really the cooking type. You got up, still rubbing you eyes, and saw that there was a tray on the corner of the bed. On it was a plate with pieces of bacons and egg, a glass of orange juice and a small glass vase with a white carnation in it.

 

You pulled the tray closer to you and noticed a note under the glass vase. The words were handwritten, and the handwriting itself was familiar to you. Chen?

 

Forgive me?

 

You tried not to smile but deep inside, you were bursting with joy. It's not everyday that Chen makes an effort for you but when he does, he always manage to do it with flair. Although, it was just a simple breakfast in bed but it's Chen we're talking about. He knew he's not a good cook and he could possibly give you food poisoning, but you couldn't care less at the moment. As people would say, it's the thought that counts.

 

A smile crept onto your face, but it disappeared as soon as you realized something. A certain troll was missing. The troll who prepared this breakfast which was lying on front of you, the troll who made the effort to cook for you, wasn't in the room. You turned to the door and saw it was left ajar. You sat up from the bed and slid on your slippers before waddling out of the room.

 

The sun was already up but the blinds were down and the kitchen lights were on. You continued to waddle to kitchen and saw the mess Chen left after cooking. A small sigh escaped from your lips, realizing you have to clean his mess. There was a small thud that came from the living room. You cocked your head to that direction and saw a small shadow from the couch. And then there was a soft snore, you scrunched your nose before walking towards the couch.

 

He was lying there, his hair covering his eyes. One arm dangling down the couch, mouth partly open. Still wearing the white apron you always wear when you cook. The sleeves of his plaid shirt rolled up messily. Another soft snore escaped his lips. You smiled lightly as you knelt down beside him.

 

Yeah, your relationship with Chen wasn't perfect but these little things. The little arguments, the little happy moments, it's what made you and him stronger. And you're just happy that despite everything you two had been through, you were still together. You let out a breath, as you parted his hair, showing his delicate face. You pursed you lips as you noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled. Your eyes widened but you ended up smiling because you knew that even in his sleep, he was thinking of you.

 




(04/27/14)

I've been working on this for more than two months now. Finally finished it! :)

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa