V - The skies know

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

A/N: This is somewhat a part 2 to my first V drabble, Good bye, beautiful. You can read this without reading the first one, but I'd appreciate it if you read the first one as well. :)

I wasn't actually planning to make a part 2(?), but then before I posted the story, I changed the last part and when Kaye read it again she was asking for a part 2. So here it is. KAYE/KayeAllen12, this is for you, again. Hope I didn't disappoint. :) This is told in Taehyung's perspective.



 

The story is set some months after the events of Good bye, beautiful.

 

---

 

It's been almost three years since you and Taehyung broke up but despite that fact, he continued to watch over you. Whenever he could, he'd go to the café right across the shop you always go to, and he'll wait for you. He'd watch you from afar as you meet other people, see your other friends, do your work. Doing that, it somehow made him like he's still part of your world, your life.

 

After the break up, he focused on his career and didn't entertain other girls. Because let's be honest, his heart is and will always be yours. And as his career continued to blossom, you focused on your studies, achieving high marks, winning contests. Sometimes, it made him think if he was also holding you back.

 

---

 

Today, Taehyung got the day off. BTS would be starting to work on their new concept and they were given a few days to rest. He was alone in the dorm since everyone went out. But then he received a text message from the maknae Jungkook, asking him to go the park a few blocks from their dorm. It took him some time to finally move from his bed. After all, today was supposed to be rest day.

 

Donning a simple ensemble today, he wore a plain white long-sleeved polo underneath a black leather jacket and dark denim jeans. He looked at himself in the mirror one last time before grabbing a cap from the rack and walking out of the dorm.

 

It was cloudy and it looked like it might rain any minute. He sighed, as he didn't bring an umbrella when he went out. Nevertheless he continued to walk, slumping his shoulders as he put his hands in his pockets.

 

The park was fairly simple. There were flowers everywhere, benches along the path, a small playground at one end and a small gazebo at the other. No one was at the playground and it's probably because of the weather.

 

He was walking along the path to the gazebo when he stopped at his track as he noticed that someone sitting on one of the benches. She was holding a book in one hand as she adjusted her glasses with the other. She was wearing this pastel pink dress and light brown knee-high boots. Smiling, as she turned the page of the book. Taehyung was awestruck, it's been three years since he saw this specific person up close, since he saw you this close. He was shocked to see you there, after all you live in the other side of the city.

 

He stood there in shock, unable to utter a word. It took him a few more seconds before he could finally move. He took a step back and turned around, ready to make a run for it.

 

"Taehyung?" You said. He bit his lip as he turned to you, smiling awkwardly. "Taehyung? What are you doing here?" You asked, giving him a questioning look.

 

"Ugh. Jimin and Jungkook texted me--" Then a sudden thought came to his mind. Those two! He scowled inwardly.

 

And by some act from the heavens, it started to rain. You stood up from the bench and ran to the gazebo, with Taehyung running behind you.

 

You were panting and partly wet when you got to the gazebo. Taehyung was just as wet as you were. It was raining cats and dogs. It looked like the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

 

Taehyung stood at the other end of the gazebo, keeping a distance between him and you. He didn't know why but he just had to keep a certain distance from you. Those two idiots are so dead. He cursed Jimin and Jungkook for putting him in such position.

 

You cleared your throat. "So how are you?" You asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

 

"Same old, same old."

 

"Good." You smiled, but of course Taehyung wouldn't see it as he wasn't look at her. He was staring at the other direction. "I missed you." You muttered, making him turn his gaze to you. His eyes wide in surprise. He stood there, speechless. 

 

It took him a couple more of seconds to process what you said. He let out a small sigh. "I missed you too." He tried not to stutter, not to show you how close he was to breaking down. The distance between you and him was excruciating, you were so close yet so far away. "I'm sorry."

 

"Huh?"

 

He inhaled deeply, before letting it all out. His heart was beating fast, like it's going to pop out of his chest. This was sort of the moment he was waiting for, the moment to tell you what he wanted that afternoon. "For letting you walk away that day." He bit his lip before speaking again. "I never wanted to let you go. But you sounded so sure, like you already made you mind." He chuckled sadly, so close to breaking down into tears. "And we both know how stubborn you are."

 

You hugged yourself awkwardly, feeling a little cold. "But it did help you though. Your career became better after we broke up." You looked at him, meeting his longing gaze.

 

He took off his jacket and placed on you shoulders. "Yeah. But still." He sounded weak, like in any moment he's going to break down. But he couldn't. Not in front of you, not like this.

 

"Still what?" 

 

He sighed again. It was really starting to be depressing. "It's not the same you know. Knowing you're not there, not watching me--"

 

"Whoever told you I stopped being there?" You interrupted, smiling a little.

 

"But I never saw you at the fan meets, the concerts, the shows--" You chuckled a little, interrupting his almost monologue. He look at you, confused as to why you were chuckling. "Hey just because you can't see me, doesn't mean I'm not there." You said, finally breaking out a proper smile.

 

Taehyung was puzzled. If you were there… "Why didn't you--"

 

"Why didn't I let you see me? We broke up remember?" You said, giving him a knowing look. "Plus I'll be a distraction." A shrug. "But I still feel the same you know." You said, keeping that beautiful smile on your face, the smile he couldn't forget, the smile he longed to see.

 

He titled his head, still confused. "Huh?"

 

You could just laugh at him right now, but that would be inappropriate. You sighed a little before biting your lip. "I still love you." You said, looking away.

 

It felt like the world stopped when Taehyung heard you say those four words. He didn't know how to react, what to say, what to do. He wasn't exactly expecting to her you say it. He wasn't even sure if he was still in reality cause every felt so surreal in a good way. And that's the reason why he held his hand up and slapped himself. Hard.

 

You turned back to him, he was still a few meters away. A hand mark could be seen on his right cheek, evidence of what he just did. It might be dumb but he needed it.

 

You tilted your clearly confused. "Ugh. What was that for?"

 

He held the cheek he just slapped before looking up, staring at you. He heaved a deep sigh before speaking. "Just making sure I wasn't dreaming. Did you just really told me you love me?"

 

You nodded with soft smile.

 

And it felt like his heart was going to explode. She still loves me. But then a sudden thought came to his mind. He remembered come something he saw months ago, a memory he was sort of trying to forget. "But you already have a boyfriend."

 

You gave him a perplexed expression. "I do not."

 

"Yes. You do." He paused, sighing. "I even saw you together. You were hugging him." The last part sounded like a whisper. 

 

"When was this?"

 

He looked up, eyebrows knitted together, pouting a little. It was cute, he still looked the same. He pouted more before slumping his shoulders down and shaking his head. "I don't know, some months ago." He shrugged.

 

You scrunched nose and looked up. "Oh!" You pulled your phone out of your pocket and showed Taehyung a photo of you with a guy, the guy you were with a few months back in the cafe you always go to. "This guy?"

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

And with his answer, you cracked into laughter falling down flat on your . You wiped a tear that was forming in the corner of your eye from laughing too much.

 

"What's so funny?" He pouted again.

 

You let out a deep sigh before answering his question. "You're still an idiot."

 

"Hey!"

 

"That's my eonnie's boyfriend dummy!" He gave you an are-you-kidding-me look, which made you break out into laughter again. "Gosh! I forgot you saw me that said." You said, standing up.

 

Saw me that day? "Wait what? You forgot I saw you that day? What day?" He sounded really confused.

 

You rolled your eyes. "Me. The cafe. A few months ago. I think."

 

Lightbulb. "You know I saw you that day?" He asked, finally remembering that day he was watching you in the cafe. The day he saw hug a guy, a guy who wasn't him. And it still sort of hurt him when he thinks about that day.

 

"Yup." You grinned which made him feel embarrassed for being caught. I should really be more careful. "Two little birdies told me."

 

Wait two little birdies? "Jimin and Jungkook!" He exclaimed and you nodded. Those two! He scowled inwardly. He should never had trusted those two. 

 

"They even told me that someone's been stalking me for over two years now." 

 

"Hey!" He interjected, a tint of pink on his cheeks. "I wasn't stalking. I was merely watching over you."

 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night~" You sang, still smiling.

 

"Hey!" He playfully hit you arm. And you laughed. 

 

You laughed echoed in his ears. And oh how he missed this. The two of you, together, like how you used to be, the playful banters, the hugs out-of-nowhere. It's been almost three years since you two last talked. And he missed everything, from the scent of your favorite perfume to the feel of your hand against his, from how you would nestle in the warmth of his hug to the way you would laugh at his jokes, from how you would play games with him just because he was bored to him helping you in his work and vice versa. You were his best friend and he was yours. He loved you and you loved him. 

 

Taehyung felt happy and soon noticed that the rain had stopped "Look, the rain stopped." He said, talking a small step forward. I guess the sky could tell I'm happy. He held out his hand to you, with his usual weird smile on his face, hoping you would take it.

 

You smiled as you took his hand and stood beside him. He squeezed you hand as leaning towards you. "I love you too." He whispered into your ear before he planted a sweet kiss on your soft cheek.

 

---

 

Unknown to you and Taehyung, two certain birds were watching you from afar, cheering. And despite being wet from the rain, those two birds were rejoiced because they were finally able to help their dearest friends.

 

"Finally!" Jungkook sighed and smiled. "Now let's go before they catch us." Jimin said as he stood up.

 




(05/04/14)

Tell me what you guys think. SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa