Jungkook - Faith Part 2

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

It was around one in the afternoon when Hanna finally decided to go the camera shop in the address. She wore a simple graphic shirt, denims jeans and her favorite Chuck Taylor shoes, tied her hair into a messy looking ponytail. One short glimpse in the mirror before walking out of the room with the note in her hand.

 

The moment she saw the front door, she squinted her eyes, trying to make out of the thing taped to the door. Another note? As soon she was close enough, she pulled it off.

 

'Good luck!' - Jin

 

Hanna folded the note and put it her jeans' back pocket. She looked at her watch on last time sighing as she walked out of the apartment complex.

 

-

 

The door were automatic, they opened as Hanna took a step closer to them. Her head turned right and left, not sure what or who to look for. She wandered around the store, looking at different kinds of cameras. And there in the end of one aisle, was a polaroid camera, something that's she had always wanted. Her eyes almost sparkled as she held that plastic camera. She was about to put it back when she felt someone poked her shoulder, and when she turned around she was surprised to Jimin smiling at her. And as much as she wanted to return the smile, she just didn't have the energy and happiness to do so.

 

"Been waiting for you." Jimin beamed, pulling Hanna in for a hug. It could be said that they were close. He was one of Jungkook's friends, who's also working in the café, and because of that they eventually became close friends. They hang out often but that was until before the accident.

 

Hanna gently pushed Jimin away and gave him a confused look. Her eyebrows scrunched together and her lips together in a pout. But he just smiled at her and took her wrist pulling her towards the counter.

 

"Oh hey Jimin!" The girl in the counter greeted. "Is she that girl? That girl? Jimin nodded. "Okay." She went to the other end of the counter and returned with a small paper bag. She handed it to Hanna and the latter just gave her a puzzled look, but took it nonetheless.

 

"Open it." Jimin said.

 

And Hanna did, much to her surprise it was the Polaroid camera she was holding earlier but this time, it was in a box and in a different color, pink her favorite. "Wha--"

 

Jimin cut her off by taking the box, opening it, getting the camera, and handing it to her. Even though she had no idea why she was being given the camera, she took it from Jimin, holding it with much care. "It's yours." He said. She turned to him with her eyes as if they're going to pop out of their sockets, making him laugh. "What?" That was all she could say.

 

He chuckled, his eyes almost closed, just like when he smiles. "Consider it a gift."

 

"But I can't. I--"

 

"Just take it. It would offend us if you won't" Us?

 

"Want me to take a picture of you?" The girl in counter offered. Hanna gave her the camera and stood beside Jimin. He was smiling with his hand, forming a peace sign, close to his cheek, while she could barely smile. But for the sake of the photo, she tried, the corner of her lips forming an almost curve up.

 

*Click*

 

The girl handed the camera back to Hanna before the photo could start printing. When the photo was out, she fanned it a little and soon the image was starting to show. She could see Jimin's smile but on her part, there was barely one. Another sigh.

 

"And now~" Jimin sang before handing Hanna a small paper. 

 

Another note perhaps? She took it and flipped it, seeing another riddle.

 

'What kind of bars can't keep prisoners in jail?'

 

Hanna looked up, showing Jimin her 'what-the-hell-is-this' face. But he just laughed at her.

 

Bars that can't keep prisoners in jail? Is there even such a thing? She thought to herself. With a sigh, she asked Jimin. "Why am I doing this again?"

 

"Beats me." He answered with his unfading smile. "All I know is that I'm helping."

 

Helping me? Helping me with what? "But I don't need help."

 

"Hey I'm just doing what I'm told." He raised his hands as if surrendering.

 

"Jungkook put you up to this?"

 

He shrugged. "Nah."

 

If it's not Jungkook, then who? Hanna was in deep thought when a kid with a chocolate bar in hand passed by them. A chocolate bar? She asked herself. "A chocolate bar!" It came out as a scream. Jimin's eyes widened in Hanna's sudden outburst. Realizing what she did, she raised her hands and covered . And Jimin ended up laughing at her reaction. He pulled something out from his pocket and handed it to Hanna. Another riddle maybe? She groaned inwardly. But she thought wrong. It was an address, again. This time, it was an address of a candy store.

 

-

 

Hanna's not sure why she's going along with all of this. First it was Jin and now Jimin, who's next Taehyung? Why are they even doing this? Can't they see I'm doing just fine all on my own? She thought. But of course, she's wrong and she just didn't want to admit it. She was not fine; she never had been since the accident. Nobody told her it was her fault because it never was but she blamed herself for it and she wished that it were her who died not Junwoo. He had a brighter future, I know he's gonna do better than I ever could. 

 

Drowning in her deep thoughts, she almost passed by the candy store without noticing it. With a sigh, she pushed the door open. I've been sighing awfully a lot today. And the first thing, or rather the first person that caught her attention was this orange haired boy sitting on one corner, his back facing the people. I probably should've expected this. Taking small steps, she approached him and as soon as she was close enough, she spoke. "I should've known."

 

The orange haired boy turned, it was Taehyung. His mouth was filled with so much candy that his cheeks were puffed and on his lap was dozens of different candy wrappers. Hanna would usually laugh at such a sight, but not today, not since the accident; instead she just sat beside him and sighed, again. She didn't know Taehyung managed to do it but the latter was able to swallow all the candies without choking. Wow. She was in awe but spoke nothing.

 

He wiped his lips with the back of his hand. "You seem to be sighing a lot lately."

 

Hanna shot up, surprised with his words. How did he-- 

 

"I don't know, I could just tell." He answered as if he was able to read her mind.

 

Taehyung reached for something in one of the lower shelves, it was a small paper bag. And he handed it to Hanna, which the latter took without much hesitation. She took a peak of what's inside and to her surprise, yet again; it had three bars of her favorite chocolate. It was odd considering that not only was this certain brand of chocolate was not available in Korea but also Junwoo and Jungkook were the only ones who knew about it being her favorite.

 

"I would ask for one but clearly you need it more than I do." Taehyung said. "Oh did you know that chocolates have this chemical and when you eat it, it makes you happy?" He scrunched his nose and scratched the back of his head. "I just don't remember what that chemical is."

 

Somehow after listening to Taehyung's sudden trivia, Hanna found herself opening one of the chocolate bars. She broke it into two. "Here." She said, handing his half to Taehyung.

 

He smiled; there was so much joy in his face that it made Hanna feel light. Then his expression changed. "No. I can't. It's yours." He frowned.

 

Hanna rolled her eyes, seeing that Taehyung really wanted the chocolate. "Oh please." She shoved the chocolate bar into his hands. "I know you want it."

 

With hesitation, he took a bite out of the chocolate and smiled. "Since you gave me chocolate. I'll let you in on a secret." He leaned in towards Hanna and whispered. "But don't tell anyone okay?"

 

She nodded.

 

And Taehyung handed her a piece of paper. Another riddle? Great! Hanna groaned inwardly but to her shock, it wasn't a riddle. It was the address to a fashion boutique. "That's it?" She said with a hint of annoyance. He shook his head and leaned towards her again. "There's three people waiting for you there."

 

Three? "And who might they be?"

 

"You'll know when you get there." He answered, popping another candy into his mouth.

 

Another sigh escaped her lips as she stood from where she sat.

 

"You know you should stop sighing." Taehyung said, making Hanna turn back around. "It's giving off so much negativity." He smiled. So she did the most mature thing she could think of, she let out her tongue like a kid before dashing off with two paper bags in hand. And as she got out of the store, she could hear Taehyung's laugh.

 

She looked at the address once more before continuing to walk.

 

-

 

When Hanna got to the boutique it was almost four in the afternoon already. And guess who were the people waiting for her there. It was Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon. As soon as Hanna opened the door, the three idiots came running to her, with Yoongi and Hoseok pulling her in different directions.

 

"Dress first!" Yoongi yelled.

 

"No! Shoes!" Hoseok screamed back.

 

Namjoon just stood in front of them holding a bouquet of Hanna's favorite flowers. "Guys. I think you should let her go." He said. Yoongi and Hoseok turned to him with their evil glares, making him take a step backward. Nonetheless, they did what the younger asked of them.

 

"Sorry." Yoongi and Hoseok said in unison. They turned towards each other and glared. Hanna could swear she saw sparks when their gazes met.

 

"Anyway. Why am I here?" Hanna asked, as Namjoon handed her the flowers.

 

"For dress! Shoes!" Yoongi and Hoseok said in unison, again.

 

Hanna chuckle, making the other three turn to her direction. "What?"

 

"Nothing." The three idiots answered, making Hanna chuckle again. She chuckled, she did, she actually did. It's been months since even a small laughter came from her, now she chuckled. She didn't know why or how, but she felt lighter. Maybe it's the chocolate. She thought.

 

"How bout we ask Hanna what she want first?" Namjoon suggested and the elders begrudgingly nodded.

 

-

 

The three hours Hanna spent in the boutique, with Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon, were both a pain and joy. Why? For starters, Yoongi and Hoseok kept on screaming at each other, contradicting what the other wants, so maybe it was a good thing that they were the only ones in the boutique. They also kept pulling Hanna, dragging her all around the store. Namjoon tried to play referee but he ended up with a bruise near his left eye and scratch marks on his shoulders. "Someone asks, never tell." Hanna remembered Namjoon reminding her.

 

In the end, it was decided that Hanna would go around the store by herself and pick out a dress and a pair of shoes. And after half an hour, she came back to the idiotic trio with a simple off-white lace dress that reached her knees and red colored flats. They had her try it on and it was perfect. The dress hugged her body in all the right places, showing enough curves but not too much skin. The red flats added more elegance to her already sophisticated look. 

 

The three idiots were in awe when they saw Hanna. It's been months since they last saw her dress up like this. And it made them happy that they were able to hear even a little laughter from her.

 

After the fitting and paying for the ensemble, which didn't happen so smoothly and quickly because Hanna insisted on paying. Namjoon and Yoongi had to hold both her arms as Hoseok dashed to the cashier to pay. It was not an easy task to hold Hanna down; after all she did some martial arts back when she was still a kid. Let's just say that now, not only Namjoon has battle scars.

 

Right after Hoseok paid for everything, Namjoon and Yoongi let Hanna go. But before handing her the paper bag with the clothes and shoes, Yoongi gave her a piece of paper and Hanna reluctantly took it.

 

Another riddle perhaps? And she assumed right.

 

"There is a one story house, the walls are blue, the floor is pink, and the stove and cupboards are red. What is the color of the stairs?" She read out loud. With a huff, she answered the question. "There is no stairs."

 

"Right!" Yoongi cheered.

 

"Really?" An unbelieving Hoseok asked.

 

"It's a one story house idiot!"

 

"Oh yeah."

 

Hanna giggled. How she missed this, Yoongi and Hoseok's banters. She hadn't heard it since she stopped going to the café and meeting up with them. They all turned to her, in shock again. But she just gave them a questioning look. Hoseok handed her the paper bag with clothes while Namjoon handed her another paper. Much to her surprise, it was the address to her house.

 

"That's it?" She asked.

 

The three shook their heads.

 

"There's more?" Hanna's eyes widened. She was tired and a bath was something she wanted right now. She'd been walking around the city, going from place to place, answering riddles. A little rest would be appreciated. She sighed.

 

"Come on. Off you go." Namjoon said, pushing Hanna gently towards the door.

 

"Wait!" She tried to protest but it was no use since she was now out of the boutique and Namjoon locked the door.

 

-

 

As Hanna was walking home, she felt light. A feeling she hadn't experienced in a long time. It was as if all the weight in her shoulders was lifted, all those sadness washed away. For the first time in months, her mind was so preoccupied that she hadn't had a moment to think of something else other than the riddles, the addresses and the surprises. She hadn't had the time to think about her past tragedies, and it was a good thing. Because at least for a day, she managed to smile.

 

When she got home, there was a note taped to the door. She pulled it off.

 

"I never was, am always meant to be,

No one ever saw nor ever will

And yet I am the confidence of all

To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball." - Tomorrow

 

She flipped the paper and found another message.

 

"Pick you up at 8pm. Wear the dress and shoes." - J

 

J? Jungkook? Hanna opened the door and saw the time at her wall clock; it was just half past six in the evening. I still have an hour and a half to prepare but for what? She settled the paper bags on the couch in the living room before walking to her and into the bathroom for that long awaited hot shower.

 

-

 

Hanna was starting to feel anxious, she had been pacing back and forth in the living room since the clock struck eight o'clock less than two minutes ago. Those two minutes felt like forever as she waited a knock on her front door. Who's J? She wasn't sure who or what to expect but she sure was hoping that Jungkook would be the one who'd be knocking on her door any moment now.

 

Finally, there was the knock she had been waiting for. She almost tripped, almost running to answer the door but to her dismay, it was Jin. He was wearing a plain white polo shirt denim, pants and sneakers. Wait! J?! JIN?! She was speechless, not sure what to make out of the situation she's in. It was disappointing because she was obviously expecting someone else, but who was she to complain? Of course it's not Jungkook! Everyone had the time today to meet me but not him. 

 

"You're disappointed." Jin said, making Hanna shot up and shook her head. He chuckled. "Don't worry. I'm just here to accompany you going there."

 

There? "Where?" She asked but a smile was his only answer.

 

"Come on." He said, holding his hand out.

 

There was a feeling of uncertainty, which Hanna was trying to ignore. It was there since this morning. She really wasn't one to be into those things, like running around following clues and answering riddles. But today, she did and it made her feel warm, a warmth she almost forgot. And now, Jin was asking for her hand and just like this morning, she trusted him. She took his hand and he closed the door behind her.

 

"Onward!" He cheered, making Hanna giggle at his childishness.

 

-

 

They walked a few blocks. The buildings, the houses and even the street lamps; everything was familiar. This was the route to Junwoo's school. Hanna tensed as they got closer and closer to the school. She hadn't taken this route since the accident. The accident. This was the first time in the whole day that it crossed her mind.

 

Hanna avoided walking along this route because this was the way she and Junwoo used to take back when she used to pick him up from school or from the café. She hated this because to her, it felt like she was just going to the café to pick up Junwoo. But it wasn't it, he wasn't there and he'll never be there ever again.

 

They were one block away from the café when Hanna stopped walking. "I-I can't do this." She managed to choke out while trying to hold back the tears.

 

Jin held her hand. "We're close. Don't worry." He smiled at her again. "Trust me." And for the third time that day, she did. She heaved a deep sigh before taking a step forward, following where Jin was taking her.

 

-

 

They stopped in front of the school. All the lights were off both in the school and in the café. Looking at the school, Hanna felt longing. It reminded her of the times she picks up Junwoo. And since it was only she and him, she had to work harder to provide for her litter brother, that's why she always end up picking him up late. But he didn't mind because Jungkook and the others were there to keep him company while he waits for her. She missed him. Her life felt empty without her baby brother making everything feel better. The sudden rush of memories was painful. She was starting to lose it again; she's starting to immerse herself again in the thought that she lost her only family left, Junwoo.

 

Hanna felt some tug her arm, pulling her from the deep thoughts she's starting to settle in. She turned to see Jin, standing beside her. I almost forgot about him.  "Not here." He said.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Come on." He pulled her gently, walking towards the café.

 

"But the lights are off."

 

Jin pushed the door open and suddenly there was a blinding light. Hanna could see anything or anyone. She felt Jin letting her go. It took her eyes a couple more seconds to adjust. And what she saw made her heart skip a beat.

 

Everyone was a there. Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon. Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook. Jungkook was in the middle of his hyungs and every one of them was holding a placard.

 

Jin's says 'We miss you.'

Yoongi's says 'Smile'

Hoseok's says 'We care'

Jungkook's says 'I love you'

Namjoon's says 'Talk to us'

Jimin's says 'Come back'

Taehyung's says 'Eat on time'

 

Each of them, with a smile on their face; Hanna was at lost on how to feel. A tear fell, sliding down her cheek. Either a tear of joy or what, she's not really sure yet.

 

"It was Jungkook's idea." Jin said, still smiling.

 

"Actually it's V-hyung's idea." Jungkook confessed, embarrassment eminent on his face.

 

"No. It was all Jungkook. I just helped." Taehyung beamed. "It was an attempt to cheer you up."

 

But right now, Hanna couldn't careless. They did that, for me? She couldn't hold back the tears anymore. She raised her hands to her face, covering it. And then she heard the placard fell and footsteps rushing to her.

 

"Hey. Don't cry." Jungkook cooed.

 

"It's all Jungkook's fault!" Jimin cried.

 

"Hey!"

 

"No. It's just that--" She sniffled. "You all did that for me. Even though I stopped going here and was pain in the ."

 

"You were never a pain." Jin said. "You were just going through a rough patch."

 

Namjoon snickered. "Wow hyung you made it sound like she was a teenager on a rebellious stage."

 

"Shut up." Yoongi reprimanded him. "Now Hanna, of course we'll do that for you."

 

"Yeah~" Jimin sang.

 

"We love you." She heard Hoseok say. "Yeah we love you like family."

 

"Family?" Hanna whispered.

 

"Ever since you started hanging out with us, you became part of our weird family." Jin smiled.

 

"We love you like family alright but everyone knows Jungkook loves you more than that." Taehyung teased, making everyone except Hanna and Jungkook crack into laughter, with the two blushing hard.

 

"Come now family group hug!" Namjoon beamed.

 

In the laughter and with the people around her, Hanna felt warmth, the kind of warmth she felt whenever she had Junwoo beside her. She felt safe and comfortable, she felt loved. Family huh? She looked the people around her, a loving older brother figure Jin, the three idiots Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon, baby face Jimin, and a 4D alien Taehyung. They might be idiots at times, but they're her family now. 

 

Jungkook? She loved him like he loved her. She wouldn't even deny it. They all knew it and now that she's on her way on getting better, they just might make it work.

 




(06/13/14)

It's finally up! /cries/ OTL Sorry for the long wait. I hope you guy liked it!

Oh! It's Bangtan's 1st birthday today! Lol. It's been a year since they debuted in M! Countdown. Have you guys watched the new video they posted? I srsly cried laughing. They're so cute and hyper. If you still haven't watched it then gooo~!

And another oh! I made a tumblr... /finally/ Follow me? I'll also be posting my drabbles there. :) Click here for my tumblr.

Anw, segway.... :D SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! - RiksiRixa