Kai - Safe and Sound

A Series of EXO, BTS & GOT7 Drabbles

A/N: A request from an anon in tumblr.



 

Being with people wasn't really your thing. You prefer to be alone than with people or sometimes, with the company of your two best friends, Sooyoung and Miyoung. Other people often wondered how you ended up friends with them because you weren't like them at all. Sooyoung was one of the top students, with a GPA a little too high for you. While Miyoung was the student council president. Both of them were active in extra-curricular activities while you prefer to skip them. You were timid while your best friends weren't. But despite of the difference you have, they accepted you as you are and treated you like a sister.

 

---

 

It was Friday and everyone was a little too excited. And they had every reason to be because from what you heard, someone's throwing a party later tonight. Of course everyone plans to go, everyone but you.

 

Someone kicked your chair from behind. Miyoung. With a sigh, you turned around and saw Miyoung, her chin resting on both of her hands and with a huge smile plastered on her face. "What?" You asked blankly.

 

"So I was wondering~" Miyoung sang. "Are you going to the party?" Her smile unfaltering and her eyes almost twinkling.

 

Of course she'll ask me. You rolled your eyes inwardly. "No."

 

Miyoung's eyes widened, the corner of her lips curved down forming a small frown. "Why?"

 

"You know I don't like parties."

 

"What? Everyone likes parties."

 

"Not everyone." Cue another eye roll.

 

"Don't be such a party pooper!" Miyoung pouted. "Sooyoung said she could drive us there and that we could sleepover at her place. Her parents left this morning for some sort of convention and they won't be back till Monday." She put her hands together." Please~? I swear it's gonna be fun."

 

You sighed in defeat, knowing that even if you say no now, Miyoung would just bug you until you say yes. "Fine." 

 

"Yay!" Miyoung beamed a little too loud, receiving unnecessary attention from the class and the teacher.

 

Mr. Shin cleared his throat, looking at both you and Miyoung. "Is there something you'd like to share about Romeo and Juliet, Ms. Miyoung?" He asked with one end of his unibrow raised.

 

Fully knowing Miyoung, you knew she always have an answer. "I just think Leonardo Di Caprio's hot." She smiled as you tried your best not to crack into a fit of laughter. With a roll of his eyes, Mr. Shin turned back to the white board as you did the same.

 

"Oh! And I'm pretty sure Kai's gonna be there." You heard Miyoung whisper from behind you. Heat crept to your cheeks, giving them a tint of pink. You bit your bottom lip, trying your hardest not to smile. Tonight just might be fun.

 

---

 

Kim Jongin, or Kai as how people like to call him, the school's resident bad boy. He's not just the typical bad boy who's hell bent into breaking every single rule in the book, he's also part of the local gang called EXO. And yes, he was your boyfriend but of course not many people knew. How did he become part if such a group? You weren't really so sure yourself, al you knew was that he was recruited, along with another one of your classmates Oh Sehun, right before you started dating.

 

---

 

"Yah!" Miyoung pounded on the bathroom door. "We're leaving in like a minute! Hurry up!"

 

"Be right there!" You hollered before turning back to the mirror. A plain white tee and denim shorts, no make up, okay maybe just lipstick but that's it. You had your hair up in a messy looking bun. And with a small sigh, you turned you back to the mirror and opened the door.

 

---

 

You just got down the day and you could already feel the bass booming and the music blaring. You pulled your shorts down as you felt a cold gust of wind grazing you legs, instantly regretting not wearing pants tonight. Miyoung and Sooyoung took each of your arms, almost dragging you into the house.

 

People came, greeting both of your best friends with smiles and hugs. Sometimes you thought that you don't belong with them but they never made you feel like that. You were in the middle of what seemed to be the living room, which was now filled with teenagers with beer bottles in hand. You felt something cold touch you tummy, and saw that Miyoung was shoving a beer bottle to you.

 

"Here!" Miyoung hollered over the loud EDM music.

 

You took it, without any intention of drinking it. And then you felt someone grab you free arm, pulling you through the sea of people. You didn't even bothered to struggle, recognizing who it was. Jongin. 

 

You ended up in a room, with Jongin pushing you against the door. His lips were on yours and you could swear you could taste the alcohol in his mouth but you couldn't careless. The only thing that mattered at that moment was that, you were with Jongin and he was with you.

 

"Hello to you too." You smiled in his kisses.

 

He pulled away, his lips. He was wearing this sleeveless plaid shirt, showing well-toned arms, and dark jeans. "Hi." He smiled.

 

You hadn't been talking much since you had to kept your relationship a secret, meaning you weren't allowed to interact much in school. And oh how you missed his voice. "I missed you." You cooed, running your hand in his already disheveled hair.

 

He leaned in, placing a quick kiss on your lips. "I." Another kiss. "Missed." And another one. "You." And another. "More." You giggled, biting your lower lip. You missed this, being this close to him. Being the girlfriend of someone in a gang wasn't really easy. As you can't be seen around him too much or else it would end in a complete and utter disaster, that's why you cherish times like this, being close to him, and feeling like nothing else in the world mattered.

 

Jongin brushed his thumb on your lower lip, biting his own while doing so. "God, I could just kiss you all night." He whispered seductively in your ears. A soft smile appeared on you face as he placed his arms around your waist, pulling your bodies closer to one another. He rested his forehead on yours and sighed. "I wish we could stay in here forever."

 

You nodded. And then you suddenly felt yourself being lifted up. He swooped you up, carrying you bridal style and settling you in his strong arms. He threw you gently to bed, making you giggle as you bounced up and down on the soft bed. And somewhere in the bouncing and giggling, you found yourself locked in Jongin's cage, his arms right beside your shoulders as he was preventing himself to fall flat on you and his knee in the middle of your thigh parting them.

 

The curtain and light from the balcony hid his face in this y silhouette. You placed your hands around his neck, ruffling his hair. He chuckled, feeling a little ticklish. He stared into your eyes as you did with his, blinking every so often. The loud music and the booming bass were soon locked out of the room, making you feel or hear nothing. It was as if you had the house to yourselves. You stuck your tongue out pulling his face closer and closer to yours. You pulled your tongue in just as his soft lips touched yours. The kiss was slow and very intimate. You opened your mouth slightly gasping for air and he took that opportunity to slid his tongue into your mouth, massaging your tongue with his.

 

You felt a hand on you back, pushing you off the bed and you found yourself comfortably sitting on Jongin's lap. Your arms were around hid neck while his were holding your waist. He pulled away, panting, and you could feel his hot breath as he leaned his forehead on yours.

 

There was suddenly the loud music entering the room and from your peripheral vision, you saw that the door was open. You turned to see Sooyoung and Suho, a member of Jongin's gang, holding hands with Suho's other hand on the doorknob.

 

"What are you doing?" Suho eyed Jongin.

 

"What are you doing here?" Jongin smirked, raising an eyebrow at his hyung.

 

"Didn't know this room was taken. Anyway have fun." Suho winked before closing the door and with Sooyung in tow.

 

A chuckle came from Jongin, confusing you a little. "Why?"

 

Jongin shrugged. "Nothing."

 

"No seriously why?" You crossed your arms in front of you, pouting.

 

He scrunched his nose and sighing. He looked straight into your eyes while your cheek. "You know I wouldn't do anything that would make you hate me right?" You nodded. "I know you're not ready. And to be very honest, I'm not ready as well." He paused probably reading the confusion on your face. It took you a few more seconds to get what he was talking about. You blushed as your eyes widened while he chuckled seeing that you finally understood him. "God you're beautiful." He sighed. "I love you."

 

You took his hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. And your free hand held his cheek, pulling him closer for another kiss.

 

---

 

That was the best Friday night of your life. But no, nothing happened because just as Jongin said, both of you weren't ready. And it was okay, since wasn't really what got you into a relationship with him. You spent the night in his arms, standing on the balcony of that room, watching your peers party their life away.

 

It's been a few days since the party and nothing changed. Jongin and you weren't still talking much at school but it was okay. You understood that. But everyday, the one thing you were looking forward to, was walking home. A few away blocks from the school was a playground and it wasn't really used much by kids these days. There you would wait for Jongin, as he would always walk you home. It's been like this since you started dating and today was no exception.

 

When you got to the park, it was deserted, as always. The skies were a bright but it wasn't hot. Looking at your watch, you saw that Jongin would be here in any minute. You took a seat on one of the swings.

 

You peered at your watch and sighed. Jongin was late and he's been making you wait for him for almost half and hour now. You didn't mind waiting as you just wanted to spend some time with him but him being late for half an hour without any text, call or anything. It made you worry. You clasped your hands together, praying to God that nothing bad happened to him.

 

"Now what do we have here?" You heard a deep voice from behind. Turning around you members of Jongin's rival gang. There were about six of them. And they looked like they had no good intentions at all. You recognized them from the files Jongin had in his room this one time he had you over.

 

By instinct, you stood up quickly and grabbed your phone, dialing Jongin's number in the process. Pick up. You prayed in you head. "I was just leaving." You said, trying to walk past them but one man grabbed your arm, yanking you back. "Hey there missy." We're not through with you just yet." You could hear the smirk in his menacing voice. Your heartbeat rose when the man's grip on your arm tightened as he spun around so that you were now facing him. Seeing his face, you recognized him as the leader Yongguk.

 

"Please, I need to go." You managed to choke out.

 

"Come on. Stay and play with us." Yongguk said, his gaze going up and down your body. It was as if he was stripping you with his eyes and just by that thought, you felt like you were going to cry. But you had to stay strong; you had to get yourself out of this situation before things go completely awry.

 

"Please sir." You pleaded, trying to pull your hand from his tight grip but he was simply too strong.

 

Yongguk smirked and you instantly knew something bad was going through his mind. "Oh I like that. Sir." He pulled your arm up, lifting you a bit from the ground. "I had no idea you could be so ."

 

Your eyes widened as you realized how he misinterpreted what you said. "No! That's not what I meant." You said, shaking your head.

 

"Oh please!" One of the members interjected. "Don't deny it!" You turned to see who said that and saw it was Himchan, Yongguk's righthand man.

 

"Hyung enough talking and let's start playing." Another of one of the members hollered. Your eyes widened, not sure of what to think of what he said. And then you felt Yongguk jerking you forward, making you drop your phone. You tried to crouch down to pick it up but someone kicked it away from you. Looking up, you saw it was the same man you spoke last. He towered over you, taking your free arm. Seeing his height, you concluded his was the youngest, Zelo. You remembered him from that group photo in the files you saw.

 

You tried fighting them, pulling your arms from their grips but they were too strong for you. They pushed you into the walled corner of the playground, hitting your shoulder in the process. You saw arms and saw hand marks from Yongguk and Zelo's grip.

 

They were cornering you, with their heights and bodies; they covered you from the world. "Please I just want to go home." You cried, trying to hold back the tears.

 

Yongguk stepped forward and stood in front of you. He your cheek and you froze in fear.  "But we still haven't played yet. C'mon, I'll show you the time of your life." He smirked and held your chin, leaning closer to you.

 

You shut your eyes closed, not wanting to see his face so close to yours. Knowing his lips was so close to touching yours but it never did.

 

Opening your eyes, you saw the one person you wanted to see, Jongin. He was standing in the middle of them, his eyes glaring at each of them. You don't know what to think but you felt relieved that he was finally here. He's here to keep you away from harm. You burst into tears, covering your face with your hands and slid down in that corner, sitting on your heels.

 

---

 

Jongin eye's widened as he saw you crying. He hated it, seeing you crying like that. He felt completely useless, not being able to keep away from these idiots. He glared at each and every one of them. This means war! He thought as he pulled his arm back and throwing a punch at Zelo. "You came to the wrong turf!" Zelo fell to the ground and he was about to stand up and fight back but Himchan stood in front of him, preventing him from doing so.

 

"Hyung!" Zelo roared but Himchan stood there, unmoving. His hyung turned around, offering his hand which Zelo took as he stood up. And that's when he noticed. EXO was there, all twelve of them. "Not today." Himchan murmured.

 

Zelo huffed. "Whatever." He approached the leader helping the latter onto his feet.

 

Yongguk turned around, seeing all twelve members of EXO. He smirked. "Now what do we have here?"

 

Kris, EXO's leader stepped forward. "You're at the wrong turf." He stood tall against his rival but Yongguk wasn't intimated by Kris' statuesque, not even a bit; instead he stepped forward, closing in on Kris. "Do I look like I care?"

 

From Kris' left, Suho stepped forward. "I suggest you leave before you start a war." Suho said eerily calm.

 

Himchan patted Yongguk's shoulder and whispered something. The leader growled. "I guess we won't be fighting today." He said before turning his back to EXO and walking away, s soon followed his suit.

 

Jongin quickly ran to you, he knelt in front of you and tried to take your hand.

 

---

 

You felt someone trying to take hold of your hand, making you flinch. "No please no." You cried. "I just want to go home."

 

"It's me." A familiar voice said. You removed your hand from your face and saw Jongin kneeling in front of you, his eyes looked worried. Seeing him, you immediately wrapped your arms around him, pulling him for a hug. You continued to sob as you felt him rubbing comforting circles on your back. "Don't worry. You're safe now." He mumbled. "I won't let anything happen to you."

 

Someone cleared his throat but you didn't bother talking at look as to who it was. "Jongin, the car's here."

 

You felt a strong pair of arms, lifting you from the ground. Looking up, you saw Jongin was carrying to a car. Someone opened the door and he got in with you still in his arms. He let you settle on his lap, not removing his arms around you. And it made you feel safe. You rested your head on the crook of his neck. You let out a sigh as you stopped crying. "I'm sorry." You heard him mumble. "I love you and swear to God, I'll do everything I can to keep you safe."

 

"It's okay." You answered as you took his hands, intertwining his fingers with yours.

 

"From now on, I'll always be there. You won't have to wait for me in that playground anymore. I'll be right outside the door of your classroom waiting for you as soon as classes finish. I promise, I'll keep you safe."

 

You held his cheek, drawing him in and planting a quick soft kiss on his lips. "I love you too."

 

In his arms, you felt safe. With his words, you know he'll never let anything bad happen to you ever again. You sat there on his lap, feeling the comfort in his arms.

 




(07.01.14)

This is my first ever gang drabble. It really took me a hard time to write this cause I tried to add but idk I'm not sure if I pulled it off or what. So anw follow me on tumblr, of you will. [click here]

I'm so sorry if I made BAP look bad but I thought they were badass enough to be EXO's rival gang. And yes, I thought of BTS but I think BTS VS EXO is like puppies VS wolves. I can't do that.

SUBSCRIBE. REQUEST. COMMENT. UPVOTE. Thank you! :) - RiksiRixa