Homecoming Part 2

Waiting for Hope (Wedding Dress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 24, 2012: A Day Before Homecoming

Jinwoon's POV

Homecoming? Not for me. Maybe if I was going with someone I would try. But then again who would I go with? Ah let's not think about it...well, I do kind of like someone. The thing is, do I really like her or am I using her to get over my first love? We talked last night and I was sure there was something there, something more than a simple distraction.

-Last Night-

Jiyeon and I wanted to video chat each other for our English project. We talked for hours until 4 in the morning. Crazy huh? Usually I would run out of things to say in an hour but with her, talking was easy and even fun. Towards the end of our call, we even got personal. I told her how I felt about life and how everything is messed up. Told her about about what and even who I hate. Told her about how much my life has changed through the years. She then told me about her family problems and how there's still a little vulnerable girl behind her threatening appearance. She told me of her reputation at her old school, of how she was the school and how lonely she felt. That night I earned something special, the trust of someone I care about. People don't necessarily trust me in our group, they think I am huge blabber mouth and spill everyone's secrets. But Jiyeon trusted me. And that's all I can ask for. She spoke openly knowing that she gave me the power to backstab her, she never hesitated to share her feelings. Recently, I haven't been talking to any of my friends, especially the way I did last night. It felt great being able to talk to someone like that again. Just as we were about to end our call, Jiyeon brought up homecoming..

"So Jinwoon, who are you going with to homecoming?" Her voice was shaky when she asked, her nervousness is so cute.

"I don't think I am going to go this year." My voice was soft as I waited for a response.

"WHAT? Why not?" I knew she would yell haha.

"Well...I don't have a date." It was the truth.

"What is wrong with you guys?? Just because you don't have a date doesn't mean you shouldn't go. Who knows, you might find someone there at the dance who also doesn't have a date and pair up." She really got into this topic. I'm not surprised, she seems like the type to enjoy dances.

"Pair up? Haha. How about...no" I started to . She got angry eventually. Wow she really cares about these dances. I don't understand what is so special about them anyways. "Okay fine...i'll go to the dance this year." I don't know why I said that but I did. What the heck? Why did I agree to go? I still don't have a date.

"Yay!" She was suprisingly happy, I guess she really wanted me to go. Then I said something that I never expected to say.

"I'll go if...you go with me as my date.." There was a long silence. Why is she taking so long to reply? Ahh so awkward.

"..deh.." That was all I heard before we hung up. For some odd reason I could help myself from smiling. My heart was beating extremely fast. What is going on? I have never felt this before...I felt as if I had no control over my emotions. I mean I never felt ths way with Junhee. It was always care and kindness, but with Jiyeon I was able to joke around and she made me feel...alive again. No...no...I can not be have these conflictions. That night I sat at my desk wondering, What is the true definition of love?

Taecyeon's POV

Sigh, I guess another night at home. Why is everyone so hype about homecoming? It's just a dance. Truthfully, I really wanted to go this year. I thought maybe it would be fun to hang with my friends and enjoy some dancing. But what's the point if you don't get to share that night with someone you want to be with? The point is, I don't feel like going because the person I want to go with doesn't want to go with me. She technically didn't say 'no' but the way she reacted to my question says it all. Suzy is the rudest thing on earth, I swear. Even though she failed to listen to me and had the audacity to shoo me away at the library, I still forgive her. Someone like her deserves someone more better-looking and cooler than me...feelings ...After that incident, I never tried asking her again, I figured she would say no anyways. 

"Yah, You going to the dance tomorrow?" Myungsoo and I were in band class. The teacher was in her office so Myungsoo decided to sit near me.

"Ani. You?" When he nodded his head I was stunned. This is going to be his first time going to a dance. "What? Seriously? Why, do you have a date?" If he says yes, I am going to applaud him.

"Ani." Looks like no clapping today hehe. "I'm just going for the heck of it. You should go too. I'm going with Hoya and Dongwoo. We'll have fun as singles..yeah?" Myungsoo raised his hand for a high-five but instead I rejected the offer.

"It's okay, I'd rather not." I probably sound like a total downer, but what can I say? I didn't want to go. "Have fun tonght. Aye...did you hear?" It probably wasn't the right time to announce this but he should know so he won't be surprised tomorrow. "Jinwoon is going with Jiyeon." Myungsoo's smile went back to its original frown. He looked lost for words.

"....And?" He walked back to his chair. He acted as if he didn't care, that it didn't affect him at all. But he and I both know that isn't the truth. I watched him as he just sat there at his seat, lifeless. I could tell that he was in deep thought. He has been like that ever since he confessed about liking Jiyeon. Is really is growing up.

*Homecoming Day*

Jiyeon's POV 

"Oh my gosh Suzy, hurry up! Get out of the bathroom, I need to get ready too!" I was at Suzy's house getting ready for tonght. Ugh she is so slow, she's been in there for about an hour already.

"Alright Alright. Calm down, I am done...How do I look?" She came out of the bathroom and she looked amazing. I was a little jealous.

 

"Suzy-ah...You are sooooo pretty!!!" I meant it, she was a natural beauty.

"Are you sure? Is it not too formal? It almost looks like I am going to get married..." She did look a little too formal but it was still beautiful. 

"Aniya. It looks great. Even if you look like you are going to get married, you are going to make a beautiful bride one day." Sometimes I think why doesn't Suzy have a date. Yeah she might be childish and youthful but still, like Taec, I think she could win any man's heart. "Okay now move so I can get ready and we can leave!" I rushed into the bathroom to get ready.

We arrived at the school. It was so crowded. Many students came this year. Suzy and I went to the tables where our friends said we would meet up. Now it's time to wait.

First who came was Hoya. He looked very stunning in his suit.

Next was Woohyun.

Followed by his date...the pretty Hyomin

About 5 minutes l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter