Switch Part 1

Waiting for Hope (Wedding Dress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 1, 2013

Jiyeon's POV

...I have nothing to say...I don't think I have ever been so bored in my life. Everything seems to be very slow this week. Ugh. Well Jinwoon finally comes back to school. But he still seems pretty distant. I am conflicted of whether I should approach him or just let him be. I was staring out the door in P.E. when I started to daydream.

"Jiyeon-ah.." I snapped back to reality when I heard someone call me. I was surprised when I noticed it was Jinwoon. He hasn't spoken to me in like forever.

"Oh Jinwoon-shi...How are you?" I felt awkward as if this was the first time we have ever spoken to each other.

"Hey no need for the informality, we're friends...well I hope more than that. Which is why I came here to talk. Our first date was a bust...for reasons I hope to explain to you later." His tone changed when he started to talk about the first date, he sounded choked up.

"Jinwoon, don't worry about it." I gave him a reassuring smile. Honestly, I don't care about him not showing up. He probably had a very reasonable explaination. "Is that all you came to say?"

He took in a deep breath, "Ani, I want to have a redo. Tonight, you and me, no one else." It wasn't even a question because after he said it, I had no say since he walked away. Wow this kid. What just happened? A while ago, Jinwoon was all sad and now he just asked me out on a date. Usually I would feel happy and excited but I have this weird feeling. This isn't the same Jinwoon that made me feel calm and safe. This Jinwoon scared me a little. I decided I should just go. Jinwoon looks like he could really use a friend right now.

Jinwoon's POV

I need my mind off many things right now. I need a distraction...Jiyeon. It's wrong I know, but we're kind of dating so it not as bad as it sounds. I just need someone to help me forget everything. We were in P.E. when I went up to her seat and told her about our date tonight. I made it so that it wasn't a question but rather a statement. She looked frightened by my appearance. Truthfully, it did hurt me a little. She looked at me as if I were a monster. Its not her fault but it isn't mine either. As I walked away, I felt anger rush through my veins. Ever since I came back people have looked at me differently. I know partly it's my distance that has caused it but they don't know me. They should just mind their own business. But Jiyeon didn't give me a weird look, she gave me pity. If there's anything I the most in this world, it is when my people pity me. It makes me feel inferior to no end. They have no right to feel like they are better than me, especially a useless girl like Jiyeon...

Taecyeon's POV

Oh man, I am so excited! Today my teacher assigned a project in my history class. She decided to make it fun so it is going to be a music project. Yes I finally get to bring my guitar and show some of my skills haha. Maybe I might even impress Suzy...

"Okay class I will now tell you your partners." Aw man, I thought we were able to pick our own partners. Sad. "Here, I am listing them on the board." Once she moved out of the way, everyone rushed to the front of the class.

Partners

- Hyomin and Wooyoung

- Taeyang and Hoya

- Seungri and IU

- Taec and Yoona

- Eunjung and Qri

- Jinwoon and Suzy

...

I stopped looking after I saw who I was partnered with. Yoona? She seems nice. Too bad it wasn't Suzy.

"Hey partner!" Someone scared me from behind, I nearly jumped. 

"Oh Yoona. Hey I guess we're partners." I studied her a bit. She was very attractive to be honest. I never really quite noticed her since she sat in the far back.

"Wae? Not the partner you hoped for?" She started to look down and stared at her feet. She was right but I am not that sad because I got paired up with a nice looking girl.

"Ani." She looked up and smiled. It was nice. "By the way, I am Taec." I held out my hand for her to shake.

She gladly took it, "I know, I have seen you around school."

"Oh jinja?" Wow people actually know me. Pretty ones too.

"Yeah, actually some of my friends have a crush on you." WHAT?!?!

"Are you serious?" I couldn't stop from smiling. This is so unreal right now.

"Of course! Why? Is it hard for someone to like you?" 

"How about you? You have a crush on me?" Yoona looked away but I could tell she was blushing. 

"Wow get over yourself!" She smacked me with her notebook.

"Hahaahaha" We continued to laugh and started to get off topic.

Suzy's POV

"Hahaahaha" I herad obnoxious laughter coming from behind me. I turned around and saw Taec and Yoona, the two partners, conversing and having a good time. A strange feeling arose. My body started to feel all hot and angry at the sight of them. ...Jealousy?... NO! Suzy you cannot let jealousy take over. Ah! She isn't his type anyways. At least I think she isn't...Ugh what is Taec's type? Not that I would want to be it. I had to turn away. Seeing them made it worse.

"So I guess we are partners.." Jinwoon was to the right of me looking at the board.

I looked at him and smiled, "I guess so." He shifted his body in my direction. "Want to meet tonight?"

He had to think first, "I forgot I had made plans with Jiyeon...but I just put it aside." Jinwoon looked frustrated when he mentioned her name.

"Oh if you had plans, we can just work on it tomorrow or something." When I finished, he quickly replied.

"Ani!" I was startled by his quick response, "Mianhe...but I don't feel like seeing her tonight." Did something happen between them? I didn't ask becuase it was none of my business.

"Arasso. Do you want to meet at my place or yours?" Knowing that I wasn't that far from Taec, I purposely asked this question loud enough for him to hear. It was a success because I noticed he turned his head when I asked. Oh god, now it's me trying to get him jealous... 

"Oh well anywhere sounds good." 

"How about mine? I don't think my parents will let me go to a guy's house alone on a school night." That and that his house was far too. I didn't feel like going all the way over there.

"Sounds good. After school?"

"Deh." 

-After School-

Myungsoo's POV

Ahh after a long day, it sure is nice to just come home and rest. As I walked through the front door, I was attacked by a little monster. 

"Hyung!!!" 

"Yah! Haha Get off" It was my little brother. Once he let go off me, I gave him a hug. "Hey how was your day?" I love my little brother. Wierd right? Wow Myungsoo actually loves something, huh? Haha well yeah I am well capable of having feelings, thank you very much.

"It was good! Mrs. Im thinks I should start reading more advanced books." Mason was in first grade. I'll admit he is a smart kid for his age.

"Waaaaa! Jinja! We should celebrate." When he heard that, his face lit up.

"Really?" He was so excited, there was no turning back now.

"Mmm my gift to you. How does that sound?" Mason started screaming and jumping really loud, I think the neighbors could hear us. 

"YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!" I grabbed him and covered his mouth.

"Yah, shhhh be quiet, you're going to start an earthquake haha." I released him when he calmed down. "Ah good job. So where do you want to go?" Mason scratched his head while searching for an answer.

"Carnival." There was a special carnival this month in our town. It was a Valentines themed one. I mean it is supposed to be for couples but I guess any carnival is just a carnival. "I want to ride the ferris wheel!" ....Damn it. On second thought, let's not go. Look, I am not a weenie, okay? But everyone has their own fears and mine happens to be heights. Especially rides. I shiver at the thought of it.

"Oh why don't we just go out to eat or something? An arcade?" He wasn't fond of the idea.

"Hyung! You said I could pick!" He was using a whiny tone. Alright, Myungsoo you are just going to have to man up today.

"Okay then. C'mon let's go." I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door with the little monster following right behind.

Jiyeon's POV

Hmm I haven't seen Jinwoon all day since first period. I wonder if our date is still on. Knowi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter