Surprise

Waiting for Hope (Wedding Dress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 9, 2013

Myungsoo's POV

Hey guess what???....IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! WOOO!!! Haha. Finally 18. Hmmm what should I do today? Damn school on my birthday. They should make my birthday a holiday because I am that awesome. Oh well, I guess. No but seriously though, what should I do? Alright let's start of with who I want to hang out with. 

Myungsoo's "Friends" List

Hoya (too jocky)

Woohyun (he's aight, just wouldn't want him)

IU (eh...girl)

Taeyang (too annoying)

Hyomin (...another girl)

Dongwoo (just don't want him haha)

Jinwoon (because he can't)

Jiyeon (Ha, you're funny...-.-)

Suzy (I don't know I just like crossing off names.)

Taec (Just because he's Taec lol)

Damn it. I crossed everyone off my ing list...God, I really need new friends. I looked over the list again. Hmm, maybe Suzy and Taec can come. I crossed them out for no reason. Alright so people are checked. Now for the place to go...

Place Ideas

Movies (Nah too cliche)

Mall (No, too boring)

Bowling (Nope, we go there all the time)

Eat out (I aint paying for them...)

Hang at my house (eh, that would mean I would have to clean)

ing man. There's nothing to do. This day is going downhill pretty fast. Ughhh this is supposed to be a good birthday now that I am turning 18 but there's so little I can actually do...-.- I hate my life. You know what? Whatever, we'll just see how the day goes.

"Yah! So you doing anything today?" It was lunch time and Taec sat next to me. 

"Molla. But whatever it is, you're coming." I grabbed food from his plate.

"Aye that's mine!" He slapped my hands away from his food.

"...but...it's my birthday..." I gave Taec the sad puppy face. He looked angry at first then annoyed.

"Aish! Arasso." He pushed his plate towards me. Hahaha it worked. I started laughing and enjoyed the food. "You're so annoying by the way."

"I know. So hey I was thinking that maybe you, me, and Suzy could hang out after school." I was eating some of Taec's chips.

"Jinja?!" Whoa, why is he so excited?

"Deh. Wae? Is there a problem?"

"Ani. No problem at all." Taec just kept smiling to himself. Geez. "So where are we going?"

"That's the thing, I don't know yet." The only thing I know is that I don't feel like spending money today.

"Woooow okay...hmm. How about a movie night?" Movie night? At someone's house? That doesn't sound that bad. Yes Taec, I applaud you. But whose house are we going too? I for sure know it can't be mine, my parents wouldn't allow me.

"Okay but where?" I decided to redirect the question to Taec.

"Well obviously not mine, my TV is crap. Um Suzy's? I could ask her." Hmm thank you Taec for coming up with the plan for today haha. So now people and location are checked. Might not be a bad day after all.

Taecyeon's POV

Yesss, I am psyched for tonight! Suzy and me...oh yeah and of course Myungsoo too...Ahhh thank you Myungsoo! So I guess I have to ask Suzy if it's okay to hang out at her place. I left Myungsoo to go to the library. When I walked in I saw Suzy sitting with Jiyeon, both were working on homework.

"Hi Suzy." I was a little shy to say something when I came up to their table. Thankfully, Suzy didn't notice and gave me an angelic smile.

"Wow...and no hi for me?" Jiyeon answered first sarcastically. 

"Ha! He's talking to me." Suzy stuck her tounge out at Jiyeon which was adorable. Jiyeon responded with a shove. To break the tension I said hi to both.

"Hello, Jiyeon." Hearing this, Suzy gave a pout. Haha such a child. "Well anyways, Suzy are you busy after school?" She looked startled by my question. Oh god, she doesn't think I am asking her out right? To make sure of it, I explained a bit more. "...because it's Myungsoo's birthday and we wondered if you could hang out." Her shocked expression faded. 

"Deh, sounds fun." Suzy went back to working on her English homework.

"Wait a minute it's Myungsoo's birthday?" Jiyeon budged into the conversation.

"Yeah it is." After answering Jiyeon's question, I turned back to Suzy. "The thing is, we want to have a movie night."

"Okay..."

"...at your place." I sort of whispered it.

"What? Wae?" Oh good at least she didn't yell.

"Well, there's nowhere to have it." I tried begging her into letting us.

"Why not my place?" The sound came from my left ear. I slightly turned my head. Jiyeon was waving at me. "My mom isn't working til late night and I am sure she doesn't mind company." Wow this is even better. Now that Jiyeon would be there, maybe she could distract Myungsoo haha, while I am with Suzy. Yess, good idea.

"Araso!" I ran around the table and gave Jiyeon a big hug. She was being suffocated by my tight squeeze.

"Yah let go. Apa!" To stop her from screaming even louder, I released her from my embrace. I left the library to go tell Myungsoo about the location change.

Jiyeon's POV

I didn't know today was Myungsoo's birthday...how come he never said anything? When Taec asked Suzy if they could have their movie night at her place, I offered mine. I'm usually alone at home if my my mom is at work or when my brother is out with his friends, so I thought it would be fun for them to come over. You don't think I have to get Myungsoo a present right? My place is already enough. Plus the fact that he doesn't talk to me, he should be thankful that I am letting his little event happen at my house. Hey wait a minute...I was never invited to this thing personally by Myungsoo. That jerk only invited Taec and Suzy. I had to be indirectly invited by Taec and that's only because it's going to be at my place. Ugh how rude! Kim Myungsoo...you are going to pay.

Myungsoo's POV

"You did what?!?!" Taec came back from the library telling me about the change in location.

"Yah calm down...I just agreed into having the movie thing at Jiyeon's..." Jiyeon?....NOOOOO She was clearly crossed off my invite list. Stupid Taec! This whole week I have been trying to hide my birthday from her. I know Jiyeon, even if you're a jerk, she will still try and be nice to you on your special day...Actually, that doesn't sound that bad. Recieving a lot of praise, from her?...It sounds damn great. Wow, I am kind of excited for 6th period now. Jiyeon's probably going to be at my knees the whole time, doing what I say. HAHAH Yes, I shall wait.

- 6th Period -

Since today wasn't a lab day, I didn't have to go to the lab room, just the regular classroom. I was one of the first people to get in the class because my last class was next door. God I can't wait...Yeah yeah i'm over exaggerating the whole 'happy birthday' thing from Jiyeon but still, anything from her is like a gift from God himself. Even if it is just two simple words. I know that I told myself that I would try to stray away from her, but because it's my birthday i'll allow it this once. I think I deserve to feel happy today...Oh here she comes...

Jiyeon walked through the door and sat down at her seat. Coincidently, it's right acroos from mine so I am basically facing her. She laid her bag on the table and rested her head on her arms. Wow not even a hi. I stared directly at her, she didn't move an inch. She wasn't facing me either. I pretended to clear my throat, "..ehem.." Nothing happened. I tried again, "Mmm..eheem.." Jiyeon failed to bother and stayed still. This time, I think I might have went a liitle overboard, "....EHEHEHEHEMM!!!!" Call me desparate, I know.

"Yah! Do you need water or something?" At least she lifted her head. She looked pretty annoyed though...hehe. What should I say?

"Umm..no it's okay." I was embarassed. I looked in a different direction.

I noticed Jiyeon smirked, "Well, it's either you got something stuck in your throat or you want me to say something..." Damn it. Jiyeon was mocking me with a devious smile while waiting for a reply.

"A-a-ani. S-s-something in my t-throat.." I couldn't stop stuttering  from my nervousness. This has never happened to me before. Usually I am a great speaker, liar too. "So...what's up?" 

"Nothing really, I just want to go home already." Does she mean the movie night? 

"Jinja? You that excited huh?" I was joking of course.

"About what?" Really? She's kidding right?

"What do you mean? Don't you know?" Didn't Taec tell Jiyeon about my birthday and the get together I planned? This is awkward.

"Know what?" Okay so now I am starting to believe she really doesn't know. My excitement from earlier just got flushed down the toilet.

"Ahh gwaenchana, it's nothing..." My face became a frown and like Jiyeon, I laid my head on the table. I guess no happy birthday greeting for me...Wait, does that mean the movie thing is cancelled? Aw, if it is, then this day turned out to be another failed birthday.

"Oh yeah by the way, I forgot something.." I looked up, she got up from her seat and went up to the front of the classroom. What is she doing? "You guys, I have an announcement to make!" An announement? Could it be? "Today is someone's special day..." No way! Jiyeon knows! And she even announced it to the whole class. My smile returned as I continued to listen to Jiyeon's little speech. "So please everybody, let's sing them a Happy Birthday. They are one of my good friends.." Aww am I really considered one of her good friends? "Come on up here birthday boy, let us sing you a happy birthday..." I stood up from my seat, all eyes were faced in my direction. As I was about to walk up to the front, I felt a slight shove against the left side of my body. What the heck? I looked to see Seulong headed towards the front too. "Happy Birthday Seulong!!!" I stopped walking...When I heard Jiyeon scream happy birthday for Seulong, someone that wasn't me, my heart felt like it shattered. I was humiliated to no end. I looked like an idiot standing up thinking that Jiyeon was talking about me. The whole class was laughing at me, and I just stood still. When I turned around, I saw Jiyeon laughing at me as well. I was furious, not at her though. She didn't do anything, I was the one who actually had some faith to our friendship. Apparently not, I guess we're nothing more than a friend of a friend. My legs felt stiff, I couldn't move. I have never been so mortified in my whole life.

"Yah, Myungsoo. Why are you standing? It's Seulong's birthday not yours hahaha." "Myungsoo, always trying to get the attention..." "Hey idiot, go sit down!" All of these comments were being said by my peers. all of you. I could care less of what you guys say. Unable to take it any longer, I ran out into the hallway. I rushed down and started to punch all the lockers, regardless of who they belonged to. As I was puching and kicking, I ended up denting a few.

"YAH! HAJIMA!" , I got caught by some teacher. "Who are you?" When I didn't respond, the teacher grabbed at my uniform to read my nametag. "Kim Myungsoo? Well Mr. Kim, you are coming with me to the principal's office for destructing school property." He pulled me by the collar and dragged me down the hall. I wanted to fight against him so bad but I am already in enough trouble, wouldn't want to be expelled from the school too. So this is my present then....

Jiyeon's POV

After Myungsoo ran out of the classroom, I followed after him. When I got out of the class, he was already out of sight. He sure ran fast. I started to feel incredibly wrong for what I did. I purposely pretended not to know Myungsoo's birthday and it so happened  that it was Seulong's birthday too. So I decided to pull a tiny joke on Myungsoo to humiliate him in front of our class. Well it worked but I didn't know he would be so affected by it. Although, some of the reamarks our classmates made were kind of harsh. I thought maybe an insensitive, cold-hearted person wouldn't care. I guess I was wrong. Man, I hope he's okay. Geez Jiyeon, who knew you could be such a douche? Now that I thought about it, I am just as bad as Myungsoo. I walked back inside the class and sat at my desk. What can I do to make it up to him?

Myungsoo'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter