Reminiscent

Waiting for Hope (Wedding Dress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 23 2012

Jinwoon's POV

Hey it's Jinwoon here...thought it should be time to introduce myself so here it goes. I'm 18 and...well 18. Nothing much. Actually, I'm from the states but moved here when I was 11 when my mom got remarried after my dad died. My stepdad? He's an okay guy I guess but if it were up to me, I prefer just my mom and me. Like it has always been. One word to describe myself....hmmm...I would assume "lonely". I've been feeling that way ever since my bestfriend passed away, my first love. That's right, she passed away...but if there is anything I hate the most, it is when people feel sorry for me. I don't need their meaningless sympathy. So to avoid it, I just tell people that she moved. The only ones that know the truth are Taecyeon and Myungsoo because we were all bestfriends but after the accident, we weren't as close as we used to be. Mainly because I chose to stray away from them, I didn't care for them as much anymore. She was my first friend when I came here, she made me forget how lost I felt. Honestly, she was my only true friend. Someone worth living for. I have other friends yeah but none are ones I actually like or care for. Mean right? But who cares, all they do is make me even more depressed. This is my first year without her and I feel...surprising alright. That's only because of her...

"Jinwoonshi!!!" I turned around to see the little Dino try and catch up to me. "Odi Ka? Let's hang out today!" Jiyeon. Why does she have to remind me so much about Her? They are two completely different people with different personalities but they have the same feel.

"Oh Jiyeon-ah. I was just going to walk to the park.." I wanted to be alone today but I didn't want her to think anything was wrong. I tried my best to sound kind yet uninviting...she obviously did not get the message..

"Okay I don't have to be home til later so i'll come with you." Usually I would be really pissed if I wanted to be alone especially today but with Jiyeon...I just couldn't.

It was silent the entire walk. Oddly, it wasn't as awkward as it sounds. She respected the fact that I didn't want to talk and it seemed she had things to think over herself too.

"We're here." I went to the park near my old middle school...Brings back memories...

 

*FLASHBACK* (7 years ago)

I was 11 and I just moved here from the US. It was hard to make friends because kids would laugh at my accent. My mom worked until late at night so after school I would go play basketball in the park. I loved basketball. Even had dreams of playing in the NBA. It was only still fall but it was freezing. No one was out. I have never felt so alone in my life...

Dribble

Swish

Dribble, Dribble

Swish

I thought to myself, "Damn I'm beast"

It's been an hour and my mom isn't coming until two more hours. I decided to take a break and sit on the bench for awhile. Despite the cold weather, I found it peaceful sitting alone. No one was there to bother me. No distractions. Almost too peaceful even, anyone could have easily fallen aslee....zzz...zzz

"Hey..wake up!" I woke up with this other student shaking the hell out of  me. She was tiny but used great force. It was rather surprising. "Yah I said wake uppp!!!" She was starting to become too presistent. This could have made anyone seriously annoyed.

"YAH! I AM AWAKE!" I wasn't proud of yelling at her but she was getting on my nerves. This girl made me immediately guilty when I saw tears falling from her eyes. "Hey, uljima..Why are you crying???" She didn't respond and just continued to cry. Oh god what do I do? I've never made a girl cry before. "Answer me...What's wro...Ayaaaaa, a-paaa!!!!" Before I could finish asking my question the little tiny brat kicked me straight in the stomach. Inevitably falling to the ground, I tried to gasp for air as I looked up, "WHY DID YOU K....A-PAAA!" Again she kicked me, only this time it was in the leg. I was furious. Just as I was about to yell again, she finally spoke.

"If you do not wish to get kick again,I suggest you don't yell at me.." She started to walk away but stopped. "You play basketball?" She was staring at the ball then back at me. Why does she care? Does she even know anything about it? I stood up from the ground and picked up the ball. I looked straight into her eyes and laughed...

"Best player around...Why? You jealous?" I turned my gaze to the back board and shot it...

...

...

...

"HAHAHAHAHAHA Best player around huh?" I can't believe it. I missed. And it wasn't even a close miss. The ball didn't even reach the hoop. An airball. What? I'm Jung Jinwoon and I don't make airballs. EVER. Ahhh this is so embarassing, she probably thinks i'm a joke. Whatever? Why should I care what she thinks?. Feeling ashamed, I grabbed my bag and started to leave the park. As I was going to grab my ball, that brat took it before I could bend down and get it.

"You're so sensitive...I was just having fun." She looked sorry but I didn't care.\

"Look, why don't you just go and leave too? It's not like you could have done any better." And with that, she got extremely offended.

"Oh really?" Just as I had expected she started to set up along the 3 point line. I just stood there and chuckled. It was funny but it was shockingly cute at the same time. C'mon this girl had to be at least 4'10 and very scrawny. There's no way she could make such a shot. I have to give her credit for being a strong believer though. Since there was no point, I decided to just let her keep the ball. As I was walking away I heard...swishh...I stopped my tracks. No way. I turned my head to see the girl and then look at the ball still bouncing. She actually did it. I was dead on impressed and I hated te fact that she could tell I was. "I'm good aren't I? hehe." Alright I couldn't just let her think that she was better than me.

"Lucky shot." Dang I should have just let it go and move on. But a part of me wanted to stay and avenge myself.

The girl just stood and stare for moment with a face saying 'You're an idiot" before picking up the ball again. Dribble. Shoot. Swish. Damn it she made it again. This time she rubbed it in my face by making it seem like it was easy for her. "Now what? You have no more excuses...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter