One Day at a Time

Diary of Dreams

It has been an entire week since I've seen the Perfect Prince. That day when he showed up, even after trying my level best to avoid: I found myself drooling upon his name in the attendance sheet- Lee JinKi was the Prince's name.

A week is too much to skip I thought but then I got to know that he had applied for the leave; so my teaching days went by normal. By this time I had become quite comfortable with the job and I was glad that the students liked my style of teaching, some even came by after classes to discuss more!

One day as I entered the class it was too noisy than the other days. My immediate thought was maybe the Perfection Prince is back and the girls are all excited, but to my dismay it was due to the announcement of the activities for the Annual Cultural Fest. Now since I had been a student I hated Cultural Fests, not because of the lack of talent in me for I was a fair singer and knew Classical Indian Dance but because it was like advertising....All the pretty girls ended up with boyfriends but I was the lonely soul... 'All that glitters is not Gold' was what I wanted to shout but who would listen to me. Even after all those miserable teen years my disgust for cultural nights still hasn't gone and adding to that feeling was the thought that now I being a teacher would also get duties!!! Waah!!!! My day had just begun and I was wishing it could just end!

An 'all teacher meeting' made my day worse for now not only I had so many duties but was also incharge of the Music section practice which I might say my superior very well added "Music also includes singing and instruments", I might have given her a Nobel Price for illuminating my mind with such high knowledge!!!

My mood was bad...really bad!

6 hours of teaching where you can't even sit down, horrible handwriting where one has to decipher the meaing as to what the student has to say and a whole lot of bullying from the superiors , it was time to face the Music; I mean go take care of the Music department for the show....        

 And there I was standing in front of 20 students staring back at me, but I was only staring at one of them- Lee JinKi- the Prince of Perfection!!!!

 

We got on with the work, I had to assist another teacher who I might add was the most hated person in the whole of the university's faculty and it didn't come to me as I surprise that I ended up doing all the physical work while he spitted out orders! 

While I was carrying a big pile of sheet music he purposely made me fall to humiliate me! can you believe it! And the worst part, everyone laughed at me...really just wanted to burry myself; when a pair of perfect hands came and helped me pick up the sheets from the floor...my heart started racing again and if he were any closer he could have heard my heartbeat! I looked up and he said "Kwinchana? you okay?" Words failed me and all I did was give him a bleak nod. As soon as I stood up my anger on that ty Teacher got the best of me and I could feel my cheeks go red! I was about to get an explanation for the humiliation but a sudden whisper in my ear got me deviated...he said " One day at a time...you are new;he doesn't know you, it will get better one day at a time."

I turned my head towards the source of the whisper. He was angel like and he was smiling..his words reverberating in my mind and the expression on his face just made me so calm. We were standing in the middle of the practice room face to face so close that I could hear his breathing and my heart's lub dub...No one was focussing on us, everybody was in their own world and we were in ours...

A sudden call of my name startled me and the trance was broken. I looked at the ty professor who called me and went towards him, not to charge him but calmly started working. At the end of the day's practice as we all were heading out, I turned my head and glanced towards JinKi. He smiled weakly and my heart fluttered Again!!