Going Smooth

Diary of Dreams

The schedule started as – appearance on ‘Hello counselor’ then an interview followed by a 4 hour photo shoot and then again an appearance on a variety show and finally as guests on SUKIRA. Phew! As if this hectic schedule wasn't enough that there was a SM Family party starting around 9 where attendance was compulsory!

 

Somehow we got through with the schedule and we were on the Radio show. I was sitting outside the recording room along with the writers going through the script and checking if the guys were going by the script or not. Yes, by now I was quite good with reading and understanding Korean. The only problem was that I couldn't converse in Korean.

Suddenly there was a question from a listener regarding the scandal that SHINee had relating to a girl who visited the dorm. It was a question that was not decided before hand so I got up from my seat to indicate them to stall the question. But before my gesture could reach SHINee, MinHo spoke, ”It was not a scandal. We recently got a new manager so she had come over. Because it was not known to the outsiders, it leaded to a misunderstanding.”

“Oh, yes I heard that you have got a female manager now. Not many groups hire female managers; even girl groups have male managers. How is she? She may be really good that is why SM hired a female!” “Yes, she is. The best part is that before any schedule she takes into consideration our opinions and then anything is finalized. And she takes special care of our meals…She knows that we like to eat” , said Taemin.

 

The radio jockey just commented that by the looks of it your manager is pretty. She is the only one who seems to liven up the sight in the writer’s room. Good for you guys.

Apart from this abrupt question everything else was smooth.

After the show, I met Ryeowook and greeted him for he was a Super Junior member, one of SHINee’s seniors from the same company. He was a really polite person, a gentleman to say the least. At the end when we said our goodbyes he told me to come to him whenever the guys gave me any problem. He was adorable.

 

Now we were in the van going to the venue of the party. After 5 minutes in to the road journey I asked the guys if the guys wanted to change into something appropriate for a party. They said in unison “Obviously! We need to go home first. But I think we need to check out your wardrobe too. It is a sort of a ‘welcome into SM party’. There has been much new recruitment into the SM and also a new group’s debut, so it's a combined affair. And yes, be prepared to sing or dance. “ Jjong’s words got me worried. I have to dress p too? “But I am a mere manager so why do I have to dress up. I’m the one to stay in the shadows”

“Not at SM, you don't. It’s a company party not an outside party. Hong, take us to Aansha’s place first.”

JinKi’s orders are always final when he gives them out in a serious tone, so there was no point in arguing. What worried me the most was no the fact that SHINee was to coordinate my outfit for the night but the fact that KEY would be going through my Wardrobe!

 

Now all 5 of the guys were in my bedroom going through my wardrobe and the person on the forefront was without any guesses, Key. I guess it was but natural that he being the fashion representative of SHINee wanted his manager to represent them well. This thought made me realize as to why looking good at this party for me was important to them.

 

After a 15 minute search through my outfits in which I had to explain them what a Saree, Blouse, petticoat, salwaar , chudidaar(Indian slacks)and kameez(long indian top) was, they picked out a black kameez and chudidaar.

I must say their choice was real good for it was one of my favorites.

“Ok, so the dress is selected, as for the makeup I think you can do it, right?”

 

This question of Key’s made me freeze, for one thing I could never learn was how to do good makeup. Light makeup for work is one think and party makeup is totally a different road. “No I cant. It has always been difficult for me to learn how to do party makeup. I’m sorry guys..”, I was feeling so guilty of being so incompetent in such simple things, “Really I’m sorry, I think it is better if I don't go, I don't want to be an embarrassment for you guys…”

Jjong was looking at me right in the face while I was appologising, and once I was done saying sorry and was about to lower my head, he said, “C’mon, you are not a celebrity,  you are a professor and you are really good at it. Now you are our manager and you are damn good at it. You are a human, need not be perfect at everything!”

 

Jjong’s words hit me and I was back to normal, but the problem of getting me ready still persisted. We couldn't ask the stylists today for they had done their part on SHINee and were off to get ready themselves, couldn't go to a salon for we hadn’t made any reservations… Just then I said, “we can call Sarah, my friend’s sister, she is a graduate in Fashion design and Grooming?”

 

20 minutes after the call, Sarah came. When I explained to her the situation she said not to worry and that SHINee should go to their dorm and change their outfits.

“Okay, after getting Aansha ready come to our dorm and we will proceed from there. Thanks Sarah”, JinKi thanked Sarah, winked at me and then they all left. His wink made me blush and I thought to myself that I see him so often now that I forgot that I was attracted to him. The wink and the blushing reminded me that JinKi’s effect was the same deep down.

I think Sarah noticed my blush, “ Unni, I’ll make you real pretty today, not that it is hard, only for extra advantage.”

 

I hate dressing up! I shrugged a bit at the thought of getting prepped up but today I had no choice.

It took Sarah half an hour to fix me. So now I was wearing a black Chudidaar that is black cotton slacks and on top of it was a long black Kameez or top, long enough to reach my shins. The kameez was black with a thick border of black and white coral designs, it was fitted at the waist and in the front above the waist it had coral patterns of gold, white and royal pink. With it I had a black stole with thick golden border, hung over on my left shoulder. It was Sarah’s decision to let my hair loose and slight curls at the end of the hair. She made me wear dangling golden earrings and thankfully just a bracelet watch. The worst part of a party for me was that I had to wear heels, which I completely detested. Here too Sarah made me wear real high black stiletto type heels. They were real pretty but real uncomfortable too, but I cant argue with Sarah today if I needed her help, yes, that was her condition.

 

As I was about to leave the house to go to SHINee’s dorm, JinKi called- Hey Aansha, SM sent us a car to arrive at the party. I have sent Hong to your place, why don’t you arrive with him…okay, bye, see you there…”

 

“Alone entering such a party!! God help me!”

 

So Hong took me to the party venue. I must say that SM is synonymous to extravagant. Everything of SM is on such a grand and luxurious level, and so was this venue. I bet it was a 7 star hotel.

I entered the hotel, showed my SM id to the attendant and he escorted me to a hall. Standing at the entrance of the hall I could make out the grandeur of the party. It was a huge hall, which opened to a huge sparkling pool. Everything was lit up spectacularly and there was a small stage in the hall decked with karaoke speakers and big sound systems. There were long tables laden with food and drinks.

The sight of the hall gave me a shiver for I had never attended such grand parties. It seemed that my legs weren’t listening to my order of moving forward. I was at a war with my limbs when from behind someone tapped my shoulder. “I knew that it would be you for no one else could sport that dress. Lets go inside.”

Maybe now my body listens to other’s orders more. Being a manager has seeped into my body to such an extent that it moves to do others’ work or follow their orders.

 

We entered the hall together and deep down I was really glad that I met him at the entrance for I wouldn't have been able to enter on my own. “It’s been a while since we met. A week or so I think. Everything going smooth now?” Henry’s inquisitiveness was seen in his eyes. “Yes everything is going smooth and even I it doesn't I think now I can handle that too…so, how are you? Can I just say you look real handsome in this retro style tux!” I regretted commenting on him the moment these words came out of my mouth. I couldn't believe that I just let out a flirtatious statement…oh the embarrassment!

“Is this the point where I compliment you?”.Henry’s reaction made me smile, “No, no. I just sort of blurted out my mind. How can you compliment me when there are girls like GG around, I mean they are perfect even from a girl’s point of view…”

Henry replied that they are paid to look perfect and you are paid to make idols look perfect, so there will always be a difference between idols and you for you don't have that many resources to keep yourself always tip top but you are looking good today… I thanked him and said that I need to find SHINee.

Henry and I reached where SHINee was standing. Their backs were towards us so they couldn't see us coming. I tapped Jjong’s back and he turned. Seeing him turn the others turned automatically. Sometimes I was taken aback by their behavior for it seemed like as SHINee even their normal actions and reactions were perfectly synchronized!

Anyways, they all turned and saw me…there was a silence for a minute or so and all their faces were blank. They looked so weird staring at me that I was about to say something when Henry spoke out “She looks good doesn't she, different from the normal days.”

 

“You look beautiful Aansha!” Jinki said with surprise, blush and kindness all mixed together. Infact he blushed so much that he turned red and that caused all the boys to smile and I felt shy that I lowered my head and said “Thank you Lee”. I then turned towards Key and asked if I lived up to his expectation and he smiled and nodded and said, “Lets take a selfie”.

 

Everything was merry and after a long time I felt I was with my friends and not just SHINee. Its wonderful how the same set of people can play different roles in your life. At one point I am their manager, at another set up I am their professor and today at this moment we are friends.

I felt so lucky this moment!