Spotlight!!!!!

Diary of Dreams

 

Sorry Guys for the late update

 

Everyone had split up in the party. SHINee was busy talking to the CEOs of SM and Henry’s manager Mr. Kang had agreed to introduce me to the other SM managers. So one by one I was greeting the senior managers. Most of them welcomed me but I think the women of SM didn't like me, they gave me a cold look, but I couldn't do anything for they were my seniors at work. Then I met GG, Super Junior, TVXQ, EXO, F(x), TRAX, J-min and some comedians like Mr. Jong Yup. I also met some composers whom I had seen around the recording studio but never got a chance to greet them formally, among them the most noticeable were Young-jin and Evans…

I was literally tired of greeting everyone. Honestly I don't like crowded areas, dance party is different but parties where so many people are gathered at one-place makes me feel queasy.

I took a drink and started exploring the area around the pool. Everyone was inside the hall and the pool area was a bit secluded from the main party. I was just whiling away my time when some of the senior staff I had earlier greeted came towards me. Now these ladies though my seniors at work were either of my age or younger. They looked at me and called me.

They were all standing in a small semicircle around me and I was literally pinned to the wall. I thought to myself, “oh, is this some sort of ragging? Man! I hate being the junior, if it had been a college I would have shown them there place for even now post wise I am above them but in this company its all about the experience, I cant be rude…”

 

I was being criticized for my dress, for trying to look different. They did say something about me not being respectful and then one of them came real close to me and said “don't worry this is routine for a newcomer. We and play pranks till atleast once she has an embarrassing moment and then we treat her as family, no in fact we become a family..”

Though her words weren’t harsh but her gaze was that of a killer. I asked that should I spill food over me or sing terribly to count as an embarrassing moment. But they didn't hear a word and now they all were walking towards me. To maintain a bit of distance I walked away from the wall and was literally walking backwards. I must have taken 10 steps when that girl who threatened me slightly hit me on the shoulder. Suddenly it felt that here was no more ground!

 

In a fraction of a second I was gulped by water on both sides. My mind stopped working and there were flashes of my old memories.

I was loosing my mind for I was seeing something that happened 5 years ago. “Have I time travelled? Yes! I can save Kabir!” I looked around and saw a car and a guy trapped it. I pulled him out and was trying to bring him to the surface of the river when suddenly someone held my other hand and started pulling me. “No, don't do that I need to save Kabir. I lost the grip, his hand slipped out my hand, wait, we have to get him! Kabir!”

Everything went blank. I could only hear the cries of my voice calling out Kabir but then I stopped. My mind was conscious but my body refused to respond. Only when I felt pressure on my chest that the pain made me sit up! I looked around and saw JinKi panting and wet in front of me….

“You okay?”, I could just nod.

“Come on lets get you dried up.”

 

 

“Hey JinKi how is your new manager. She just greeted me. She seems fine...” I replied to Leetuk Hyung’s question and then started looking for Aansha. I just hope that the girls of SM don't create her embarrassing moment today. “I think she is by the pool, she doesn't like crowded places much” As I went towards the pool I saw Aansha being pushed into it. I thought maybe she is a swimmer but when she didn't come out for long I went closer. She was at the bottom of the pool moving her hands oddly. “If she continues to do that she will run out of breath!” I ran towards the pool and dived. As I started pulling Aansha towards myself to take her to the surface of the pool she started shouting out “No….Kabir…” and some words in her Indian language. It was quite a struggle to bring her to the top. The girls who had created the scene stood there as if in a stupor. Only when I shouted at them that they helped me pull her out from the pool. I started flushing out the water from Aansha’s lungs for she now seemed to have passed out. For 2 minutes I was doing the same thing.

By now everyone had noticed that something was wrong by the pool. As I was flushing out the water from Aansha’s lungs the whole of SM was watching me and hoping her to be fine. Meanwhile Lee Soman ssi was scolding the female staff for creating such a scene and putting Aansha’s life in danger. He was just about to Fire them that Aansha came to her senses. I asked her if she was fine to which she gave a feeble nod. Taemin wrapped a towel around Aansha and I was taking her to get her dried when she stopped by Lee Soman ssi and said “Sir its not their fault. I wasn't careful enough and slipped. Please don't punish them for something that wasn't their fault…Please sir. It was my carelessness.”

 

I couldn't understand her. She knew she was pushed and yet she saved their job. I took her to a hotel room and asked Hong to bring her extra clothes bag from the van. While she was changing, her cell phone, which she had given me for safekeeping at the beginning of the party, rang.

I didn’t pick it up but it rang many times. It rang and rang again. It was so annoying that I finally answered it. Someone named Sumit was calling. As soon as I said hello a worried tone came from the other side “who is this? Where is Aansha? Is she alright? Why wont she pick up my call?”

I said,” I am Aansha’s friend Lee JinKi and she is fine. She is a bit busy so she cant come talk right now…”

His first question was “Did she have an accident? She always picks up my phone and if she cant talk then she sends me a message. Tell me did something happen?”

He seemed really concerned like a big brother so it felt that he deserves to know. “She fell in the pool.” I couldn't complete the sentence that Sumit said “She what! Oh dear! Is she alright?” “Yes she is fine now! Although, it seemed like she didn't want to be pulled out of the water!” “Listen, JinKi. Thank you so much for saving her. I am Sumit his best friend. I and Aansha have been friends for 10 years now. There was an incident in Aansha’s life that changed her, but it is her decision to tell you or not. I need to ask a favour of you, please don't leave her alone today, if you consider her a friend. I must warn you; no “monkey business”, strictly. I hope you got what I meant. Just stay by her side, her heart will be cold and only a friend can warm it up. I hope I can count on you. I’ll call her tomorrow.”

“What do you mean by “monkey business”?!! Don't worry; I'll take care of her. You can count on me. Bye.”

 

This call left me wondering what could have happened in the past.

 Aansha came out with a change of clothes, “JinKi can you take me home? I hope its not rude if we leave the party?”

“Wait here, I’ll just tell the others and Mr Lee Sooman. Okay. Just 5 minutes”

As soon as I approached Mr. Lee Soman, he inquired if Aansha was alright and told me to take her home for she was our friend first and manager later. I thanked him and told the other members.

When I returned to the room with the other members, I saw Aansha sitting on the edge of the bed with her back towards the door. She seemed to be looking at a picture. Jjong knocked at the door which alerted Aansha and she in a swift movement kept her phone down and turned towards us. She gave a feeble smile and said “Don't worry guys, I’m fine. I was just a bit clumsy…seriously I’m fine. Jjong don't look too gloomy, please. So I just wanted to go home. I think I can go back with Hong, you need not leave JinKi.”

“What are you saying! JinKi hyung will go with you. In fact we all wanted to go with you but there are record owners here and so we will hold the fort here while JinKi hyung will be with you! Am I right Hyung!” Minho looked real angry while saying this and the others also looked a bit mad at me for uttering such words. So I surrendered and left for home with JinKi driving the car.

 

Although I said that I was fine but deep down I was shaken with all that I had experienced in the pool… I relived that dreadful moment; I lost Kabir... that ill-fated moment spun my world around; that moment of which till date I feel guilty. I could have saved him. It is what haunts my dreams and my reality. It is the reason why I left my hometown, why I changed colleges as a teacher so frequently and it is also a reason why I left India. I thought that the more frequent I’ll change a place, the more I will be absorbed in adjusting and my mind would be double busy with work and getting used to a new place. I never let myself settle for fear of getting my mind settled and giving time to my guilty conscious.

 

Now I have to think what answers I will give if JinKi asks me what happened?