Comfy (2)

Diary of Dreams

As I was walking towards SHINee’s dorm, Sumit called. “Hey Morning A, ssup?”

It was the same question he has been asking since we have been friends. Be it when we were in college or when we were working in separate cities, I could always count on the fact that he will be the first one to call every day.

“Yes, Good Morning. Before you ask, yes…I’m fine, yes I thought about Kabir and yes I know that I shouldn't have been and no I cannot forgive myself. And, yup I’m going to SHINee’s dorm. What about you?”

We had a chat that went on and on. I reached SHINee’s door and told him that he should put the phone down and go to work, but I came to know that it was his day off. “Ya I miss the numerous holidays we have in India. Every month there is a festival and so there are holidays. Lucky you. Will you keep the phone down? I’m entering the dorm.”

Well finally after being free from the call I punched in the password and entered their house. I had the impression that they would be sleeping but opposite to that they were all gathered in the living room, rooting for either MinHo or JinKi playing the FIFA game. Really! These guys don't want to grow up. But I thing this child like behavior was also the one that kept them rooted to the ground, because though they were celebrities they did not have the Prince Syndrome. Each one of them was a person first and then a celebrity.

It took a while for these guys to notice that I was in their house. By the time they noticed I had emptied the food into the utensils, cleaned the kitchen a bit and organized their refrigerator. Sometimes while doing this kind of job it felt that I was their Nanny and not Manager. But, I was the one who said yes. Few more weeks and then I would be back to being just a professor. Then as I was sorting out my class ppts, Key was the one who noticed me and that too because he was siding with JinKi who took some wrong decision in the game which made Key do his famous eye roll. It was from the corner of his eyes that Key noticed me sitting on the dining table with my laptop.

“Ya, guys! Aansha is here”, MinHo shouted that wait he is about to win. I was just laughing at their enthusiasm. They looked like middle school students.

 

It was after about half an hour after MinHo’s statement that Key came up to me and peeked into my laptop. “So it is an empty next week. Only dance and vocal practice with some recording. Cool! I guess we can rest now.”

“Yes, you guys can and so can I! So you guys hungry? I already have breakfast made.”

“Seriously Aansha! Even after being with us for 3 weeks you still ask that question. When it comes to food, we are always hungry and if we ever say no then understand that something is just not right”, JinKi’s sentence was accepted by all the other members for they all nodded in unison after hearing it.

 

The whole day we were in the dorm. Key busy co-designing some jackets with some London designer, Jjong trying to write some lyrics in his room, Taemin just sleeping, MinHo reading about photography. JinKi was in his room. I had finalized next weeks schedule and needed approval for him. So I knocked on his door. There was no reply to my knocking so Key shouted from behind that may be he is listening to music so I should just enter. I entered his room.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed next to the window. He was listening to music but his eyes were closed. I just stared at him. He looked so serene and pure. The sunlight filtering through the window, passing through the light blue semi-transparent curtains, fell on his pearly skin. Though he was a man, everything about him was gorgeous. It was not only the fact that he was so good looking from the outside but from the inside too he was a pearl, precious and gentle.

I don't know for how long I had been staring him. My trance was only interrupted when JinKi spoke, “I don't think you came in just to stare at me”

I was embarrassed to the highest level. And maybe I also blushed, “Yes, I, I need your approval on the schedule”.

He signed it and I was just about to leave when he placed one end of his earphone in my ear and indicated me to listen to the song.

 

It was one of my favorite songs. I enter a parallel universe whenever I hear this song.

 

 

She looked so happy and peaceful while listening to the song. It was one of my favorite songs. I didn't know that she too would like it.

The song ended and she smiled at me, “Thanks, I love this song, hadn’t heard it in a while.”

She got up from the bed and was about to open the door when I suddenly felt that I had to ask her or the moment she leaves the room I would lose the chance forever.

“Hey Aansha”

She turned and looked at me.

“Will you go out with me?”

 

She looked perplexed and I could understand why. “I know you are confused and so am I but I know that right now just manager and celeb is not the relation I am going to continue, and just being friends is not what I can be satisfied with. Help me figure it out. Huh…Tell me you dnt feel anything for me…”

 

“Okay let’s do it JinKi. I too need to figure it out”

 

She smiled and opened the door. As she swung the door open, two crazy guys fell in front of her. “Key, MinHo !! What? Why? I’ll kill you!!”

 

I ran after the guys. Aansha packed her things and went back. She left me with all the thoughts- did I do the right thing? Is she angry? Will she come?

I was confused, totally confused but on the other hand there was the fact that she was Aansha. She was not like the other girls and so maybe she will see it logically and not run away.

 

I was going to see her tomorrow. Not that I don't see her, I practically see her everyday but… Tomorrow I’ll see her in a different light.