Chapter 2

House of Revenge

The door creaked open and Yubin stirred from her sleep in the hospital bed. For 2 days, she had been trying to keep herself awake as much as possible. Even if there were at least 1 to 2 police on guard duty outside her room, she still felt unsafe. She was tired from the pain from her injuries and pain-killers made her even sleepier. She tried to remember the faces of the doctors and nurses who tended to her but it was tough especially with the nurses who had at least 3 different persons per shift. This time it looked like a male nurse who came in. Straining her tired eyes to see, she could only see his eyes since he had a surgical mask on.

“I will now give you your dose of medicine through the IV tube, agasshi.” He informed gently.

His voice was nice and gentle Yubin felt a little comforting. She did not realize she had closed her eyes again, ready to fall back to sleep. The male nurse took out a syringe and she let him lift her right hand to inject the syringe into the IV tube. Then she remembered something odd. All the nurses who came in to give her daily dosage of medicine never wore a mask. This dude was definitely up to something else, she thought to herself.

Suddenly on impulse, Yubin pulled her hand away roughly, almost forgetting the IV needle stuck in her hand. Pain ran through her veins in her hand as she pushed the male nurse, causing the tube stand to fall off, pulling her hand along. The male nurse now had his syringe aimed at Yubin’s chest. She reacted with a scream as she used her left casted hand to grab the man’s hand with the syringe and rammed it back to him. The needle landed towards his chest and the man growled in pain. She was amazed at her own strength when she went out of her mind.

She then yanked away the IV needle from her right hand once and for all and ran out of the room. She found her supposed police bodyguard unconscious or dead outside but she decided against waking him up. She had to run as far away from that assassin in her room. The hospital hallway was surprisingly dark and empty and she headed straight for the emergency stairway. She ran down the stairs without stopping, disregarding the pain in both her hands. She soon started to wobble and she wondered if whatever the nurse injected in her was taking effect. Then she found herself bumping straight into a tall figure wearing scrubs.

Oh no, not another male nurse assassin? Yubin looked up to see a familiar face and she let out a sigh of relief as she dropped to her knees when she found hardly any strength to hold her feet. Taecyeon caught hold of a fainting Yubin before she hit the floor.

“Yubin! Yubin! Are you alright?” Taecyeon shook her, hoping she was not shot or stabbed anywhere. There was no fresh injury on her except a little blood on her right hand. Yubin then let out a soft murmur “Someone’s after me….”

Taecyeon looked up and heard distant footsteps from the top of the stairs. He quickly lifted Yubin up in his arms and sprinted down the stairs and out of the hospital.

------

Yubin awoken to the familiar voice of her uncle and when she found JY looking at her with eyes of concern and sorrow, she sat up and hugged him, sobbing in a mix of happiness and mourning sadness. She was glad to see him alive and well yet sad they both lost a huge part of their family. He was her favorite uncle, though he was never blood-related to the royals in the House of Jin. He was the only relative she could trust her life with at this point, not her two other uncles who were mostly missing in her life.

“Sam-chon!!” Yubin called JY, still hugging him. “Thank God you are alive! When I saw Taecyeon, I was so relieved that some of my family is still alive. You know how scared I was when the male nurse tried to attack me?!”

“I won’t let them get to you, Yubin. You are safe now.” JY patted her back lightly comforting the only niece he ever had.  He was extremely upset the bastards took his brother’s life, but thank god his niece survived from all the assassination attempts. He would make sure the bastards pay for the lives of the family they took from him. He may not be the real son of the late casino president Kim but he would never forget how he was treated like their own blood in the House of Jin. Yubin’s father was a brother JY grew up looking up to. After losing his godfather in an assassination attempt last year and now losing his closest brother, JY could never forgive himself for not being able to protect them. Now he swore to make amends by protecting the only surviving heiress of the House of Jin.

Yubin realized she was in the family private jet. She felt much safer with her uncle and his family, the six boys he had adopted and whom she occasionally hung out with whenever they visited the Jin mansion. They were definitely leaving Korea. But what will happen to the House of Jin?

As if reading her mind, JY added. “Yubin, we have no choice but to leave the country for now. We are clearly outnumbered and there is no way we can fight them.”

“But there’s you, sam-chon! You have always been the one who knew best how to protect this family. The House of Jin has always relied on you!” Yubin stated.

“Me alone with my few trusted men is still not strong enough to hold the fort, especially if our enemy could be the House of Yang. Therefore, my first priority is to protect you and my boys for now.”

“And where are we going?” Yubin asked as she looked from her uncle to the 6 teenage boys in the jet.

 “We will head to LA now where I still own a villa. I have enough funds to for all of us to start afresh there.” JY added with a strong determined tone. “It may take a long time to regain the power we used to hold as the House of Jin but I swear when we rise again, I am gonna bring down the bastards who took what belonged to us.”

A/N: We will fast forward 5 years later in the next chapter.