Chapter 8

House of Revenge

4 years later

"Taec! Is that you?"

Taecyeon turned around to see a familiar pretty face. He was on the way to work along the busy streets of London towards the building that Kim and Hudsons Associates office was located. Jessica looked prettier than she was 6 months ago. Why did all his ex-girlfriends always looked better after breaking up with him?

"Hey Jess. Great to see you here. It's been a long time!" he greeted her and gave her a friendly hug. He always kept friendly ties with all his exes.

"I was just around the corner and I thought I spotted you but...What is up with the wolverine look?! Gosh, I almost couldn't recognize you and I had to call out your name to be very sure." Jess revealed to the ex-boyfriend who despite the new unruly longer hair look, he still looked like a GQ model because of his nice tall build in that expensive grey suit.

"Wolverine? hahaha.." Taec chuckled and rubbed his 3-day unshaven chin. "But my hair's definitely longer than his. It's just a new look I'm trying."

"Really? Or was our break-up that bad?" Jess teased, folding her arms.

Taec actually liked her because, unlike some of the girls he dated these past 4 years in London, Jess took the imminent break-up really well. She did not go all "emo" on him or called him or stalked him constantly.  Plus she still remained a good friend who did not mind occasional friends with benefits sessions but they had not met up for some 6 months already.

"Haha, well, yeah. I miss you so much I forgotten to shave and cut my hair for months." Taec shrugged and Jess knew he was joking of course. Ok Taecyeon would never get hung up over a girl. She knew he was always the one breaking up with girls especially when he knew they wanted more of his time and commitment. He took his work seriously. They broke up amicably many months ago because they knew it was not going to work out long term anyway. She knew very well the guy had a wall, or perhaps someone he had his heart on all that time while they were dating. Perhaps his new look had something to do with that someone. However, friendly flirty Taec was still around because he actually invited Jess up to his office for coffee.

Taec's office was still the same as months ago, except his desk was way neater this time with less paperwork. Taec gestured for Jess to take a seat and got his secretary to serve 2 cups of cappuccinos. One could easily tell how busy a legal advisor he was from the case files on his desk.

But before she could ask him how was work, his uncle came into his office.

" Taec, have you prepared everything for the vacation?" Uncle Yee, who was also Taec's boss came into his office and then noticed Jess. "Oh hi Jess! It's been so long! Nice to see you again."

The openly gay lawyer opened his arms to give Jessica a cheek to cheek kiss.

"Wow! So the ever busy Mr Ok is finally taking a well-deserved break? He never even bother with a short vacation back when we were dating." Jess asked wide-eyed and surprised.

"Our family is arriving here for 2 weeks of vacation." Uncle Yee contributed. "Few of his brothers and his sister are coming over to visit. So he has no choice but to take the vacation I shove onto him."

"Wait a minute! She's coming?" The question came from Taec. He had not seen Yubin for 4 years. He never went back to the US since he left because JY preferred he stayed in London  working fully under Uncle Yee. However, his brothers and JY did fly over to London a few times to visit him. All of them, except Yubin. She never visited and Taec accepted the fact she was either busy dating or want nothing to do with him anymore. They kept in contact but it was mostly family matters in their family group chats on the phone and that was all.

Uncle Yee nodded and exclaimed. " Yes, my dear niece is finally coming to visit. I had to beg her though, or rather scold her for not visiting her uncle for so long."

But Taec was shaking his head, obviously not enjoying the news of his sister's visit.

"Wait... You have a sister?" Jess interrupted, curious because the Taec she knew for the past 3 years had never mentioned a sister. He mentioned his 5 brothers in the US and she even knew some of their names but a sister? Hell, she never  even heard the word sister, not to mention a name from him.

-----

Yubin brushed her teeth and got dressed quickly. She had no idea why she was in a hurry. It was a non-working day anyway.

"Yubin?"

She heard her fiance calling her from his bed. He was awake? She had been trying not to wake him up so she could slip away and head home. She walked out to see his sleepy handsome face looking at her from his bed. For guy who was 12 years older than her, he sure kept himself looking good exceptionally well. He was, after all, Song Seungheon the most eligible bachelor who owned The Song Dynasty casino in Vegas. Except now he had given up his bachelorhood for her, after proposing to her at a yacht party in front of their friends and family. They say she was the envy of many women because she managed to nap a rich handsome tycoon. Truth was she never thought the man would like her that much. He was the one who kept chasing and she was fine with it as long as they kept their business relations well too. . The upcoming marriage in 3 months was also a business merger which was going to boost their casino businesses.

So the casino king announced his engagement at his 38th birthday after Yubin accepted his marriage proposal. She remembered playing the acceptance scenario well. The thing was the proposal was no surprise. JY had pre-warned Yubin the night before Seungheon went down on his knees on his yacht in front of 50 guests to do the proposal act.

"He will propose to you and you will accept it, regardless." Yubin remembered JY telling her specifically. It was the fast track plan to merge with Song Dynasty casino and claim enough power to challenge and take down their ultimate enemy, the House of Yang. Yubin of course agreed. It had been 9 years since her family died and with this partnership with Song Dynasty, their road back to home ground in Korea was getting closer. Their wedding was even going to be held in Korea. A loud and obvious sign to the House of Yang that the sole rightful heiress to House of Jin was BACK.

Aside from his casino business bonding with Yubin, Seungheon was actually quite a loving fiance. He pampered Yubin with romantic surprises to take her mind off from work once in a while, treating her to the best restaurants and spas around the country. Yet, despite his efforts, Yubin could not wait to get out of his luxurious penthouse. She never ever stayed over his place for more than a day, no matter how great the was. Perhaps she was just not that much of a relationship person who liked playing house.

"Gotta go, oppa." she kissed him quickly while putting on her heels.

"It's a Sunday..." Seungheon pulled her back into bed. "Why are you in a hurry?"

"I am not done with my packing yet and I'm leaving tomorrow." Yubin revealed. It was the truth yet most of the truth was she did not sleep well in his bed last night and needed sleep on her own bed badly. And as to why she was restless all night was because she was thinking nervously about the impending trip to London. All these years that Taec was away in London, Yubin never once visited him. She put her Managing Director work first and never took vacations. The only trips she took were spa day trips which Seungheon flew her in his private jet.  So this 2-week London trip was pushed on to her by her younger brothers and her Uncle Yee who insisted his one and only precious niece at least visit him once in London. JY agreed that Yubin deserved a break from work and she was finally convinced to take that vacation break to see her uncle and Taec. Taec whom she missed so much but she thought she stopped missing him when she started dating Seungheon a year ago. Now that she was going to see Taec again, she was having jitters. 4 years had passed and images of him kissing her still haunted her, even in her dreams.

"I wished I could go with you.." Seungheon held her hand and kiss it.

"YOU need to attend your important week-long meetings and I understand. Don't worry, my family will take good care of me." Yubin leaned to give her fiance one more kiss on the cheek before she left his house. She preferred Seungheon not to come along for her London vacation. Although he was her fiance and could meet all of her family by now, she was still not very ready to show him off to her uncle in London, not to mention, Taec.

Yubin and family had moved to a much bigger house in Nevada ever since the casino started up 4 years ago. Their casino was known as Casino Gold Dust in the US. They decided they would use "The House of Jin" name after taking back the very casino in Korea, currently owned by their enemy. Yubin arrived home and looked over to the room opposite her room. The room had a bed and some light furniture. For 4 years, they left it as a guest room and held Taec's old bed there. She walking into the room to his bed and sat down. She picked up his pillow and took in the scent of it.

The room felt so empty all these years without the presence of Taec. She hugged the pillow as she lay down on his bed... and naturally fell deep asleep.