Chapter 11

House of Revenge

"Are you saying you chose to leave for London to get away from me?" Yubin queried.

Taec stood up abruptly, preparing to continue the hike again. He might as well admit it but the sarcastic tone let slipped. "Yeah, I left you so you wouldn't get tempted to french me every time you drink too much." Though he felt it was mostly him who couldn't control himself with her around, so he suggested to JY and Uncle Yee 4 years ago that he could do better with a further education and training in London which his godfather and uncle readily agreed.

He saw the hurt in Yubin's eyes after his accusing words. Great, what was he thinking?

He probably made her feel like a . Yubin tried hard swallowing his words but anger took over.

"You kissed me too, ok!" she countered. It had been 4 years and they were still talking about that damn kiss they were supposed to forget!

Yubin was right he did kiss her back, not once but twice. For years, Taec had dated several girls but never had any girl twisted his feelings so much than this so-called sister of his..even after 4 freaking years of not seeing her! He had no words for this because she was right and he just could not face her now, so he turned away from her and walked on.

Yubin angrily stood up, annoyed by his attitude. She took a step and found her right foot getting stuck between 2 thick tree roots. She maneuvered her foot about, trying her best to get out of the boot in a root mishap so she could catch up with Taec. But the non-hiking long boots she was wearing were not helping. She gave another pull of her right foot and felt a stinging pain on her ankle but her foot managed to come free. With one foot suddenly free, she lost her balance and fell backwards. Landing with a thud on a hard surface, she almost lost consciousness. She soon realized she was lying on the surface of  the frozen lake.

"TAEC!!!" She shouted for him but he did not turn back immediately, probably thinking she was just being angry with him.

Then the worst happened, Yubin could hear the ice cracking beneath her. It was only seconds before she tried one more time to scream "Help!" but she had sank into the freezing water. Thankfully, she could swim. But she was finding it so hard to push herself to the surface, because of her painful right ankle. Her arms were flapping for help at the surface of the hole in the lake. Luckily, she spotted Taec racing towards her, his hand stretched out to her from the edge of the lake.

"Grab my hand, Yub!!" Taec ordered.

She quickly caught his hand. He managed to pull her up swiftly with his strong arms. Checking on her thoroughly on dry land, Taec took off his jacket to cover her as he asked repeatedly "Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere? "

Yubin nodded weakly but she was freezing."I'm cold...." she shivered.

Of course she was cold. Her clothes were dripping wet and his dry jacket couldn't do much covering the cold in this winter weather. The cabin was only about half an hour away if they walked fast. She could get warm there as soon as possible.

"We can get to the cabin in 30minutes and get you warm if we move fast, Yub." Taec informed.

Yubin tried to stand up but her right ankle screamed in pain. "I think I... twisted my ankle." she disclosed.

Taec quickly thought of an alternative plan and found Yubin's backpack lying next to the big rock they were sitting earlier. He grabbed her pack, telling her. "You need to change out of your wet top for now. I can't bandage your ankle right now since it would take quite a while to get that long boot out. We'll have to do that when we get to the cabin."

Yubin nodded. He then found a thick wool jumper from her backpack. Removing his jacket as well as Yubin's coat from her, he could see her arms were wrapped tight around herself, trying to keep the cold away. But she moved her hands to pull her wet turtle-neck knit top off her head. She shivered as she proceeded to remove her wet thermal top next. Her bare skin exposed and her arms moved over her wet bra as Taec quickly helped put the wool jumper over her head and she instinctively moved her arms into the sleeves of her jumper. It felt slightly better but Yubin was getter paler by the minute. Taec threw another one of her dry warm jacket over her and zipped it up to her neck.

"I'm gonna piggy-back you." he said as he pack her wet stuff into a waterproof carrier and hung it to her backpack. He grabbed both their backpacks and threw them over his shoulders facing the front of his body.

Yubin wondered how Taec was going to carry her and those heavy bags as well. He looked so big and strong the way he confidently squad in front of her and pulled her arms over his shoulders.

"Hang tight, Yubinnie. You need to hold on to me tight and don't let go ok?" he advised.

Yubin held her arms together firmly around his chest as he lifted her up against his back. He took big strides through the snowy woods. She always liked him calling her Yubinnie. She hung tight around his neck as she rested her head against his broad shoulder. He smelled good regardless he was running and sweating slightly. She could hear him panting breathlessly in exhaustion.

Taec stopped for a while to raise Yubin up as he felt her slipping off. He then realized she was losing consciousness. Her body was still shivering, especially since her jeans were still wet and she had not had any thing warm to drink yet.

"Don't sleep, Yubinnie. Stay with me, ok? We are getting there." Taec tried to keep her awake.

Yubin found herself slipping in and out of consciousness and her weak cold body was not helping. She opened her eyes slightly when Taec tried to jerk her awake to hold on to him tight again. She pulled her arms together again around his neck.

Taec tried again to keep her awake. "Talk to me, Yub! I need you to stay awake! I can't let you slip and fall." Despite his exhaustion, he moved faster again through the woods, his arm tangled tighter around her thighs to keep her in place.

So Yubin tried to talk. "You smell good..." she muttered.

Taec actually felt flattered at that flirty comment though he guessed she was probably half conscious and did not know what she was saying.

"You smell good too.." Taec replied and added a joke. "But that was before you fell into the lake."

Yubin let out a weak laugh. Good. At least she was conscious enough to catch a joke.

"I miss you...Taecyeonnie.." she said softly. And Taec felt his heart ached. He missed her too damn much too. And how he missed her calling him that.

"I miss you too, Yubinnie..." he admitted but she did not say anything and Taec realized her hands were slowly slipping off around him.