Chapter 7

House of Revenge

There were 2 house guests there when Yubin got home for her family dinner. Yubin saw an Asian man standing with his back facing her and another man who was Caucasian. Both were talking to her Uncle JY near the kitchen counter.  She wondered who they were and greeted her uncle JY .

"Great, Yubin! You are here!" JY acknowledged her and pulled her to face the 2 gentlemen. "Do you remember him?" He pointed to the Asian man.

Yubin looked closer at the petite middle-aged man and gasped, covering .

"Yee sam-chon?" Yubin slowly recognized her long-lost 2nd uncle, Kim JinYee whom her grandfather had disown many years ago, because he was gay and refused to leave his then boyfriend as ordered by his father, her grandfather. Yubin remembered him as a sweet funny uncle who loved to buy her clothes when she was a kid.

"My God, my little Yubin! You have grown so beautiful." he exclaimed and asked his partner, a handsome British white-haired man probably in his mid-40s. "Don't you think my niece is gorgeous, honey?"

"She sure is!" The British stretched his hand out and introduced himself. "I'm Will. Nice to finally meet you, Yubin."

Yubin shook his hand and was overwhelmed with such a surprise family reunion. She had not heard from any of her blood-related uncles for years and now her 2nd uncle had miraculously appeared.

As dinner was served, The boys were all seated at their usual dining table positions but Taec was sitting  opposite Yubin instead of beside her.  

Uncle Yee then related how he had a hard time looking for JY and Yubin. "After I heard about the death of my brother and our family business, I tried to contact JY but found he had disappeared. So did my only surviving niece. You guys seemed to have left Seoul without any trace and it was really hard to track you down. But one day, out of nowhere, I see a handsome young man who appeared in my office and passed me a call from my long-lost brother, JY. Seems like my younger brother beat me to it. He found me first."

Yubin turned to JY. "So you have been searching for Yee Sam-chon all this while?"

"Yeah." JY nodded. "As well as your 3rd uncle but I still could not find him."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yubin asked.

"Because there was no real leads for so long on my search until I thought it was a lost cause. Your Yee Sam-chon changed his name to be only known as James Kim and how was I going to find a Kim JinYee that easily? I only tried my luck that he probably lived in London since he used to study in Cambridge and might just use his English name. And I was right. I sent Khun a few days ago to London track him down when I finally got some close lead. You know, your uncle is one of the partners of a famous huge law firm there." JY revealed.

Uncle Yee chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm not the famous one, Will my partner is the famous one. But I am really thankful that JY found me because like he said, we need to reunite and take our House of Jin back! The sad thing is.... I was never involved in the family's casino business and especially so when my father disowned me. All I can contribute is my monetary support and well, our legal advice."

"Your Yee Sam-chon is putting in $12million to start up our casino business." JY informed Yubin of the good news.

"It's not a lot but it's the most I can help.." Uncle Yee added.

It was good news. No, it was fantastic news. Her family, including her long-lost uncle reuniting to rebuild their family empire.

"Not only that but he's offering Taec to continue his masters in one of the best universities in  London." JY added, smiling proudly and giving Taec a fatherly tap on his shoulder.         

Yubin looked at Taec who smiled quietly as he ate his dinner. This time, she took a longer look at Taec. So Taec was going away for a while, a long while, years to be exact. The move came at an opportune time. A time when she needed to forget. To forget whatever happened between them.

But why was she feeling the ache of how much she was going to miss him already?

----

The meetings that JY held with Uncle Yee and Will, Minjun, Taec, Khun and Yubin discussing the start-up of the House of Jin casino in Nevada lasted continuously for 2 weeks.   Yubin had been throwing herself into work as the future Managing Director of the casino. It was only when she spotted Junho helping Taec pack his luggage in his room that Yubin realized Taec was going to leave for London the very next day. He was going to be away for 2-3years in another country far far away. A fact that Yubin had mix feelings about.

"Need help?" Yubin offered as she walked into Taec's room.

"Sure you can help, noona. I'm surprised you only asked now." Junho threw Yubin a bunch of Taec's underwear. "You can start by helping him pack this into his luggage."

It was not the first time she had packed the boys' underwear into their drawers but now suddenly she felt embarrassed touching and packing Taec's  underwear.  Junho noted the delay in her actions and had to ask.

"Ok, guys. What happen? You have not been talking or hanging out with each other for weeks and it's freakin weird." Junho let out loud his observation and asked. "Had a fight? A big one?"

Yubin shook her head but Taec nodded. But Junho seemed to believe Taec more than Yubin.

"So... what was the fight about?" Junho asked, thinking hard how these two might have gotten into a fight. Over a video game? A Q&A challenge? A running race? Which was it that could have such a hostility last weeks? It was ridiculous if it was any of those because these guys always bicker over such stuff and then end up being all buddy with each other pretty fast. Whatever it was, they better patch things up before Taec left the country.

Hearing no answer from the both of them, Junho ordered. "Well, you know what, guys? Whatever fight you had. It's time to bury the hatchet. I'm heading out of this room and when I see you two again, I wanna see you guys back to normal, goofing around with your arms around your shoulders again, ok?"

After Junho gave his order and left the room, shutting the door, Taec spoke first. "Well, at least I'm leaving at the right time, huh?"

"Did you volunteer to leave?" Yubin asked as this suspicion had been on her mind when JY first announced Taec was leaving with Uncle Yee to London. Of course he was the best candidate because Taec was the only one JY had plans to send him to further his studies and better still it was Law school he wanted too. But she felt that Taec's leaving had probably got to do with her mostly.

"You know very well I was picked." Taec stated as he took one of his underwear from Yubin's hands and folded it into his luggage.

"And do you want to leave in the first place?" Yubin had to ask.

Taec looked up at Yubin, his hands on his hips. "Do I have any reason not to?"

Yubin stood staring silently at him. She had no answer to that. Why would Taec want to stay and face the hostility between them? What? Did she expect him to stay for her? Whatever JY  planned for them, they usually never refused.

Taec moved closer to Yubin and asked her. "You don't want me to leave?"

Yubin looked away and distracted herself by taking another one of his underwear to fold.

Taec stood watching Yubin, hands in his pockets. He could feel how much he was going to miss her. Ever since she kissed him, he realized he had loved this girl more than he should. For years, he was so used to protecting her, comforting her and being always by her side. Yes, he should have just loved her like a sister and stop there but no, she had to kiss him and he had to kiss her back. She passionately his soul and turned his life into a chaos of confusion. It was frustrating to see her and not be reminded of it on a daily basis. So she did not know why she kissed him because she was too intoxicated. Well, not that intoxicated enough to know she was kissing him and not some stranger!

"Just tell me something, Yub. Tell me if these past weeks had worked well so far in forgetting what happened between us? Has it?" Taec probed, standing even closer to her now.

She could feel her heart racing as she felt his proximity. She was going to miss him, not just his fun and trusting presence but his scent, his hugs, his.....kisses. So no, she did not fare well in forgetting that incident between them. But why was he trying to force that awful truth out of her? He very well know they could not be in such a relationship.

So she firmly denied. "IT WAS A MISTAKE, TAEC! A mistake that needed forgetting, so yes, I don't remember about it already, ok!"

"Very well then. Very well." he stormed past her to his door but before he opened the door, as if he wanted to do one last thing before he ever saw her again, he turned around and pulled her in for a kiss. A sweet, tender one. As he pulled away from the kiss slowly, he gave his parting words.

 "Goodbye, Yubinnie."

Maybe it was just a kiss to prove her wrong. Or maybe he just wanted her to remember this one last time. 

A/N: The story will fast-forward to 4years later in the next chapter. Yes, I'm impatient. Oh, but good news is I made a story poster now. Sorry I couldn't really remember who did that y manip and wasn't sure who to credit. It was years ago.