Chapter 22

House of Revenge

As Yubin moved towards her seat in the plane, she found Seungheon fast asleep and she decided not to wake him up to let her through to her seat at the window. She turned to the 2 rows in front to see that Uncle Yee and Will were both busy reading the newspaper. She walked over and leaned down to ask Will "Hi Will, is it alright I have a short private moment with my uncle?"

The British smiled and nodded "By all means Yubin. I'll just sit with Wooyoung over there since he's alone."

"Thank you, Will." Yubin thanked as Will excused himself.

Uncle Yee looked at Yubin and cheerfully asked "What's up, sweetheart?"

 "Sam-chon..I understand you invited Seungheon as a surprise for me but..." Yubin said as she took the seat next to her uncle. "I thought I remember telling you I wished he wasn't here to get in between our family time?"

"Well, technically, he's a soon-to-be family member and I should at least meet the guy and check him out before he marries my niece right?" Uncle Yee explained.

Yubin stared at her uncle, trying to figure out if he was telling the truth. She decided to play along.

"So what's the verdict then? Is he husband material for me?" Yubin asked.

Uncle Yee turned his eyes away from Yubin and paused for a moment before he nodded. "He seemed to be good to you and I think that's good enough."

"Even if there's no love in the marriage?" Yubin ventured.

"Love is what ruins everything, Yubin!" Her Uncle Yee reminded her. "Didn't you hear my story of how LOVE ruined my ties with my family?! Do you want to do the same too?"

Yubin knew her uncle knew something and she asked. "Do I want to do the same?"

Uncle Yee lowered his voice so that even Chansung and Junho sitting behind them could not hear a thing. "Listen to me, sometimes love makes you do rash things you will regret. Don't make the same mistake I made. This could just be a silly impulse moment. A phase that will go away."

"You know? About me and..." Yubin gasped.

Uncle Yee sighed, laying his head back on the seat's headrest. "I went to visit the cabin one afternoon, thinking of surprising you two until I end up surprising myself when I saw through the window how you two were like a pair of lovebirds happily making lunch, nothing close to a pair of siblings."

This time Yubin rested her head on the headrest and sighed.

"I'm telling you that this could be a mistake you will both regret..." Uncle Yee added.

"Is that why you invited Seungheon and Jess?" Yubin asked. "So you can undo the 'mistake' we made?'

"Yes, but you should be glad I did not tell JY yet. Imagine what will happen if he finds out. If the rest of your brothers find out too. And your fiance as well. What do you expect to do, Yubin? Marry another man while having an affair with your brother?"

"I plan to cancel the wedding.." Yubin then added firmly but making sure her voice was soft and within ear-shot. "This thing with Taec was never an impulse silly moment, or a mistake, sam-chon. I loved Taec a long time ago. It was only now that we finally get to embrace the love we had developed over the years. And it is not even uous since there's no biological ties... so don't say that I'm having an affair with my brother. "

"It is still an affair, Yubin. You are after all engaged to someone else. Think about it." her uncle reminded softly.

Having nothing to say to that, Yubin stood up and walked back to her seat. Her heart sank at the last statement her uncle just shared with her. She then took out her phone and text Taec. "Sam-chon knows."

Turning to her sleeping fiance next to her, she whispered to Seungheon in apology. "Mianhe, oppa. Mianhe."

But Seungheon slept on, not hearing a word.

-----

Taec was glad to find that his room in the Northern England Alps Hotel was a twin-bedded one and he turned to ask Jessica.

"Which bed do you want to take?"

"I'll take the one nearer to the bathroom, thanks." she answered.

Taec moved his stuff on to the bed near the window and started unpacking his luggage.

"You are awfully quiet so far." Jessica highlighted while she unpacked her stuff too. "I take that my sudden presence was not very welcoming?"

Taec shook his head."No, Jess. You are not the problem."

"Look, Taec..." Jessica said. "I'm not asking for us to get back together. If you are still scared of that relationship , you don't have to worry. I came here as a friend. A friend who also missed you. And well,  we could still be friends who have vacation fun with each other since we are both single and not seeing anyone exclusively."

Taec sat down on his bed and looked at Jessica apologetically. "It's just different this time, Jess. I'm sorry but I do have feelings for someone else now. And I really didn't think Uncle Yee would arrange to have you join this vacation..."

Jessica sat down on her bed and had her hands on her head. "Oh my God. This is so embarrassing! Uncle Yee must have misunderstood you still had feelings for me! When it was actually someone else!"

She then stood up to pack her stuff back into her luggage.

"What are you doing?" Taec asked.

"I can't stay in this vacation, Taec. I'm sorry I came over."

"No. Don't do this." Taec held Jess' arm. "I should be the one apologizing. And you shouldn't face this embarrassment."

"And what do you expect us to do?"

"Just stay and enjoy the ski vacation... as friends. Just friends..." Taec added. "Without the benefits."

Jessica looked at Taec. "Wow, You are really serious about this girl this time, aren't you?"

Taec wondered if Jess was jealous or just surprised at his sudden commitment to someone now.

Then Jessica laughed. "I'm really curious who she is. Why didn't you invite her to this vacation instead?"

Taec thought about whether he should tell Jessica the truth. After all, Jess was not the scary jealous ex-girlfriend sort. She was not dumb to hang on to him for sure and had always maintained their friendship with no hard feelings.

"We just only started recently." He admitted which was also the truth anyway. "Look Jess, I'm sorry you got pulled into this and I don't want you to feel any uncomfortable. My family are a chill bunch and if you do not mind just having good ol family ski fun with us, just hang around, ok?"

After some thought, Jessica nodded.