Chapter 21

House of Revenge

The check in counter at the airport for the flight to the Northern England alps was surrounded by a group of 7 Koreans and a British. Taec was collecting everyone's passports to do a group check-in when suddenly another surprise guest appeared at the airport.

"Awesome! Looks like I made it on time!" It was Taec's ex-girlfriend. Jessica came rushing to join the group of 8 family members at the check-in counter.

"What are you doing here, Jess?" Taec was surprised. Yubin was surprised. Everyone was surprised but Uncle Yee and Will again.

"Oh. Uncle Yee invited me for the ski trip. Said you would love my company." Jess revealed.

Taec quickly looked at Uncle Yee who smiled at him. "Don't need to thank me, Taec. I saw how Jess was complaining the other day she never got a real vacation with you so I thought why not invite her to this big family vacation as well."

Uncle Yee then made introductions. "Guys, meet Jessica. Taecyeon's girlfriend."

As Yubin took in Uncle Yee's words in surprise, she caught Taec quickly shaking his head at her, denying he had nothing to do with any of this new arrangement.

Everyone swarmed around Jessica to shake her hand, including Yubin's fiance but who still held on to Yubin's waist when he shook Jessica's hand.

Jessica then stretched her hand to Yubin, greeting her. "You must be the sister? Yubin, right?"

Yubin nodded and greeted as she shook the hand of the pretty and fair girl. So, this was the girl who went stream fishing with Taec once.  And wasn't she an ex-girlfriend? So why was she now a NOW girlfriend? Was Taec lying to her all this while? 

Uncle Yee then hooked an arm over Yubin's shoulder and added."At least Yubin's not the only rose among the thorns now! I know you and Jess will get along well."

Yubin smiled politely at Jess and took one more glance at a reluctant Taec checking in Jessica's luggage and felt her heart sank, wondering if she was disappointed in him or herself for all these complicated scenarios now. After the check-in was over, Yubin let  Seungheon take her by the hand  to a nearby Gucci boutique.

While shopping aimlessly in Gucci, Yubin picked up a bag to take a look.

"You like that?" Seungheon asked her. "I can get it for you."

Yubin shook her head. "No, oppa. I'm just browsing."

"I could get you a discount if you need anything here." Jessica's voice rang just next to Yubin.

Yubin turned to a friendly Jessica to find her alone, nowhere near Taec.

"It's ok. I have nothing in mind now." Yubin smiled.

"Ok. When you have something in mind, just let me know. I can get you a discount in most of the fashion stores here." Jessica offered.

"Wow, are you a regular VIP at these stores?" Seungheon asked.

"Nah. I'm just a fashion editor so I get a media discount." Jessica offered.

Jessica's revelation raised curiosity in Yubin.

"How long have you lived in London?" Yubin asked.

"About 5 years."

"So when did you meet Taec?" Yubin dug further.

"Oh. About 3 years ago too. I met him around the time I found a job in a publication house. I actually knew him through your other brother, Khun and his girlfriend, Tiffany when they came to visit London 3 years ago. Tiff and I go way back in elementary school in LA." Jessica revealed.

And I knew nothing about this? Khunnie and Tiff were match-makers? Yubin thought to herself.

Jessica might have sensed Yubin's cluelessness and gave thought that Taec and his sister probably was not very close. She admitted to Yubin. "Honestly, Taec never spoke of a sister and I was really surprised when Uncle Yee revealed he had a sister. I must say, I'm even more surprised now because based on what Uncle Yee told me about you, I can't imagine he never mentioned that he had a capable sister who runs a casino. And... you are really pretty."

"Haha.. Did you hear that, baby? And I'm a lucky man to be engaged to her." Seungheon added proudly as he held Yubin closer. "Jessica, can I have the permission to borrow your discount and get my fiancee a nice engagement present?"

"Of course!" Jessica smiled brightly.

"You don't have to get me anything, oppa." Yubin objected.

"But I insist. An engagement ring is not enough." Seungheon insisted and moved to pick up the bag Yubin looked at earlier.

But Yubin snatched the bag from her fiance and put it back to the original position. "I already said I don't want it!" she stated firmly before she walked out of the store.

-------

How long was she going to go through this guilt torture of a vacation? Yubin sat looking out the window in the plane as she thought about how she hated that her fiance was still treating her well and that Taec's girlfriend seemed like a nice and friendly person. Hated how she was starting to feel a tinge of regret that she and Taec had gotten together, and were going to hurt the nice people around them. She had received a text from Taec earlier, after she left the Gucci store, explaining to her that he was not aware of Jess' sudden appearance and that she was not his current girlfriend as Uncle Yee claimed her to be. Yubin believed him but something was bothering her and she needed to discuss it with Taec. Texting him was not enough.

Taec sat at the aisle seat 2 rows behind Yubin and Seungheon in the Business class area in the plane. He noted that Jessica beside him was dozing off and he planned on texting Yubin again. But before he could text, he found Yubin getting out of her seat and walked towards him. She only glanced at him with a slight bob of her head as she walked by him. He found her moving past the business class' occupied lavatory and headed toward economy class. But she did not stop at any of the lavatories until the very last one at the end of the plane. Taec knew immediately she wanted to rendezvous there. He stood up and followed suit.

Upon reaching the last lavatory at the end of the plane, Taec found himself pulled inside the small cubicle with Yubin. Shutting the door tight behind him, he faced a serious-looking Yubin.

"Why would Yee sam-chon think she's your girlfriend when you don't? And she doesn't seem to deny it as well" Yubin asked quietly.

"He must have misunderstood when he saw her in my office recently. I told you we were still friends. We bumped into each other and I just invited her to my office for coffee. He must have thought we got back together then." Taec explained.

"And why is she still playing girlfriend if you said you are just friends?"

"I don't know. I spoke to her earlier and it seemed Uncle Yee told her something like I missed her and would love to have her over to join me in this vacation if she still felt the same way about me. I am wondering what made him think that!"

Yubin folded her arms and took her time to think.

"You think Uncle Yee knows something?" Taec helped her.

"It's weird how he's arranging all this but I don't want to jump into conclusions. " Yubin added.

"Me too but we have to prepare ourselves in case he knows something about us, Yub."

Yubin looked at Taec sadly, as she shared his suspicion as well. To comfort her, Taec leaned in to kiss her. Great, just what she needed. Yubin found herself pulling him for a deeper kiss.

-----

9 minutes later, Yubin emerged from the lavatory, adjusting her clothes and hair, trying as much to clear any evidence of a quickie she just had in the cubicle earlier.  She walked down the aisle calmly and found Jessica walking towards her. Yubin adjusted herself once more as she approached closer to Jessica.

"I'm sorry. Have you seen Taec?" Jessica asked.

"Nope.." was Yubin's immediate reply.

"Oh! There he is." Jessica noted over Yubin's shoulder, catching Taec a few feet away from them.

Taec paused in his tracks when he saw Jessica and Yubin in conversation in the middle of the aisle. He looked down to the zipper in his pants to check if anything was undone but luckily it was all normal. Nothing to incriminate him of the quickie in the lavatory.

A/N: Updating for the sake of updating...