Chapter 13

House of Revenge

She knew he was embarrassed about his 'reaction' and he was pretending to sleep now. Honestly, Yubin did not want to embarrass Taec as well as herself for their actions.... AGAIN. She sat up from the rug and took the blanket nearby to cover Taec.  Gosh, she molested Taec, didn't she? She slapped her forehead, silently scolding herself. What was she thinking, having these thoughts about him again? 4 freaking years apart from each other did not seemed to help at all. Well, if only he did not still look this handsome, still being the dependable guy who saved her life once again, still the same guy she missed having around, urgh, she would not be having such tempting thoughts of wanting him so badly. Damn it! Yubin shook her head as she tried to gather herself to be less dependent on Taec. She needed to be able to take care of herself  and not ruin Taec's vacation. She remembered him telling her off for being a spoiled brat who knew nothing about hiking. She tried to get up on her feet. Her sprained ankle was still painful so she stood up slowly and tried to balance herself with a chair nearby. She realized she could still walk little steps as long as she endured the slight pain every step she took. Moving herself to the kitchen, she opened the refrigerator and found it stocked up with lots of meat and vegetables. She found her stomach growling and realized it was already past 6pm and she had not eaten since they started the hike in the late morning.

She took out some steaks and vegetables and dug in the fridge again for some beer. She smiled at some recipe she had in her mind and could not wait to marinate the meat. She saw some marinates  of Western and Eastern recipes and took them out as well. As she turned around to see her selection of food on the kitchen counter, she looked up to check on Taec who seemed to have disappeared from the rug near the fireplace. He was standing a few feet away with his back to her, putting his clothes back on.

"Hey..." Yubin called out. "You slept well?"

Taec turned around to look at her after he got dressed. He looked a little embarrassed. "Were you ok with me hugging you half ?"

Yubin chuckled. "I know you were trying to warm me up with your body heat. Thank you, Taec. I'm feeling much better now."

But he still looked like he was feeling awful and she knew he was embarrassed with his more than his half-ness. Of course, she was going to ignore that incident and pretended she did not see his rock-hard bulge at all. She herself needed to not think about it too.

"Hey, guess what! I'm making dinner. I made it to the kitchen without you carrying me." Yubin bragged.

"You shouldn't strain your injured ankle, Yub." Taec said.

He then moved closer to her and lifted her up on a kitchen stool. Yubin was caught by surprise by that sudden move but Taec did not seemed to have caught on to her reaction as he lifted her foot up to check on her injury. He massaged lightly on her ankle and turned her ankle around carefully, asking her if it was painful.

Yubin nodded on one spot and then he suggested. "I think we need to get you to a hospital."

"What? No!!" Yubin surprised herself with that immediate objection. She was no spoilt brat who could not bear with a light injury."I'm fine. It's just a slightly twisted ankle which I can still move about without any clutches. And how are you going to send me to the hospital? Carry me through the woods again?"

"It's only a 2-hour hike, Yub. I'm fine with it. I just don't want your ankle to get worse."

"It wasn't easy carrying me through the thick snow, Taec. I'm going to be fine. This is a rare vacation and I'm not going to ruin it. Look at all the food we have here. And I can still make myself useful by cooking dinner. Trust me." Yubin insisted.

Taec looked at her and shook his head. "You can't cook standing up throughout. You need to give your ankle a rest too or else it'll get worse."

"Ok, you know what. I will do the sitting down stuff. Like cutting the vegetables and marinating the meat. While you do the grilling and frying. Does that help?"

Taec drew a slow smile and Yubin knew she won the negotiation. Still sitting on the stool, she reached out to take the steaks and start marinating them with the sauces she picked out. Taec remembered Yubin's fusion marinate in the past and he felt his hunger pangs cried out.

"I'm sorry I called you a spoilt brat, Yub.. I really didn't mean it." he apologized. He knew that was a comment that was not justified especially to someone who actually did a lot to take care of 6 brothers. It was a remark coming out of a some unintended jealousy. Jealous that her fiance spoiled her like a princess. But Yubin deserved a man who took care and pampered her anyway.

She shook her head as she concentrated on her marinate. "I'm ok, Taec. I think I'm more offended with your comment that you left me because you did not want me kissing you whenever I'm drunk." Yubin revealed honestly.

Now Taec looked even more guilty. "Sorry...Once again, I didn't mean that..."

And as if to get away from further guilt-trip, Taec changed the subject. "I'm going to take a shower now. I'll help you with dinner in a while."

Yubin nodded and watched him take his backpack and walked towards a room.

Then a thought hit her.

She needed a shower badly too because she smelt of frozen dirty lake water. But how was she going to shower with her injured ankle now?

As Taec took his hot shower, he wondered how Yubin was going to shower later with her injury. He would need to help her again....to undress and what? Keep his from appearing again? .. . He rubbed the shampoo hard over his head in frustration as flashes of Yubin in those white lace undies invaded his mind. And how he had kissed her a few times in the cold wood to keep her lips moist earlier.  Not forgetting how she treated him back tenderly when they were in each other's arms. How was he going to control himself from not wanting her? Yet, he knew he would want to take good care of her especially with her injury now.

When Taec came out of his room dressed in a fresh long-sleeved t-shirt and long slacks, he moved to the living room to pick up Yubin's backpack.

"I'll put your stuff in your room..." he informed.

Yubin looked up from cutting her vegetables and before she could reply, Taec had already tossed her bag over his shoulder and headed toward a room next to his. Taec left her backpack on her bed and moved out of her room, only to find her limping towards him with the hiking cane he gave her.

" Well, at least this cane came to good use now. I need a shower..I stink." Yubin stated. Taec walked toward her to help her but she waved him away. "I think I can help myself."

"You sure?" Taec asked.

Yubin gave him a thumb-up as she staggered to her room and sat on her bed to pull out her toiletries and some fresh underwear and clothes. Taec watched her from her doorway as she found her hands full and figuring how to hold her cane now. He moved to her and carried her clothes as he held her by the arm.

"I will just help you to the bathroom and that's all." Taec suggested and Yubin this time did not reject the offer. He left her sitting by the edge of the bathtub and then he scratched his head.

"Ermm.. I think I need to wrap your bandage with some waterproof film wrap. I'll go grab some in the kitchen. Wait for me here." Taec dashed out and within minutes, came back with the film which he carefully wrapped around Yubin's bandaged ankle.

Yubin watched sweet Taec taking care of her again and could not help missing him even more. When Taec was done with the film, he asked if she needed anything else.

It was on the tip of to ask him to help her with the removal of her pants again but she better not. As if they had not seen enough of each other's underwear already. Also, she needed to be as independent as possible. So she shook her head.

"Just shout for me if you need help, Yubinnie. I don't want you to hurt yourself, alright."  Taec advised before he walked out of the bathroom and shut the door tight.