Chapter 26

House of Revenge

55 year-old Yang Hyuk was businessman who was proud of his own legacy. He ran The House of Yang casino and integrated resort which was now the biggest in Korea, thanks to the over-taking of their biggest rival House of Jin 9 years ago. But that was not much of his doing but his father's. He prided himself as doing business with well-planned strategies, unlike his father's so-called violent methods. Though it was his late father whose ruthlessness that got them the House of Jin, Yang Hyukmade a promise to himself that he would never do such lowlife methods of killing others to gain power. His father must have paid for his deadly sins of killing the capable heirs of the House of Jin by giving in to lung cancer. Now it was left to Yang Hyuk to keep this monopoly of casinos under the power of The House of Yang. Years ago when his father's men did not managed to kill all of the remaining House of Jin blood family, the duty was given to Yang Hyuk to trace the remaining members, especially the young heiress but Yang Hyuk was not interested in that hunt. He told his father that the remaining members of House of Jin would play no harm to House of Yang anymore now that they have conquered whatever that was left of them in Korea. Their focus should be on building their casino empire until they were the biggest monopoly that even as the young heiresscame back with an army, they were of no rival to The House of Yang now.

But things had changed some years ago and got Yang Hyuk on his ruthless business strategic planning ways to make sure the House of Jin rightful heiress did not come back to challenge him for the take-back of The House of Jin casino. It was at his father's deathbed that the older Mr Yang told his son a secret. A secret weapon powerful enough to bring down The House of Yang.But that only the heiress of House of Jin had the right to use it.

"I had professionals investigating this rumored secret owned by the House of Jin and I'm still very sure it is a powerful threat to us, son. You have to continue investigating to find out what this secret is." the dying casino tycoon related to his only son.

Yang Hyuk obeyed his father's dying wish and got his lawyers to continue the investigation. What his lawyers managed to find outyears later was that it was something the grandfather of the existing House of Jin heiress had entrusted his lawyers to only release to his only grand-daughter Kim Yubin after she turned 27. Yang Hyuk's lawyers could not find out what was it that could only be entrusted to this heiress and no one else but the lawyers guessed this release of the secret was probably done so only if his most trusted eldest son had died, and whose death had already been settled by Yang Hyuk's father. Yang Hyuk worked his brain on what powerful secret this was and gathered that it was impossible it was the crimes of his father's murder deeds as this would be out by now and not until the heiress turned 27. It had to be some kind of treasure or money worth billions or trillions.

And that was when Yang Hyuk started tracing on the whereabouts of Kim Yubin and her adopted uncle, JY. It was an easy task to find them because apparently the pair had already successfully launched a brand new casino in Vegas called Casino Gold Dust.

After 2 years of keeping taps on the young heiress, Yang Hyuk was flipping through the daily newspaper In the office of his mansion on the hills in southern Seoul when his secured phone rang. The man picked up the phone on the second ring with a smile, expecting to hear some good news.

"Hello"

"Godfather, it's me."

"Yes, I know it's you. This line is only secured for you."

"I, ah, I have some bad news..."

Yang Hyuk did not like the sound of it. His godson had always had an air of confidence and this was not sounding like him at all.

"Spit it out like a man then!" Yang Hyuk let out his impatience.

"She... cancelled the wedding."

"Cancelled the wedding in Seoul? Or she wants to hold it somewhere else now?"

"No, sir... She cancelled everything. The marriage. She's breaking up with me."

Yang Hyuk had stood up from his reclining chair now.

"What is this nonsense, Seungheon!? I thought you had everything covered! You said she was totally in love with you!"

"She's just not in the right mood now, I guess. Her brother had betrayed the family and got ousted from the household. The family is in no mood for wedding celebrations now."

"Well, then postpone the wedding. Why cancel it?"

"I told her that but she was determined to end it. She does not want to stay in a ..a.. loveless relationship with me."

"Is she in love with someone else?"

"I don't know... she's not telling and there are no signs of another man too."

"Then work your charms again and win her back, Seungheon! Do it better now and get that marriage on the way again!"

"Why can't we settle with just the business merger, Godfather?" Seungheon pleaded.

"Because a merger will not get me what I want! Because only when she becomes a Yang then we will have the full hold of the House of Jin! I told you very clearly this is what I want and no questions asked!" the older man raged.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore. She obviously doesn't love me and I'm tired of always being the one giving and giving and getting nothing in return!" Seungheon argued back.

"Well, I did not save you from the streets when you were a juvenile so you could easily give up on the one mission I ever entrusted to you!  You are the bloody casino king I made so you do not bite the very hand that feed you, Seungheon! You get her back and get her back in Korea as Mrs Yang Seungheon before she turns 27!" The godfather laid his ultimatum to his only godson and slammed the phone down.

Seungheon trembled with anger as his godfather hung up on him. He held his mobile phone tight to the point he was sure he was going to crush it soon. He laughed at the coincidence of the choice of words his godfather had used which he had used on Taec just the day before. When Yubin was determined to end the marriage, Seungheon was actually half-relieved he may not have to continue his mission of marrying a woman who did not love him. He gave his loyalty to Yang Hyuk when the then-casino heir had saved him from getting beaten to death by gangsters in California one dark day 20years ago. Yang Hyuk had craved for a son but his wife had not given him any except daughters. Until he met the badly beaten homeless Seungheon on the streets of San Francisco during a business trip that he decided he had found the son he had ever wanted. While Seungheon's loyalty to his godfather was unquestionable, he was now frustrated with the demands of this mission.

Yang Hyuk was proud of his godson on most days but he was disappointed with him on this when he had always known Seungheon with his good looks and charm would have no problem getting any woman. The boy never disappointed him, from building a small casino to a medium one in Vegas and still pledged his loyalty to his godfather in Korea. So he was confident Seungheon would succeed in getting Kim Yubin back again. Like Yang Hyuk had always told his wife, "I told you I do not adopt just any Tom or Harry." Back then, Yang Hyuk did not adopt Seungheon legally because of his wife's objection to an 18-year-old troubled teenager but Yang Hyuk fed and groomed Seungheon until the boy became one of the very few successful Asian casino kingpins in Las Vegas. The adoption of Seungheon into the Yang family registry will only take place after the successful marriage and divorce between Seungheon and Yubin. Kim Yubin would never know she was marrying a Yang, the very enemy who kill her family until it was too late. With Yubin married to a Yang, Seungheon and the House of Yang will have a share to that "secret treasure" she was entitled to since Seungheon and Yubin had agreed before they would sign pre-nuptials agreement to share half of each other's assets. Since Song Dynasty assets represent only 10% of the House of Yang Group, she would not gain much from that but The House of Yang with their current monopoly in Korea, on the other hand would rule the world with their new combined wealth after taking half of Yubin's inherited assets. There was no way The House of Jin would ever overpower the House of Yang once they were married.

A/N: Are people still reading this?