Chapter 14

House of Revenge

Yubin sat in the dry bathtub as she removed her track pants and her underwear. The rest of her clothes she took off effortlessly as well and she was proud of herself. Now all that was  left to do was to stand up to take the showerhead and turn on the water.

Taec went to the kitchen to find that Yubin had finished cutting most of the vegetables and he just needed to boil them. He went on to busy himself with the rest of the cooking but at the same time, he kept his ears open on the bathroom. The water had been running and he assumed Yubin had managed to get herself eventually.  After some time, he heard the water stopped running for some 30minutes and yet Yubin was still not out yet. He was starting to worry if she fell down or she was just having a hard time putting on her clothes. He lowered the heat on the grill with the steaks on before he went to the closed bathroom door to checked on her.

"Yub! You doing ok?" He called out.

No answer.

"Yubinnie?" he tried again. Damn it. He slowly opened the door, half-worrying he might catch  Yubin fainted on the floor or...... a Yubin trying to get her clothes on.

Instead he found her still in the tub, lying comfortably in warm soaked water with her bandaged foot up resting on the edge of the tub. She had earphones on and he realized she found his ipod in the bathroom and was listening to it. He quickly shut the door quietly again, relieved she was fine and that he did not see her completely because her body was in the bathtub, except her bare leg with a bandage. 20 minutes later, Yubin finally emerged from the bathroom, all dressed in casual PJs and wiping her hair with a towel while her other hand held her balance with the hiking cane.

"Sorry I took so long in the bathroom." She apologized after seeing Taec had dutifully laid out their dinner on the dining table already. "I was worried about slipping while standing up to shower so I thought I might as well lie down and enjoy a hot soak instead."

"Yeah. I was a little worried why you took so long." Taec disclosed. "I call out to you but you did not answer."

"I'm sorry I was listening to your ipod and probably didn't hear you.." Yubin then wondered and asked him. "Oh, did you go and check on me?"

Taec flushed in embarrassment. "I only took a peek through the door, worried you might have fallen down and fainted, that's all. I swear I did not go further in the bathroom when I realized you were just relaxing in your soaked bath."

Yubin chuckled at Taec's flushing red ears. Gosh, she missed that about him too. She used to always tease or troll him on purpose during their younger days and she knew she won when she saw his ears turned bright red. She decided to spare him the embarrassment. She knew he would not do something erted like sneak in on his sister.

SISTER. Why did she fear this word? She kissed him, knowing well he was a brother to her but she still had not stopped there, even dreaming of making love to him at times. She was the sick one . Wait a minute, she was not that sick since they were not even real siblings. They were not uous at all.

Just eat your food, Yubin. She told herself.

"The food looks great!" she changed the bathroom subject and sat down, ready to savage her steak. "I'm famished."

Taec was glad to start eating too. He took a bite from the steak and reminisce it was indeed Yubin's recipe meat.

"God, I miss your special marinates, Yub." Taec blurted out. "Did you mix western and Korean marinates again?"

Yubin was flattered as she took a bite, enjoying her meat as well. "Not just that. You need to know the proportionate amount to put as well as other spices like black pepper and other spices. And I must say, I'm proud you still remember to grill the meat the right way I liked."

They chatted about old times and soon finished their meal. Taec offered to clean the dishes alone. But Yubin insisted they do it together as she pulled the stool next to the sink. Taec gave in to her and let her wipe the plates and cutlery dry.

When they were done with the dishes, Yubin took a cold bottle of beer from the refrigerator and sat down on the sofa in the living room. She spotted Taec's slight frown when she took the beer.

"You know beer can't get me drunk at all, Taec. I'm not going to do anything drastic." She reminded.

She was feeling more comfortable chatting with him since the last hour or so, which they seemed to be back to their honest, no-holds-bar conversation always already.

 He helped himself with a bottle of beer and sank down on the sofa next to her. There were days in the past where Yubin and he would watch TV on the couch at home and she ended up falling asleep on his shoulder after which he would carry her to her bed and tuck her in. Now he just needed to pray he would not add a kiss goodnight and if she kissed him back, he couldn't guarantee he wouldn't go further into that forbidden passionate zone with her.

They were now watching the famous British drama series, Sherlock on TV and Yubin raised a curious question to Taec on the drama show.

"Do you seriously think Sherlock Holmes never had any girlfriends before?"

"He only had one woman and that was Irene Adler. There's a reason why he called her The Woman." Taec gave his thoughts on the one woman everyone knew Sherlock was so challenged by her wits he was definitely attracted to her and no one else.

"But yet he seemed to resist her. Honestly, can any straight man really control himself especially with such an attractive woman seducing him?" Yubin wondered aloud.

"Well, that's true, I would bed an Irene Alder anytime." Taec admitted. But then he wondered if he was actually a Sherlock himself for his ability to resist Yubin to the extent of even flying to a faraway country. If Irene was Sherlock's "The Woman", could Yubin be Taec's? That The Woman was the only one who could ever stir up the feelings of a man enough for him to resist her so that he would not fall deep into the wrong trap?

Yubin suddenly cut Taec's thoughts as she had another question which concerned his so-called non-committal attitude towards relationships instead. "So tell me, what is this rumor I hear from the boys about your serial dating ways?"

Instead of admitting, Taec decided to challenge Yubin back. "And what is this rumor I heard about you marrying a serial dater yourself?"

But Yubin managed to counter back. "So are you saying I'm marrying someone like you, Taec?"

"There's nothing wrong with serial dating, Yub. At least it is not two-timing." Taec defended.

"Well then, there's nothing wrong with me marrying a serial-dating oppa then." Yubin faced the TV again, as if uncomfortable to talk further about her fiance.

They remained silent for a long while before Taec spoke again.

"Do you love him?"

A/N: Is this considered a cliff-hanger?