Chapter 17

House of Revenge

As Taec busied himself with the fish in the kitchen, Yubin excused herself to her room. He had been quiet throughout the walk back to the cabin and Yubin wondered if he was as conflicted as she was too. It was probably her fault again. Why couldn't she be happy for him, even if he wanted to continue his non-committal relationship ways? She wanted him to find happiness with someone who could love and take care of him. Yubin sat on her bed as she realized her phone had been blinking at the bedside table. She did not bring the phone to the fishing trip earlier. She reached over to the phone to find 5 missed calls from Seungheon and a text saying "Call me. I miss you."

Guilt swarmed over her as she realized she had not given her fiance a call ever since arriving in London. She remembered only texting him she arrived safely in London at the airport while claiming her baggage and that was it. He might be worried so she returned his call.

"Oppa.." she greeted as her fiance picked up on the 3rd ring. "Sorry I did not call you."

"Yubin ah.. Finally I hear your voice." Seungheon's relieved voice replied."I was wondering if you were enjoying yourself too much and I thought I'll just let you but it's been like 4 days and no sound so I got worried. Are you ok?"

Yubin wondered if she should report to him about her injured ankle but decided not to. "I'm fine. I guessed I enjoyed myself too much I forgot to call." She contradicted herself.

"Really? So tell me what you have been up to?" Her fiance probed.

Well, apart from twisting an ankle, falling into a frozen river, picking fights with Taec and having all these strong feelings for him...

Of course Yubin refrained herself from that kind of admission so she told Seungheon. "Oh, ah..today we went fishing and caught a big fish!"

"That's awesome, baby!" her fiance exclaimed. "You know what. One of these days we could go on a fishing trip ourselves too. On my yacht. Haha, now that you have the fishing skills already...."

Yubin was not really listening to her fiance as he went on talking. She was watching Taec approaching her room, with a concerned look.

"I miss you, Yubin." She heard her fiance tell her.

"I, er,....." Yubin realized she could not return her fiance's words the right way. Taec was by now standing at her doorway, looking at her, wondering who she was talking to. "I gotta go, oppa . Talk to you later." she added before she hung up.

Yubin then picked up some fresh clothes. "Gotta shower." she announced as she passed by Taec.

But he took her by the arm. "We need to talk." Taec told her. "After you shower."

Yubin nodded. Yeah, they should.

-----

After changing into comfortable tee and slacks, Yubin approached Taec who was slicing up the fish in the kitchen. She stood next to him as he passed a slice of fish fillet onto a oven tray in front of her.

"Work your magic, Yub." He told Yubin.

Yubin smiled at the compliment and took some salt, pepper and basil and spread them over the fish slices. After she was done, Taec moved the tray to the oven to bake it.

"Ok, my turn to shower." Taec announced and took off his top as he turned to head towards the bathroom but he bumped into Yubin in the narrow kitchen walkway. She nearly tripped backward and Taec grabbed her waist to keep her balance. Yubin gasped at her sudden proximity with a topless Taec again. He then leaned in so close to her face she would not be surprised if they stole a kiss again.

But Taec leaned over her shoulder as he lifted her by the waist and propped her on the high kitchen stool. "Sit tight. We'll talk in a while." he ordered before he moved away heading to the bathroom. Less than 10 minutes later, Taec was out of the shower in a fresh pair of clothes. His thick hair was wet and messy but Yubin hated how she actually found it kinda y.

"I'm sorry I was a to you earlier today.." Yubin started the talk as Taec walked to her still sitting obediently on the stool he sat her in.

Taec ruffled the top of his head as if it was his manly way of drying his wet hair.

"But you were right. I can't stay in a relationship too long because I couldn't commit." he was not going to make a big deal out of it.

"Why Taec? Why can't you just give yourself a chance with someone long term and let yourself be happy?" Yubin scolded.

"The same reason you can't let yourself be happy... marrying someone you don't love!" he shot back. His face so close they were almost nose to nose.

"And I would be happier how so?" Yubin challenged.

"By letting go! By letting go of what happened 4 years ago! But you know what, I'm done with trying to let go. I can't let go. No matter how hard I try and how many girls I date, I can't freaking let go of you!" Angry Taec let it all out. His breath so close Yubin could smell some light beer.

This was not drunk talk. It was truth or dare.

Yubin stared into his eyes as she had to make a choice. Agree with him or daringly shut him up by kissing the hell out of him.

Finally she admitted in tears. "You think I don't want to let go as well?! As long as you exist in my life, I can never let go! I can't!"

Taec grabbed her face and kissed her fiercely. Yubin kissed him back as passionately. Her hands raked his thick wet hair, messing it up further. He pulled her hips closer to him as she wrapped her legs around his rear.

He broke free from the kiss for a moment as he confessed "You are The Woman for me, Yubinnie."

Yubin smiled as she remembered the Sherlock theory and what Taec meant by that. She gladly pulled him back to kiss again, this time taking their time savoring their never-ending kiss. Taec effortlessly lifted her up as he carried her into his bedroom, not breaking their kiss for a second. They were stuck now this time as they finally gave in to their desires and love for each other, connecting their bodies through endless passionate pleasure. Making love had never felt this fulfilling to the both of them. It was too late for any regrets now. They had gone past deep this time.