Chapter 27

House of Revenge

6 months later

It was 11pm and she was dead tired. Locking up her office, she walked out to the lush corridor towards the elevator when her phone rang. She dug through her handbag to pick up the call.

"What's up, Khunnie?" Yubin asked the casino's International Business Director.

"We have a situation, Yubin." her brother reported.

"Which pain in the VIP is causing trouble in my casino this time? Is it that annoying dirty old Chinese man, Mr Chan? Didn't I ban him from here already?" Yubin guessed.

"Nope.." Khun continued. "This one's an awfully drunk VIP and ah...we think he will only behave if you come over."

"Oh God... please don't tell me it's..."

"Yup.At VIP Room 888 now. Get your down here, sis!" Khun instructed.

Yubin arrived at Room 888 and found her drunk ex-fiance with his arms around 2 girls and his feet on the Baccarat table. Her worried female dealer looked at Yubin, wondering how her boss was going to save the day.

"Madam, Mr Song here has eaten one of our casino card." The Pit manager reported to Yubin.

Yubin turned to Khun who nodded and reported. "He ate the  King of Hearts. Obviously refusing to recognize the card that lost him the game."

"No, Khun!" Seungheon disagreed loudly. "Eating the King of Hearts is not as bad as how your sister ate MY heart! She shredded my heart and ate it like I did to that card earlier."

Yubin shook her head at that ridiculous remark. "Gosh, Seungheon! You are drunk! You don't eat a casino card. You are a casino owner yourself! You know damn well the rules! You want to lose your casino license?!"

Seungheon stood up, away from his 2 female companions and stood close to Yubin, his breath smelling strongly of hard liquor. "I will very well lose my casino license then! I lost you so there's nothing to lose."

Yubin stared at the ex-fiance she never knew could become such a hung-up man. She thought he would be the sort who could move on like a bullet train after a break-up. For some months after the break-up she had heard and seen him with different girls and occasionally he would visit her at her casino, but mostly when he was drunk.

"Oppa, please. Stop this already." Yubin tried the gentle method by holding his face. Seungheon hugged her, missing her badly.

Yubin's security guards immediately reacted as they were trained. They swiftly removed the drunk patron away from their Casino Director. 

"it's ok, guys." Yubin told her guards. "Leave us alone for now. Everyone. Close the table and leave the room. Let me talk to our guest alone and then I will have a meeting with all of you later on the situation."

Everyone, including the 2 female guests of Seungheon's obeyed Yubin's instructions and left Yubin and Seungheon alone in the VIP room.

"I miss you, baby..." Seungheon continued his lovesick drunk stupor as he leaned towards Yubin again but she held him at arm's length.

"Oppa, you need to stop all these drinking habits and take care of your casino like you always did in the past. What happened to that confident capable man I knew then?" Yubin reminded.

"His woman left him and made him all weak, that's what happened!" Seungheon revealed.

"At this rate you are going crumble your own casino anytime soon, Seungheon." Yubin stated, shaking her head.

"Marry me and we can save it again." Seungheon suggested cheekily.

Yubin let out a loud sigh and face-palmed herself, realizing it was useless talking to a drunk man now.

------

Yang Hyuk was not a happy man after hearing the latest report from his lawyers in Vegas. The Song Dynasty casino business was losing millions, thanks to his godson's negligence for the last 6 months. At first Seungheon tried to convince him it was an act real enough to win Yubin back but after 6 months, the old man was not convinced the pity act was going to work.

"We need a plan B! I don't think Seungheon's gonna get the girl back at this rate." Yang Hyuk highlighted to his right-hand man, Ted, his English-educated secretary who also played a huge role in training Seungheon to be the casino king he was now.

"Perhaps we should concentrate on finding out what the secret the heiress is getting. Who knows it could be just something not even worth that much." Ted suggested.

"My lawyers have been investigating for years already!"

"Yes, but if we get better lawyers, we might get better results. Result of what exactly the secret is."

"My lawyers are already the best in the country."

"Well, not if you get one with insider knowledge of the House of Jin... or rather someone who used to work for them."

"Who?"

-----

"Chairman Yang, your guest has arrived." Yang Hyuk's P.A., announced to him and Ted who were waiting patiently in the office.

"Show him in, Miss Lee." Yang Hyuk said.

The tall handsome young man dressed in a smart Armarni suit strode into the casino's kingpin's office in Seoul. Facing his ex-lover's sworn enemy, Taec confidently displayed a business like smile upon seeing the famously ruthless middle-aged casino tycoon.

"You must be Taecyeon." Yang Hyuk stood up and stretched his hand out.

"Yes, Mr. Yang." Taec shook the older man's hand firmly. "Thank you for inviting me..though I have no idea how I can be of service to you since you already have the best lawyers in town."

"Ted here tells me you are one well-known legal advisor business consultant. " Yang Hyuk revealed.

"You are flattering me. My firm is only half a year old." Taec replied modestly.

"Haha..it's not how good your firm is but how famous you are..." Yang Hyuk chuckled as he poured 3 glasses of Martell and offered a glass to Taec before adding. "You are the famous Judas of the House of Jin."

Taec lost his smile. Obviously that was a sarcastic compliment based on his famous greedy traitor scandal.

Yang Hyuk laughed heartily at Taec's change of expression. "But you know what. I need smart people like you. The ones who are too smart that they can't just work for enough but crave for more... And that is why I wanna hire you."

"You wanna hire a traitor? One who could do the same to you?" Taec raised his eyebrow as he accepted the drink.

"Yup! One who would work his off for the money I'm offering and which he would find it hard to reject. In fact, I trust people who work for money more than people who work for....." Yang Hyuk took a gulp of his liquor. "....FAMILY."