Chapter 3

House of Revenge

5 years later, Los Angeles, USA

She stretched out to hit the alarm clock as a habit and buried her face back into her pillow. Most days, Yubin would wake up immediately and go round waking up the rest of the boys but she was too tired.  She was up all night trying to put those curlers on her hair so her hair would look gorgeous when she attends her graduation ceremony the next day.

“!” She sat up immediately when she remembered it was her graduation day. Well, not just hers but Khunnie’s graduation day as well. Both of them attended the same university, along with the 3 younger boys, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung. Minjun and Taecyeon attended different universities and had graduated not too long ago.

Yubin scrambled to her feet as she ran out of her room, heading to the room opposite her room which was Taecyeon’s but she found it empty. She then turned to the next room where Minjun always had it locked but it was wide open and empty as well. The bathroom door in the hallway swung open and a freshly showered Junho stepped out. How were the boys awake earlier than her? She was always the one who had to wake them up.

 “Noona, don’t bother. Go wash up. They are all awake and at the breakfast table waiting for you.” Junho told her, as he walked past her.

“All of them?” she asked Junho to be sure since it was a rare occasion her boys were this punctual in waking up and having breakfast. Junho nodded and gave her a thumb-up.

After washing up, Yubin walked to the dining table where indeed all of the boys were waiting for her and JY as well. Taec was wearing an apron and cooking up some breakfast. She was surprised they were breaking routine. They hardly have breakfast together as most of the boys always skipped it because they were just plain lazy to make themselves breakfast if Yubin was not in the mood to make breakfast.

She found an empty seat next to Chansung and sat down and then when Taec laid the last plate of breakfast on the table, he settled down next to Yubin.

“Did you wake the boys up as well?” She asked the breakfast chef, Taecyeon.

He nodded and raised an eyebrow. “It’s your graduation day, Yubinnie. You can thank me later.”

Only the older boys like Minjun and Khun called her Yubinnie while the younger boys called her noona but Taec was an in-between since he was only 2 months younger than her. She bullied him into calling her noona which he stubbornly refused and joined the older boys in calling her Yubinnie. She had given up. Taec was closest to her age-wise but he was also the one who annoyed her the most in the beginning especially with his smart- attitude. Good thing she managed to bully her way into taming his annoying attitude. Now he was her favorite.

 Junho was the next one she loved bullying or rather, fussing over but it was mostly because he reminded her of her late younger brother. She would naturally be extra protective of Junho more than all the other boys.

Chansung, the youngest and biggest eater took out a piece of bacon and was ready to munch on when he got a slap on the head by JY walking in.

“We have to say grace first before you eat!” JY ordered as he took the center seat at the dining table.

Everyone obediently bowed their heads and waited for JY to start giving thanks.

“Thank you, lord for the meal we have in front of us, for the health we are fortunate to have, for the love we share, for the education my kids are progressing with well enough in and for the big venture we are about to embark on. Amen.” JY gave his speech.

“Amen!” everyone else echoed and wasted no time in digging into their food.

“What venture, JY?” Yubin asked.

“The House of Jin’s first-ever casino in Vegas.” JY announced as he took a big bite of his omelette.

 “We are ready?” Yubin stopped eating for a moment.

“More like half way there. We finally got the funds we needed and in a week's time, the casino will start construction. It will still take about 2 years to complete. It may be a small one for now but it’s a good start because it’s freakin Vegas.” JY was nodding his head and smiling widely.

When the family first settled in LA, JY started up a security service agency because that had been his best specialty back in the days when he was part of the House of Jin casino business. He did not have enough funds to start a new casino when they first landed in LA but he had enough funds to send the kids to universities and made sure they all graduate with at least a degree. His security services bloomed over the years that even some major casinos in Vegas started sourcing for his security services as well. Yubin guessed JY must have saved hell lot of money to be able to start his venture this soon.

"So I guess we have like 2 more years before we start working for real then." Minjun guessed out loud.

“Not really. During these 2 years, I will be training you guys in depth on the casino business." JY highlighted and then added. "But let's not talk business now. Today, our future Managing Director and International Business Director of the new House of Jin integrated resorts are having their graduation ceremony. So it's a day of celebration!" 

A/N: No, I'm not gonna skip to 2 years in the next chapter. haha.