Chapter 5

House of Revenge

As Yubin approached to receive her graduation scroll on stage, she looked towards the front to see her family of brothers and her uncle cheering and clapping in the audience.  All smiling proudly at her. Taecyeon blew out a loud whistle, clapping loudly, causing her to flush in slight embarrassment as she smiled for the photos.

The family arranged a post-ceremony celebration at a club called Muse where JY and Minjun loved to frequent. Popping a champagne open, JY cheered "To the first step in the return of the House of Jin!!!"

Yubin clicked her champagne glass with her family and downed her champagne. Memories of her late family came to her and she tried hard to hold her tears, replacing her sad emotions with vengeful feelings after  JY's toast to take back her family's rightful business, bring down the bad people who took their House and family's lives. But why is she feeling worse than sad instead? Yubin poured herself a Gordon Bleu on the rocks and bottomed up. She watched her brothers drinking, dancing and cheering to the music in the club. Minjun and Khun were definitely in celebratory mood as they kept toasting everyone to drink more. Then Khun was pulled away by Tiff to a less crowded corner and Khun gladly wrapped his arms around Tiff's waist, whispering sweet nothings to his happy-looking girlfriend. Yubin found herself looking at them in envy. Gosh, she needed a man, an oppa to make her happy, to comfort her sudden sad emotions at this moment.

She took another slurp of the hard liquor, not realizing it was her 4th glass by now. But Yubin felt better, as the alcohol took effect, releasing her party girl mode. She stood up and made her way to the dance floor alone. Losing herself in the music, she raised her arms above her, swinging her hips in sensual rhythm with the music.  With her eyes closed, she suddenly felt a large pair of hands touching her hips. There was also something else hard brushing lightly at her and she knew for sure it wasn't just a stick. She flashed her eyes open, ready to push and punch whoever the hard-on bastard was. Except, she didn't need to do so because Taecyeon suddenly appeared standing at her side, with his hand pushing that ert at arm's length.

 "Dude, that's my girl you were grinding at." Taecyeon warned a red-haired drunkard who fortunately was shorter than Taecyeon. He would have punch the living daylights of this man but Taecyeon told himself not to cause a club fight. The man raised his hands in surrender. "Sorry, didn't know." and backed off.

Yubin found herself clinging onto Taec's jacket and he hugged her, rubbing her back gently. "It's ok, Yubinnie. I'm here."

Instead of feeling better and safe in Taec's arms, Yubin cling on tighter to him as if her life depended on him. Taec lifted her chin and asked "Yub, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shook her head, not knowing why her sad emotions were back to haunt her again. After feeling almost violated by that stranger, Yubin realized she couldn't live without her current family, her uncle and her brothers. Her brother who was comforting her right now like she was his baby. It felt nice, so nice she let out tears of her sad tragedy memories and thankfulness in having him around protecting her, caring for her. It was always Taec who came to her rescue, back when she was running from killers, back when she needed to get rid of annoying guys who persistently pursued her in high school and now against some ert in a club. She hugged Taec tightly, sniffing into his chest. But sniffs turned into louder sobs and by the time she looked up to Taec's surprised confused face, she did something she never thought she would ever do to someone who was like a brother to her. She did not know why she did it. She just stared at him who was looking at her with those caring puppy eyes. Then as if embarrassed by her sudden onslaught of emotions and wanting to cover it up somehow, she pulled Taec's face close and kissed him. His lips tasted sweet and she broke away slowly, not daring look at his face but found herself still staring at his lips because as unexpected as that kiss was, she seemed to want more of it.

Taecyeon was shocked by the kiss. Yet it was a kiss he wanted to return badly. He cared about Yubin so much he would die for her but never in his life would he expect her to return his care this way. This intimate way which he was so tempted to give back to her as well. They stood staring at each other, their breaths  blowing hard against their lips so close to each other. Arms still entangled around each other , Taec suddenly released the embrace but he pulled her with him, threading through the thick crowd. Yubin and Taec arrived at the quiet alley outside the club where Taec pushed Yubin against the wall and asked her "Are you drunk?"

When Yubin shook her head, Taec raised his hands and cupped her face. "Do you know what you just did, Yubinnie? Do you?" he was almost shouting and added."Because if you do that ever again, I don't know if I will do something drastic. I don't know if I can control myself! I don't know if I can..."    

Yubin refused to hear more and just wanted to stop him so she kissed him again. This time, harder. Taec felt her sweet lips probing to open his mouth and he let her, by intruding with his tongue. Passionately her into an unforgettable kiss he knew he and she would regret very soon. Because this was wrong. This was not what family did, unless they were husband and wife which they obviously were not. But before all the regret, all they could do now was to try as hard as possible to stop the sensational pull of the kiss... which they were mostly not trying hard enough.  

-----

Yubin awoke with a start and quickly looked around her bedroom to find herself alone, in her PJs and heaved a sigh of relief that it was all just a dream. But that kiss in the dream was amazing and felt so real she could not bring herself to look at Taec the same way again. Oh god, how the hell did that kind of dream come about? She grabbed her temples sensing the hangover taking over her head. Great, alcohol probably got her all and having such an uous wet dream, though Younha would totally disagree because Yubin and Taec were not even blood-related. She took a look at the clock and realized it was time to wake the younger boys up and she hurried towards her room door. She swung open the door and surprisingly found Taec standing at her door, ready to knock.

He stood at her doorway with the same handsome puppy eyes in her dream earlier.

"You ok?" he asked in a rather awkward tone.

Flashes of their intense kiss came clearer into her head. Images of the drinking, the dancing, the near -fight between Taec and a stranger at the club and her crying and kissing the hell out of him. Oh no, oh no. It was real! Not a dream!

"Did we...." she whimpered out as she asked Taec to be sure.

Taec stared at her, now looking almost remorseful as he softly replied her. "Yub, I'm so sorry..." 

A/N: It's weird how my writing inspiration just comes back all of a sudden.