Chapter 6

House of Revenge

"Did we? Tell me, Taec! Did we..." Yubin could not bring herself to finish the question. Last she remembered how they kissed, it was so hot he even lifted her hips had her legs wrapped around his waist, her back strained against the alley wall... thankfully were fully clothed as she last recalled but she still had to be sure nothing else happened after that.

"Did we what?" Taec double-checked as Yubin pulled him into the privacy of her room, away from ears in the hallways of their home. "Kiss?" he continued.

"No! I know we kissed! Did we do it?" Yubin asked, wondering how she could not recall anything much after the kiss. Or did she wish not to remember?

"What?! No, we did not have !" Taec assured. "We kissed and then you fled when you heard someone coming into the alley. You went back to our table and drank more. Shortly you fell asleep and we had to carry you home. That's all."

"Thank God!" Yubin laid her hands over her head. Relief swarmed over her that they did not go further than a hot kiss. God, what had she done? How did this attraction to Taec come on all of a sudden? She remembered how she was an emotional wreck of all sorts and then wanting to kiss him when his warm hug felt so good and when they did kiss, she wanted more of that. Damn, she needed to avoid alcohol at all cost now. It was the first time she got this drunk and she learnt she was not just an emo-drunk but also a drunk as well. Which perfectly surmised her as a totally lousy drunk.

"Ok, Let's just forget that kiss ever happen. It was a mistake. A huge mistake caused by my drunk state!" Yubin reasoned. No way it should happen again.

Taec knew this reaction was going to come the very moment Yubin sobered up. He knew well and yet he kissed her back last night. He needed to hit himself now but he hated feeling this guilty. Yubin made the move first but he was not close to drunk and could have NOT kiss her back. Yubin got him all confused he spent all night thinking about her. It was something he was so ashamed of. How could he lust over his sister? ok, not exactly his sister but still?! Somehow, he felt it was not entirely a mistake.

"You don't remember telling me you were not drunk? That even when I asked you if you knew what you were doing and you still kissed me?" Taec had to remind her of her not-so-drunk status when they went all out on that steamy kiss.

"I don't know why I kissed you, ok! I just don't know! All I know was I was a mess and too much alcohol had to be the cause of it! And I made a mistake." Yubin continued, knowing Taec might also be a mess now after what she did to him. "And I'm not blaming you, Taec! Ok? Let's forget this so no one knows what happened between us."

Then a thought ran through her and Yubin brought it up. "Do you think anyone saw us kissing?"

"You mean if JY or any of our boys saw you kiss me at the dance floor?" Taec repeated her question with more accuracy but in a strong sarcastic tone. He had no idea why he was getting mad at Yubin now. Maybe he did not like how she said kissing him was a mistake. It was a kiss he would never forget and how was he going to forget the girl who gave it to him since she lived with him in the same house?

"Do you expect nothing's gonna happen if my uncle knew about us being in an intimate situation?" Yubin folded her arms, countering with her own anger. She should be mad, yes, mostly at herself but as if that was not enough, now Taec was mad at her too.

"I don't think they saw.. Or else I would have been beaten to death by my army of brothers and god-father last night already." Taec explained, sitting on Yubin's bed, resting his head in his hands.

-----

"So... how was the party the other night?" Younha asked Yubin during lunch at their regular cafe.

Great, now Yubin had to be reminded of that encounter she had been trying to forget for the last few days. Yubin played with her food for a while before she shrugged and replied "It was... fun. And I was dead drunk."

"Why did you get drunk?" Younha was curious. Yubin was a good drinker and Younha had never seen her get drunk unless...  " You only drink too much when you are sad." Younha guessed.

"Just that memories of my dead family floated into my mind that night." Yubin confessed. "And I drank and drank and...sigh.."

"And what?" Younha leaned forward waiting for some scandalous confession.

"And I end up falling asleep that the boys had to carry me home." Yubin revealed, much to Younha's disappointment.

"So I guessed that makes you a sleepy drunk." Younha observed.

Apparently an emotional, and sleepy drunk all in one. Yubin could have added but she decided against it and just admitted she was going to avoid alcohol as much as possible. Of course she did not add that Taec should be away from her whenever she touched alcohol as well.

"Babe, it's been 5 years since the tragedy already.. And you have been happy right?" Younha reached over with a comforting hand over Yubin's hand. "The boys and your uncle have been treating you well?"

A flash of Taec's hugs and kisses few nights ago came into her thoughts and Yubin shook her head unwittingly.

"They don't?" Younha asked, surprised Yubin seemed to be disagreeing.

"No, I mean they do love me and take care of me very well. It's just.." Yubin explained. "It's weird how they care for me more than my own blood-related relatives. It's been 5 years and no word from any of my other 2 uncles."

"Tell me about it. Your life now is the best example of how water runs thicker than blood." Younha added.

Water so thick she even kissed Taec? God, there had to be something wrong with her.  Would she have done the same thing if it was the other boys? No way, she was drunk but not that drunk. So how was Taec not brotherly enough that she could make out with? , she needed to stop thinking about it already!! For days, Taec had been hiding in his room most of the time and they had hardly spoken to each other more than 2 words everyday. She told herself they would one day forget that kissing encounter once and for all and go back to being siblings again.

Her phone rang and she quickly picked up the call. "Hey Uncle JY!"

"Yub, I need you back home for dinner tonight. There's an important family meeting at 7." JY announced.

Her uncle sounded serious and she prayed hard this family meeting had nothing to do with that inappropriate thing she did with a family member few nights ago.