Chapter 24

House of Revenge

Taec was half conscious as he felt a pair of hands holding his face and that familiar voice calling out his name.

"Taecyeonnie!" Yubin asked worriedly. "Are you hurt? Please talk to me!"

Taec managed to move his hand over her hand holding his face and muttered. "I think... I'm fine." He could feel aside from a backache, his legs were able to move a little without any pain. Yubin hugged him tight in relief.

"Yubin!!!"

Yubin turned around as she heard her name called out by Jessica who was just a few feet away hovering over Seungheon.

"I think Seungheon oppa is hurt! And he's unconscious." Jessica reported.

Yubin quickly moved over to her fiance, leaving Taec in the hands of Junho who was checking on his older brother to be sure there was no serious injury.

"Oppa!" Yubin held her fiance's face, checking on him. "Can you hear me?"

When there was still no response from Seungheon. Yubin laid her cheek over her fiance's face, relieved to feel him still breathing, she shouted." Somebody get help."

By now, Uncle Yee had arrived with some medics and 2 stretchers. The family let the experts check on Taec and Seungheon. In a few minutes, an unconscious Seungheon was carried off in a stretcher while Taec was able to walk but with the help of 2 of his brothers.

The family arrived at the nearest hospital where they were asked to wait at a waiting room while Seungheon and Taec were being treated. After some 30minutes, Taec came out with a male doctor informing the family that his back was treated and now secured with a band-aid.

"He's lucky there's nothing broken. He can head home now." The doctor smiled to the relief of everyone in the waiting room.

Yubin reached out to hug Taec and the couple stayed hugging each other tightly, momentarily lost in their own world until Yubin pulled back when she spotted the doctor whom she recognized was the one who treated Seungheon approaching her.

"How is the patient? I'm his fiancee." Yubin anxiously asked the female doctor.

"The patient had suffered a sprained neck. Other than that, nothing is broken. However, he insisted on staying in the hospital for further observation for at least a night in case of any suspected internal injury." the red-haired doctor reported with a slight tone of annoyance.

"So he's awake now?" Yubin asked.

"Yes but he needs a lot of rest. He has asked for the VIP private room. You can all proceed to visit him there." the doctor added with directions to the room.

Upon reaching the room, everyone gathered around the patient whom they were glad he seemed quite fine, except for a neck guard. Seungheon opened his arms, signaling to Yubin to hug him. Yubin obliged.

"Oppa, Thank God you are fine." Yubin told him.

"I'm not so sure. I still feel some aches here and there and I want the hospital to make sure I'm very fine before they release me." Seungheon insisted. He then realized Taec looked to be injury-free and asked him. "Taec, do you need to stay for further observation? You can ask them to be sure."

Taec shook his head. "I'm fine. Just a slight strained back. The accident isn't that bad."

Seungheon remembered he was the one who knocked into Taec and caused the accident. "I'm sorry Taec. It's all my fault. Really, I can ask them to check on you further."

"No need to trouble over a slight injury." Taec was slowly getting annoyed at Seungheon making such a big deal out of nothing. Worse still, Taec was not liking how the guy was holding on to Yubin that she had to sit really close to him on the bed.

"Oppa, Taec is fine. I had a twisted ankle and healed fine within a week so you don't need to worry too much. You both are not suffering any broken bones so that's most important." Yubin added.

Several others in the family also supported Yubin's notion and assured Seungheon he need not worry too much.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Seungheon asked Yubin.

Yubin stole a quick glance at Taec before she nodded to her fiance. "I'll stay with you, oppa but you need to rest. The doctor says so."

An obedient Seungheon smiled and took Yubin's advice and lay back to rest. Soon, the rest of the family members left the hospital for the night, leaving Yubin to stay with her fiance.

When Taec and his family got back to the hotel, before he could head to his room, he was asked by Uncle Yee to speak in private. Taec knew the talk was coming. Ever since Yubin texted him that Uncle Yee was aware of his relationship with Yubin, he had prepared himself for this.

-----

Jessica switched the channels on the TV in the hotel room restlessly with the remote. None of the programs on TV caught her attention, mostly because her mind was elsewhere. She knew something was fishy. Something was out of place. After the snow accident, she just felt that way. Now that Taec was in his uncle's room most likely discussing something important, she wondered what was so important the injured nephew was not given rest and summoned to a private meeting immediately. It had been 2 hours already and he was still not back in his room.

Finally the door clicked open and Jessica looked at a tired-looking Taec coming in. She stood up to approach him but he waved her off as he headed into the bathroom. Minutes later, he came out in a towel and took his clothes to change in the bathroom again.

When Taec came back out and lay on his bed, Jessica spoke, "You ok?"

"Never better.." He replied but it sounded sarcastic. He had his arm covering over his eyes.

"That's a lie, Taec. We both know it."

"I'm checking out first thing tomorrow. You can stay if you want to."      

"Huh?"

"I had a big fight with my uncle. They want me out of here."

"What? What could have caused such a decision?" Jessica exclaimed and then she wondered if it had anything to do with the accident. "You are injured too, Taec! You didn't cause the accident! Everyone saw it was Seungheon who knocked into you!"

"It's not because of the accident, Jess." Taec revealed. "It's... It's something worse than that to them."

"Something worse?"

"I'm tired and don't wanna talk about it. Let's just rest now since I have to pack and check-out early tomorrow morning." Taec sighed as he turned to switch off the lights.

Jessica stayed silent as she watched Taec building that wall again, that very thing he always did that annoyed her so much she was so fine with breaking up with him almost a year ago.

Then before she turned in for the night, Jess took another look at Taec...and made her guess."Something worse like falling in love with your sister?"

A/N: Writer's block again after chp 28...