Chapter 9

House of Revenge

"Noona, wake up." Chansung nudged Yubin awake. "Why are you sleeping in hyung's bed?"

"Oh..." Yubin stirred as she got up from Taec's bed. "I must have dozed off.."

"Anyway, are you all packed?" Chansung asked.

"Yeah, half-way packed. How about you and the boys?" Yubin responded.

"There's a slight change of plans but your flight plan still stays. The rest of us are leaving a few days later than you."

"What? How come?" 

 "Cause there has been some breach of security systems at the casino and we need to stay to solve the problem for a few days before we head to London."

"Oh no. I should stay too."

"No, there's JY, Minjun or Khun hyung to take over your duties as MD so you could still go ahead with your original flight." Chansung explained. " But Woo, Junho and I are in charge of the security unit so we have to stay. Don't worry, Taec hyung took vacation leave so he will take good  care of you while you are there before we head over to London to join you later. They already planned a full itinerary over there so go make full use of it first."

 -----

 Yubin checked herself on her compact mirror once again as the airplane announced its landing at the London airport. Gosh, she was just going to meet a brother she had not seen for past 4 years and she was making sure she had to looked pretty enough? She wondered how Taec looked like now? The last photo she saw of him was a year ago when Khun showed her a selca Taec sent to him. He looked the same, except he was a little more bluffed with the muscles. 

 After Yubin claimed her baggage at the arrival hall, she scanned the crowd and when she could not spot Taec, she took off her sunglasses to look out for any tall Asian dude. Until she heard her name being called out.

"Yubinnie! Over here!"

And there Taec stood, a few feet from her, approaching her with his usual caveman walk and that dimpled smile. He looked so handsome with the long hair under his beanie even though his eyes were covered by a pair of cool Rayban sunglasses. He was unshaven and it made him looked more matured....and kinda y. Oh great, she was checking him out? Embarrassed by her own reaction, she stood awkwardly in the middle of the hall, waiting for him to approach her.

"Hey Taec.." she smiled at him as he return the greeting with a light hug which only lasted 3 seconds before he quickly moved away to help push her luggage cart to his waiting car. They had not seen each other for 4 years and that was their first reunion family hug? An acquaintance hug would have been longer than that. But who could blame this? They had distant themselves for 4 years and could never deny they did it on purpose.

The black 2-seater convertible Mercedes Benz was parked nearby and Taec held the door open for Yubin to sit on the passenger seat. After putting all her luggage in the car booth, Taec jumped into the driver's seat. A quick "Ready?" and he speeded off.

It was winter so the convertible was up and the heater in the car began to warm up. Yubin started to remove her winter hat and tidied up her shoulder-length hair a little.

"So, is Yee sam-chon at work or at home?" she asked about her dear uncle, breaking the awkward silence.

"He's at work. Got an important meeting today so he could not make it to pick you up at the airport." Taec replied. He looked at Yubin who was frowning at him. "What?" he asked her.

"You haven't seen me in 4 years and you plan to talk to me with your sunglasses on throughout? Am I being kidnapped by someone who doesn't want me to recognize him?" Yubin was back to her old self with Taec now. Ok, looked like she could do this. Off with all the awkwardness already. They should be back to their sibling ways and they better be for the next 2 weeks.

Taec chuckled and obediently took off his sunglasses. Yubin felt her heart skipped a beat. Damn it, she missed his face.

"You look great, Yub." Taec offered first. His stood and stared at her for a long while at the airport arrival hall before he called out to her because he just wanted to take in how achingly beautiful she had grown. She lost some baby fat since he last saw her 4 years ago."You have grown prettier." he added.

She laughed at his compliments because she was enjoying it.

"You lost some weight, did you?" Yubin observed Taec's less buffed arms through his thick jumper.

Taec was surprised Yubin noticed that about him. He might have missed her a lot through the years and had sneakily stalked her facebook but he never had a facebook so he wondered if she had been secretly checking out his rare photos from his brothers. That, or she was referring to him 4 years ago.

But Yubin solved his curiosity as she admitted that Khun showed her Taec's last photo taken a year ago.

"And I thought the first thing you would have noticed about the change in me is my hair." Taec chuckled.

"That is obvious, of course." Yubin laughed. "As well as the unshaven face. Never seen you this way before."

"Just wanted a new look." he shrugged. It was the same old reason he had given to everyone. "And before you go on and guess if I forgotten to tidy up because of a bad break-up. Let me just say, No, it is not. It is just Taec trying to be experimental. That's all."

Yubin laughed again. Yes, that was Taecyeonnie alright. Fun-loving, experimental and Mr trying-to-be-trendy Taecyeonnie.

She checked out his airport fashion today and was quite satisfied with it. Simple and manly with navy as his main color. He was always bad with color combination in the past.

"So are you seeing anyone now?" Yubin suddenly blurted out remembering his last comment about no recent break-ups.

Taec seemed tight-lipped at first with her question but he still answered her truthfully.

"No one special at the moment..." And he knew this topic would eventually come up so he went ahead to add. "How's the fiance treating you so far?"

Yubin turned awkwardly silent and she felt like slapping herself awake that it was perfectly normal to talk to Taec about her fiance.

"He's ah...good." she finally said. "He couldn't join me here because he has a string of important meetings this whole week." 

Taec let out a silent sigh of relief and wished Yubin never noticed that. He had been praying hard that Yubin's famously rich and handsome fiance did not turn up. As to why he still felt jealous over this guy, he hated to know the reason. He would prefer to just avoid Yubin and her fiance totally when the time came, and ignore why he could still have more than brotherly feelings for her.

They finally reached the mansion where Taec was living with Uncle Yee and Will. The house was beautiful as expected and Yubin and Taec was ushered into the house by a butler.

"That's George. He's the head butler." Taec introduced a middle-aged English man well-groomed in a suit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Yubin." George bowed slightly and then added. "Let me bring you to your room."

Yubin's room was  huge for a guest room.

"Uncle Yee insisted you get the biggest guest room. The other guest rooms are way smaller." Taec revealed.

"I am after all his princess niece." Yubin laughed and jumped onto her king-sized bed. She lay down and immediately liked the soft comfort of the big bed.

Taec missed this playful side of Yubin. He was almost tempted to jump onto bed and get into a pillow fight with her like they used to back in their younger days. He sure missed those fun days when his brothers and Yubin would form gangs and attacked each other with soft items. But jumping into bed with Yubin alone these days was definitely a disastrous idea, pillow fight or not.

 "I'll leave you to your room now. Uncle Yee should be back around dinner and then I'll see you then, ok?" Taec excused himself quickly.