Chapter 4

House of Revenge

"Oh, I have to pick up Younha on the way as well." Yubin exclaimed, remembering the graduation day arrangements she made with her best friend whom she knew since high school. "We are going in 2 cars right?" She asked the boys at the dining table.

"Actually we planned on taking just one SUV." Minjun revealed. "Unless I’m excused from going... then there will be enough space for Younha for sure."

Yubin slapped the top of Minjun's head. "How dare you not go to your only sister's graduation?!" Yubin scolded. He may be 9 months older than her but like Taec, she refused to treat him like an older person and call him oppa.

"Oh c'mon, Yubinnie! I only got 3 hours of sleep!" Minjun defended himself but he had to add a cheeky remark to Yubin. "Besides, if you had a boyfriend, we would have easily gotten a spare ride. How many guys have left you already?"

She knew Minjun did not have enough sleep mostly because he was out clubbing again. He had no good excuse to forgo her graduation ceremony. But he was right about the boyfriend part. She could hardly ever have a boyfriend because Junho kept scaring them off like her personal bodyguard in college. And when she was not in college, there was Taecyeon who was always mistaken to be her boyfriend since he was always by her side.

"I would have a boyfriend now if Junho didn't interfere and scare the guy away the last time….as well as all the other guys who were after me before!" Yubin protested.

"Noona, you scared away that last girl I liked too!" Junho added and got a slap to his head from Yubin as well.

"She was using you, you blind fool! She has a boyfriend! And that was only one girl! It’s nothing compared to the number of guys you managed to scare off by telling them what kind of control freak I am!"

"He was kinda telling the truth though." Wooyoung mumbled softly but he was lucky to escape a head slap from Yubin because Khun pushed the younger lad’s head instead.

"I can't help you there if Yubin refused to cook your favorite meals next time." Khun warned Wooyoung. Khun was the most sensible and cordial of the lot. It was no surprise JY had plans to let him take charge of international business affairs, along with PR king Minjun when their casino business was up.

“Anyway, I was only protecting you from those erts!” Junho added to Yubin. “They were all bent on shagging you only and nothing else. And I’m not the only one who thinks those guys were up to no good, noona! Taecyeon hyung helped in scaring them away too.”

Yubin turned to Taecyeon next to her and saw him almost choking on his food at Junho’s revelation.

“Ermm…. It was only one guy who kept looking at your , Yubinnie!” Taecyeon admitted.

 “Maybe if she got laid, she wouldn’t be such a control freak, you guys!” Minjun injected his theory and this time, he earned a head slap from JY.

“I’m not gonna let her turn into a female version of you, Minjun.” JY pointed out.

But Yubin had to admit that though Minjun may be a playboy and all, he was still her best hang-out and tell-all buddy. Also because he was the only one who allowed her to date anyone she wanted.

-----

“Are you staring at the lecturer?” Yubin nudged Younha who was sitting next to her on the ceremonial stage behind a batch of graduates listening in to the Valedictorian speech.

“I’m not..” Younha denied.

“Get over him already, babe!” Yubin frowned. Her best friend had a thing for older men and dated a 33-year-old lecturer whom Younha found out recently he was engaged and that he was never serious about her. It was the first time Younha ever cried on Yubin’s shoulder over a broken heart. She was always Yubin’s love guru, giving her advice on men more than Yubin did so to her.

“I don’t get what you see in him. I mean, is there no one our age that interest you?” Yubin spoke softly. “None of my brothers interest you? They are quite good-looking you know.”

“Nope. Except maybe Khun but he’s attached.” Younha shrugged. They were speaking in their gossip tone, and out of everyone’s earshot.

Khun met his girlfriend, Tiffany back in high school and has been dating since then. Tiffany should be at the audience sitting with the rest of the boys.

“Yeah. Even if you ask me to recommend any of my brothers, I can only think of Khunnie but too bad he already has Tiff. The younger ones are off for you since you don’t go for younger men. I wouldn’t recommend Minjun for obvious reasons and as for Taecyeonnie….” Yubin tried to think of a reason.

“No thanks to Taec too. He’s too tall for me.” Younha answered for Yubin.

“Since when was height an issue for you? Don’t you know a big guy like him makes a nice piggyback ride?” Yubin revealed since she had the habit of pouncing on Taec’s back whenever she wanted to spring a surprise attack on him or when he refused to give back something she wanted and she had to climb over his tall frame to reach to his stretched arms. She noted that he probably had no problem piggy-backing a girl effortlessly.

“Are you having romantic thoughts on Taec?” Younha eyed Yubin suspiciously.

Yubin was taken aback with that accusation. She stared at Younha and slightly raised her voice unwittingly. “Are you crazy? He’s my brother, just like the rest of them!”

“No harm since you aren’t blood related.”

“Yeah but I treat them all like they are blood related.”

“I know you do but I think you go too hard on Junho sometimes. C’mon, Yub. He’s not Jaejin. You need to stop fussing over him like he’s your dear dead brother.” Younha had noted earlier during the car ride that Junho looked quite upset mostly because of Yubin’s recent interference with a girl he liked.

Yubin sighed as she knew Younha was somehow right. Jaejin died protecting Yubin and she missed her brother dearly. She had lived with the guilt of losing a brother for a long time. But soon she realized God had given her not one but six brothers.

“Like Jaejin, the 6 of them protect me like a real sister. So you can’t blame me for being an over-protective sister to them as well…. especially Junho who behaves like Jaejin the most.”