Chapter 20

House of Revenge

Taec felt as if his heart was pierced with an invisible sword when Yubin's fiance kissed the woman he loved.  And even calling her BABY endearingly. Yubin still looked shell-shocked at Seungheon's surprise visit.

"What are you doing here?" Yubin finally composed herself and asked her fiance.

"Your Uncle Yee and Will invited me!" Seungheon revealed. "And how can I reject such an offer from your family in London whom I have not had the chance to meet yet."

Yubin sent a curious look at Uncle Yee whom she would think he was the last person to invite her fiance since he even advised Yubin about how Seungheon might be a cheating fiance. Or maybe Uncle Yee was worried Seungheon would really cheat on her and decided to invite him over to be by her side. Yubin looked at Taec,  shaking her head lightly at him, trying to make him understand she never expected her fiance's surprise actions, and even her uncle's.

Seungheon then noticed the unfamiliar tall striking young man and held his hand out. "You must be Taecyeon!"   

Taec took in Seungheon's firm handshake and greeted politely. "Nice to finally meet you."

Seungheon displayed a friendly smile and patted Taec's back. "And thanks for taking care of Yubin these few days."

Taec nodded with a forced smile as he moved along with everyone into the mansion.

Now that the dining table was filled with 8 guests, friendly conversations  flowed endlessly, but mostly between Seungheon and the 2 older men who invited him over to this vacation. Yubin and her brothers were all not so involved in the small business talks between the older men because this was supposed to be a FAMILY vacation without any talk on business. Yubin then wondered if Uncle Yee and Will actually invited Seungheon for the sole purpose of building business relations instead. Whatever happened to the family-bonding vacation she was planning on? Ok, so she went past bonding with Taec but she was still looking forward to family fun with her brothers and uncle and without her fiance coming in between all this.

"Are we here to have a vacation or a business meeting?" Yubin could not help but bring it up.  

 "Haha. Yes, this is the first time my fiancee is really enjoying a vacation. She must have enjoyed her vacation so much she could hardly make a phone call to me." Seungheon chuckled as he reached over to hold Yubin's hand, sensing she must be bored with the business talks especially during a vacation already.

"Oppa." Yubin wondered why her fiance was bringing up her lack of phone calls to him. "You know very well we hardly report to each other anyway."

"That's because back in Nevada, I can easily find you in your office, Yubin." Seungheon reasoned. "Don't you know with you away in another country, I would be worried? And you promised to call me at least a few times."

Feeling bad, Yubin apologized to her fiance. "Sorry. I guess I'm just used to our old ways." Or she was too distracted by another man.

Seungheon seemed to forgive her as he promised. "Ok, no more business talk." he then turned to Uncle Yee and Will and added. "We can do business talk anytime in the near future anyway. I just want to thank everyone for having me here. Let's have a toast to this. To a great vacation!"

Everyone raised their glasses of wine as they joined in the toast, including a reluctant Taec and Yubin.

-----

"You don't have to break the bad news to him during the vacation, Yub. I understand. It will only ruin everyone's holiday." - Taec

Yubin received Taec's text after she showered and checked on her phone in the bathroom in her room. Seungheon was done showering and was outside in her room preparing to head to bed.

"Believe me, I want to end this as soon as I can, Taecyeonie. I don't know if I can get through this vacation lying to him." - Yubin

"I believe you can get through it, Yubinnie. Don't think about it too much  and have a good night's sleep now. I love you." - Taec

"I will. And don't worry, nothing's gonna happen in bed between oppa and me during this vacation. Please trust me, ok. I love you too." - Yubin

Taec did not answer her text until about 5 minutes later.

"Ok, remember to delete our texts." - Taec.

Yubin sighed as she reluctantly deleted their entire conversation.

 Walking out of her bathroom, she spotted Seungheon lying in bed in just his boxers. He was busy checking his emails on his ipad. When he glanced up and saw Yubin out of the bathroom, he quickly put away his ipad and patted on the bed.

"I might need to thank your uncle for this guest room with this comfortable king-sized bed." Seungheon grinned.

"Oppa.. Listen..." Yubin prepared her excuse. "Do you remember we agreed our honeymoon was going to be the real vacation? That we were going to remain celibate till our special day? Our honeymoon would serve no special meaning if we treated this vacation like one."

"Sigh.. you were serious when you said that?" Seungheon asked.

"Yes! And you knew very well this vacation I'm having was just going be purely a family reunion vacation and not a romantic getaway. I hinted to you clearly and you still came over." Yubin was slightly angry at her fiance and mostly angry at herself for being a half-lying .

Seungheon gave another sigh of disappointment as he rested his hands behind his head on the pillow. "Ok...whatever my wife-to-be says."

Yubin wished she could stop lying to him as she lay down next to her fiance. She looked at him, feeling her conscience probing her. She knew Seungheon had no problem getting any woman he wanted so she hoped he should be able to move on well once she canceled the wedding.

"Why would you want to marry me, oppa?" Yubin asked softly.

"Because you are the most beautiful, most capable casino queen I have ever met. And a casino king can only marry a casino queen." he did not hesitate in telling her.

"But we could still be the best casino king and queen without marriage too, right?"

Seungheon faced Yubin with sad eyes. "Are you having wedding cold feet, Yubin?"

"I'm.." Yubin could not look him in the eye as she turned to face the ceiling. "I don't want you to marry someone you probably don't love."

Seungheon stared at her for a long while before he asked. "I think you meant yourself?"

Yubin remained silent as she found it so hard to reveal the truth to Seungheon. It really was not as easy as she thought. Seungheon was after all someone she had no intentions of hurting.

So Seungheon spoke instead. "I know you are not marrying me because you love me, Yubin. But I know one day you will love me. That I will be able to win your heart as your husband."

"But I don't deserve your love, oppa.." Yubin said.

"I chose to marry you out of so many women I have dated in my entire bachelor life. You should never doubt I made the wrong choice." Seungheon told her as he kissed her goodnight before he rolled over to his side to switch off his bedside lamp.