Chapter 19

House of Revenge

Walking hand-in-hand, the couple took their time trekking through the wood. Yubin's ankle was no longer a hindrance but she and Taec were dragging their time mostly because they were dreading the eventual moment they had to stop holding hands when they reached the mansion.

"I feel like a criminal.."Yubin confessed as they walked. "We are hiding our relationship as if this is the biggest sin in the world. Not to mention, I AM going to be a bad person since I'm going to break another man's heart... and possibly get punished by getting killed by my own uncle."

"Are you having second thoughts now about our intended plan?" Taec stopped his tracks as he turned to her. He knew the journey to their ultimate happiness was going to be a tough rocky road. Yubin would have it tougher since she had a fiance to hurt, a business to lose amidst family objection.

"I just...I don't know. Can't we just run away?" Yubin realized she was actually considering the coward's way out.   

Taec laughed. He was trying to lighten her up in a way. "We are not sinners, Yubinnie! We aren't blood-related and have the freedom to love and have babies together. There's no need to run away. All we need now is just patience."

Count on Advisor Taecyeonnie to be her trusted lover. Yubin felt his assuring kiss on her lips and smiled at him, feeling a little better as they continued their walk.

"I don't how we are going to keep our hands off each other though." She sighed.

 "Well, we managed to do that for 4 years, didn't we?" Taec chuckled.

"That's because we were countries apart!" Yubin reminded but she knew Taec had been trying his best to keep things positive between them and she loved him even more for that. For the first time in her life, she had felt full happiness in a relationship simply because they were in love. Nothing else mattered. "I don't want to have us be countries apart again."

"I know. Me too." Taec kissed the back of her hand as he led her to the open area where they could see their uncle's mansion just about less than a mile away.

Upon reaching the mansion, the couple automatically released their hands. It was then that the doors opened, and their 3 younger brothers appeared. Junho was the first to stride over to them and Taec joyfully hugged the 2nd youngest, followed by Chansung and Wooyoung who huddled Taec with more zealous hugs. Taec missed his brothers dearly for he had not seen them for over a year. The boys laughed heartily with each other as Yubin watched smiling at the happy family reunion. This wasn't so bad after all. She missed having family time too.

"Did you guys bonded too well at the cabin? So well you were holding hands? I almost thought there was a couple visiting!" Junho teased, eye smile and all.

Taec and Yubin faces turned into surprise that their brothers actually saw them holding hands. But Taec was quick to add. "Yub hurt her ankle few days ago. I'm just making sure she doesn't trip and hurt herself again."

Their brothers laughed in response with Wooyoung adding "Noona is always clumsy as ever."

But a concerned Uncle Yee came out and held his niece by the shoulders. "Why didn't you come back immediately when you got hurt? You should be treated at the hospital!"

"It was just a small ankle twist, Samchon.." Yubin assured."I'm not going to make Taec carry me for more than 2 hours through the wood too. I'm a lot better now."

------

The family sat around the huge dining table having lunch when they noticed Will was missing.

"Where's Uncle Will?" Taec asked.

"He's slightly delayed by an errand. Don't worry, he told us to start first without him." Uncle Yee disclosed. Everyone nodded and dug into their food.

 Yubin seemed to have gotten into work mode whenever this group of brothers were seated around her during a meal.

"How's Minjun handling my work so far?" she asked Wooyoung about one of the older brothers who was not at this vacation because he had to fill in for Yubin at work.

"You mean you actually did not call to check on him, noona?" Wooyoung was surprised his hrad-working Managing Director of Casino Gold Dust had forgotten to check on work during her vacation break.

"I was injured..." Yubin gave the lame excuse and she was surprised at herself to have forgotten to check on work at least once. The 6 days since she arrived in London, she had not thought once about work because Taecyeonie was filling up her mind, her heart and her soul.

 "I think he's coping well. Khun and JY's helping him as well. I think Minjun hyung  was quite relieved you did not call to bother him. That meant you were really enjoying your holiday." Chansung added.

Yubin found herself blushing slightly. Yeah, Taec had made her vacation a little too enjoyable. Thankfully the boys did not notice her blushing, except perhaps Taec.

 "Oh, there's another person who helped as well." Junho added. " Seungheon hyung came over to help us settle the security breach problem we were trying to solve for days."

"Oh.." Yubin felt that awful feeling of guilt settling in her as she played with her food.

Taec felt uncomfortable too upon hearing another good side of Yubin's soon-to-be-dumped fiance. What couldn't the dude be some selfish, cheating, cocky jackass?

"I can't wait for the ski trip! What time is our flight to the Alps tomorrow?" Chansung interrupted with a sudden change of subject and Yubin and Taec was both quietly thankful for it.

"In the late morning about 11am." Uncle Yee informed.

Yubin gave Taec a knowing glance which he in turn acknowledge with a slight smile, thinking the both of them could have some ample time to sneak into her room and have some intimate moments together late that night before they set off for the trip the next day.

Just then, the family heard a loud roar of spinning blades outside the house and wondered if it was a helicopter approaching.

"Oh, that must be your Uncle Will." Uncle Yee announced as he stood up. "He's arriving via our private chopper."

"What's with the loud entrance, Sam-chon? Is everything alright with Uncle Will?" Taec asked as everyone at the dining table stood up as well to follow Uncle Yee to the resident heli-pad. Will only used the helicopter if there was an emergency or if there was some VIP he was escorting.

"We have an important guest today." Uncle Yee admitted.

Taec and the rest of the family exchanged curious looks among themselves, wondering which VIP would have arrived to join in their family reunion vacation. They were hoping it was not JY.

"Who is it, Sam-chon?" Yubin had to ask loudly amidst the noisy roaring of the approaching chopper. "Don't tell me JY's coming!"

Uncle Yee chuckled as he shook his head. "I know JY would ruin all your vacation. No, it's not him."

As they all approached the heli-pad watching the chopper land, they waited in suspense for Will to come out with his mysterious VIP. Uncle Yee's Caucasian partner stepped out and ushered another gentleman out of the chopper. As the VIP stepped out of the chopper in a handsome white coat over a well-pressed dark suit, Yubin shook her head in surprise at the VIP she now recognized. It was none other than her Korean fiance who was now approaching her with a cheerful wave and smile.     

"Oppa..." Yubin gasped as Seungheon engaged her in a warm hug.

"God, baby. I miss you." Seungheon greeted her as he held her face and gave her a kiss on her lips.