Chapter 1

House of Revenge

“Agasshi..” a male voice called out gently to the injured 17-year-old hit-and-run victim who had woken up from several hours of unconsciousness. The doctor and nurses were done examining the patient and had excused themselves for the man to speak to the girl.

Yubin turned to see a tall man in a grey suit walking towards her bed in the hospital room.

“My name is Jung Jihoon. I’m the detective in charge of investigating your car accident.” The man introduced himself taking out his badge as he took a chair and sat down next to her. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m still in pain but I need to know how is my family? Are they ok?” Yubin asked anxiously, holding on to her painful abdomen at the side as she tried to sit up.

She remembered briefly the big crash came from a truck heading straight for her father at the driver’s seat. Her brave younger brother who sat beside her at the back of the car had jumped and covered his body over her when the truck hit their family car. The impact was so huge she was worried as hell how they would be able to survive it like her. Her brother protected her and if he died because of that, she would never forgive herself for being alive.

The detective’s eyes turned sad as he broke the bad news. “I’m sorry I’m afraid they did not make it. The crash killed them on the spot. You were the only one still breathing when bystanders found you.”

Yubin let out uncontrollable sobs of sorrow and Detective Jung felt the need to let her slowly absorb the devastating news. He put a comforting hand over her arm and stayed silent for a long moment before he spoke again. “I’m very sorry about your loss, Yubin. We tried to contact your other immediate family members who are your uncles but we could not get hold of any of them.”

Yubin shook her head in response in between sobs. Jihoon understood. He knew that the House of Jin only had 3 sons, eldest being Yubin’s father who did not make it in the crash and the other 2 who were mostly considered non-existent and they were now left with one loyal adopted son. The 2nd son had long severed ties with the family when the late President Kim disowned him years ago. No one knows where he is. The 3rd son was mostly away on his casino gambling adventures in Macau and Vegas and he hardly kept in contact with the family unless he needed money.

“My family had long ago lost contact with 2 of my uncles. I only have my 4th uncle here.” Yubin revealed.

“Yes, your youngest uncle is not contactable as well…”the detective then carefully stated. “Your accident was a hit-and-run, Yubin. We suspect someone is after your family. Your grandfather was assassinated last year and we think that they are back to wipe out your family this time.”

Yubin hated that the detective might be right. All her life, her family lived with a hoard of bodyguards around them because her grandfather was the most powerful kingpin of the casino world and had found himself some jealous rivals and enemies. Last year, one of his enemies completed the mission of killing her grandfather. Her father who was the eldest son and next heir of the House of Jin casino  took over the business and together with her youngest though adopted uncle, JY, they managed to keep the business going well without much enemy threat for some time…..until now.

“Do you think they got to my uncle JY as well?” Yubin asked nervously. The fear of being alone hit her but the fear of her being the next obvious target to lay in the House of Jin family grave was more terrifying. She was now the sole survivor and heiress to the family business if all her uncles were presumed missing or dead. She knew she was not safe and she wondered if this detective was someone to be trusted or not. The police had no power over these clans who ruled not only the casino world but politics as well.

“We don’t know for sure. And we have no proof of such claims of murder intent on your family yet. For your safety, I will place my men to protect you in the hospital until you recover fully.” Detective Jung advised.

Yubin nodded and stared at the young detective and though she felt some sympathy and sincerity from him, she told herself not to trust anyone at this point.  

------

The panic room seemed smaller when there were 6 big boys in the room pacing around restlessly, waiting for the man-in-charge to give out instructions. When the news of his brother Kim Jinjung and his family involved in a severe car crash, killing everyone except his niece, Yubin,Park Jinyoung, a.k.a JY knew it was an act of murder intent immediately. JY then gave orders to his boys to head to the panic room to stay from any forthcoming threats at them. JY remembered taking in these 6 boys when they were once a bunch of homeless kids on the streets stealing groceries to survive after their orphanage burnt down. That was 6 years ago. Like JY himself, as an adoptee, these boys namely Minjun, Khun, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung treated their ‘godfather’ or rather, their savior and mentor with a great sense of loyalty. They were now as worried as JY for the safety of their remaining surviving Jin family member, Yubin.

“Hyung text me he was leaving for a trip with his family and warned me to get out of the country as well. I knew something was up when he suddenly decided to do this. He must have sense some danger coming at the family. The ers got to him and they are definitely on to us now.” JY noted angrily as he slammed his fist on the desk in the middle of the panic room. The panic room was deep underground from the villa he lived with his boys. It was safe from any bomb threat and there was a tunnel that would lead to a forest area where they could make their escape if enemies come and take over the villa.

“Who do you think did this, sajang-nim?” Khun, the boyishly handsome 17-year-old and 2nd oldest of the boys asked JY.

“I suspect it’s the clan from the House of Yang but they are not the only ers bearing some hidden hate on us. For now, our main priority is to find a way to get Yubin out of the hospital and leave the country with us. These bastards are not gonna give up easily since they managed to wipe out all of my men at the Jin mansion. The 7 of us can’t fight them alone so an escape plan is the only way for us now.” JY said with a hint of regret.

“Wouldn’t she be under the police protection now?” Taecyeon, the tallest and brainy one asked, arms folded with a frown. At 17, he somehow had the brains of gifted scholar and JY had already laid out long-term plans for this particular kid.

“Yeah and we all know how powerless the cops are in this country. My main contacts in police force were also wiped out so that leaves us with guys I don’t know we can trust.” JY shook his head.

“Well, I suggest we extract Yubin out the quiet way. Taec look the oldest, especially with his wrinkles so he can pass off well as doctor or nurse.” Minjun, the oldest and most smooth-talking one shrugged giving out one of his ideas.

“I agree with hyung’s plan.” Junho, the 2nd youngest nodded in agreement. “All Taec hyung need to do to be convincing enough is to smile as much as possible to show off his wrinkles.”

“Yeah.. no one would even think he’s just 17.” Wooyoung added as he hi-fived the tall maknae, Chansung beside him.

A/N: I'm not going to bother with chapter titles for this story this time. Haha. Most writers don't do that anyway. Thanks for subscribing!