Last Moment

Complicated Love

Today was the day. The day you give yourself a break from everything. A day to start over.

''Maybe their not telling me because it's not that important. I mean past is just past......right?'' You said to yourself. ''Well it doesn't matter because i'm starting over. A new life, a new me.'' Sighing you threw together your final things into your small suitcase and zipped it up.

''I'll be back. Whether it's in a few months or years. I know for sure i'll come back.......just as a different person.'' You looked around your house one last time before opening the door and leaving.

The morning air seemed somewhat dense and heavy. Your flight wasn't until later on in the afternoon so you decided to meet with Baekhyun. ''I should at least thank him for all he's done.'' You thought as you headed towards his apartment.

''(Y/n)? What are you doing here?'' Baekhyun seemed quite suprised when he opened the door. ''Umm...'' You had no idea what to say. ''Come on in.'' He welcomed you warmly. You smiled a little. ''Whats with the suitcase?'' Baekhyun asked eyeing your bag.

''Going somewhere?'' He asked slowly. You stared at your feet and fiddled with your fingers. Closing your eyes you took a deep breath before speaking. ''I came here...to say thank you and....goodbye.'' You whispered.

His eyebrows went up. ''Goodbye?'' He looked confused. ''I-i'm leaving.'' You answered barely audible. ''Why?'' He tried to control his voice. ''Oppa...i have to go. Let's just......let's just let go of everything. Of the past, of any feelings and just start over.'' You urged.

''Is it because i'm not telling you who he is?'' Baekhyun mummered. ''I'm not leaving because of you. I just felt like i needed to start fresh. And leaving Seoul is the first step.'' You replied. Time ticked by faster than you thought. ''When are you coming back?'' He ignored any eye contact because the truth was he didn't want you to leave.

But the choice was your and he respected that. ''Not so sure. In a few months? Perphaps in a few years? I guess it really depends.'' You sighed heavily. Baekhyun nodded. ''Okay...well i hope you stay healthy.'' He finally said. You looked up. Suprised that he was fine with you leaving.

''But what if you remember everything?'' He asked worriedly. You shook your head. ''it won't matter because i'm moving on from the past.'' You looked at the time. ''I guess i better go.'' You said quietly. ''Alright.'' He swiftly pulled you into a comforting hug.

''Goodbye (y/n)-ah and please stay safe.'' He whispered into your ear. ''Thank you oppa, for taking care of me. I'll never forget your kindness.'' You walked towards the door. ''Wait...'' Baekhyun said. You stopped in your tracks, but didn't turn around in fear you would cry.

''Hm?'' you choked out. ''Did you tell Sehun yet?'' He asked. A weird feeling washed over you when he said that. ''Yeah. I already did.'' You lied, turning around and giving him a fake smile. ''Well, i'm leaving now.'' You waved at him one last time before exiting the door.

''Why would Sehun let (y/n) go so easily?'' Baekhyun sensed something wrong as he watched you leave. You had twenty minutes to kill before you flight. The airport was busy as usual and full of rushing people.

Sighing you took a seat in an empty area near the window and checked your plane ticket again. Flight 94. L.A USA. Is what it read. You were headed to L.A because you've heard from past classmates that the scenery was beautiful and there was so much to do.

This is a great opportunity to explore and start over again. Meanwhile back at Baekhyun's house. The weird feeling grew in Baekhyun and he became impatient. Grabbing the phone he dialed his distressed friend's number.

''Hello?'' A tired and raspy voice answered from the other end. ''Wow. Are you really sleeping at this time Sehun? Do you even have any idea about what's going on?'' Baekhyun was annoyed. ''What are you talking about?'' Sehun grouched back.

''(Y/N) IS FREAKING LEAVING YOU !'' Baekhyun yelled into the phone. ''Leaving? Where? What do you mean?'' Baekhyun could here the panic in his voice. ''I knew it....(y/n) didn't tell him.'' He mummered to himself.

''HYUNG ANSWER ME!'' Sehun's voice echoed. ''First off calm down. I'm not sure what her flight number is, but all i know is that she just wants to start over....in a completely different place.'' Baekhyun calmly explained.

''WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH?!'' Sehun exploaded and dropped his cellphone without hanging up.

Time was running out and Sehun had to find you before you left. There was only silence on the other end. Baekhyun slowly ended the call. ''Sorry Sehun...i just couldn't.'' A tear drop slid down his cheek. Sehun ran and ran.

That was all he could and wanted to do. Trying his best to reach you before it was too late. He wanted to embrace you and beg you to stay, whether you remember him or not.

You checked the airport clock. 10 more minutes before your flight was called. You fiddled with the handle on your bag and waited paitently as time ticked on. Panting and drenched in sweat, Sehun finally made it to the airport.

People gave him strange stares and whispered things that he had no intention of hearing. He came here for you and nobody was going to stop him. Gathering up his remaining strength he entered the airport and looked around.

It was packed with people and he didn't even know your flight number. ''Damn it!'' Sehun cursed under his breath as he walked to a nearby security guard. ''Exscuse me sir, but have you seen a girl about this height?'' He leveled his hand up to his chest.

''She has long brownish black hair.'' Sehun asked without a single breath. The security guard shook his head. ''Not that i know of.'' He roughly answered. ''Well can you tell me the flight number that is about to take off?'' Sehun pleaded.

He was desperate and the security guard could tell. ''Calm down boy, trying to stop someone from leaving?'' He chuckled. ''PLEASE TELL ME NOW!'' Sehun bursted out. The man shot him a look before answering. ''It's flight 94 and where did you learn to talk to an elder like that? huh young man?'' Sehun ran after he said flight 94.

''Please don't let me be too late.'' As he climbed the stairs to the secound level. ''Calling all Flight 94 passengers'' The loud speaker boomed above you. ''I guess it's time.'' You breathed out heavily and walked towards the security. ''Passport please.'' The lady said.

You handed her you tiny blue book and watched her swiftly scan it before handing it back. ''You may head on in.'' She nodded. ''Thank you.'' You curtly bowed your head slightly and began walking through the line.

''Flight 94, flight 94, flight 94.'' Sehun kept repeating those words to himself. He ruffled his hair and bit his bottom lip anxiously. Whipping his head back and fourth, looking for the number 94. And then he saw it from a distance. Flight 94.

It was blinking which meant everyone was boarding. Sehun had a strong feeling that he still had a chance. One last chance to clear things up, so he ran. Pushed past people and stumbled over his feet. His eyes locked on the red number 94.

You finally made it past the crowded line and walked into the hall that lead you to the plane. Sehun knew the doors was going to close soon. You were about to take a step forward until you heard someone call your name.

''(Y/N)-AH!''

You stopped breathing and turned around to see Sehun's face just as the doors shut. Despair washed over Sehun. He slowly dropped his extended arm and slid to the ground in a depressed heap.

The pain he felt in his chest was unbearable as he gasped for a breath of air. It's not like he didn't want to face this reality, it was because he couldn't. His heart had been through so much damage.

''Sehun?'' You thought as you took a seat. You wondered what he was doing there. The memory of you and Sehun together entered your mind. ''That was just a dream though...'' You said softly.

But there was a certain thing about the memory that made you think otherwise. You had a strong feeling about, but you wanted to avoid it in a way. The flight attendent said something on the speaker but you didn't seem to hear it.

The thoughts of Sehun and the dream seemed connected and you had the urge to find out more. You couldn't take it anymore. Standing up you gathered your things and stepped out into the aisle. ''Excuse me miss, but we are about to take off so could you please take a seat.'' A young flight attendent asked.

''I have to get off.'' You stated and made your way to the exit. Once out your eyes searched for the male whom you last saw, but he was nowhere in sight. Feeling disappointed you trugded out of the airport, dragging your bag behind you.

The sun was just now setting. The skyline now a mixture of red, yellow, orange, softly gradiating into pinks and purples. It was breathtaking. Sehun had left the airport and he was walking closer to a crosswalk.

Not just any crosswalk. This was where everything changed. He hated and tried his best to avoid walking across it, but today he had to get by it in order to go home. Sighing heavily he waited for light to turn green before walking across.

''I should just go home and look for him later.'' Just as you mummered those words your eyes found Sehun slowly crossing the road. An excited feeling overcame you as you ran towards him and called out his name.

''SEHUN!'' He stopped in his tracks. ''(Y/N)?'' He asked aloud. Realizing that it was your voice he turned around and saw you on the sidewalk with a smile. His head became dizzy at the sigh of you.

A delicious, yet happy feeling overwhelmed him as he took a step closer to you. Just as he stepped forward the light turned red and he did not notice.

Star-strucked and engulfed by the sight of you he didn't notice the honking cars that sped by him. Your expression soon turned dark and grey as you extended your hand forward. Wanting to reach him. ''Sehun!'' His name barely escaped your lips when everything hit you.

Pain was all you felt in your head. You couldn't stand up. Your head felt super heavy, but you made the effort to look up. Sehun was on the lying on the ground unconscious in a pool of what seemed like blood.

Your vision blurred as people surrounded the crosswalk. You felt yourself going under, but just before you out you heard Sehun faintly say:

''I love you (y/n)''

 

You probably have a million questions right noe about what happened and most of them will be answered in the next update so don't worry. But i will answer one and (y/n) did not get into an accident. She pretty much just passed out on the sidewalk when she saw Sehun get hit. You'll understand why she out in the next chapter. Sorry if it's confusing, but hey i'm doing my best here. Thanks for reading guys <3

Xoxo @Exo_Miracles

Co-author @Exo_World13

P.S- ''I love you (y/n)'' was from when Sehun first told her how much he loved her in chapter 11.