you don't belong to me

Complicated Love

''Who?'' You asked. ''Sehun'' Baekhyun repeated again. You didn't seem to show any emotion at the sound of his name. ''(y/n) do you really not remember Sehun?'' Luhan asked. Baekhyun looked at you, waiting for an answer. Your heart started to race again.

''No, am i supposed to know him?'' You watched Baekhyun gulp and lean forward in his chair. ''how..'' Luhan whispered. ''Sehun.'' You thought. ''Do i have some type of relationship with that guy? No, it can't be it. Why on earth would i be close to a guy like him. It doesn't fit who i am.'' You argued in your mind.

Questions about the male kept popping up in your head, but you avoided asking Luhan and Baekhyun in fear Baekhyun would be sad. ''oppa, can you go ask when i can be discharged? I'm so sick of staring at these blank white walls and eating bland food.'' You complained.

''(y/n) your just getting better. It's best for you and your health to stay here for a few more days, or at least until you've fully recovered.'' Baekhyun explained. He took a hold of your hand. ''I am better. I feel like a whole new person.'' you smiled brightly. Baekhyun managed a fake smile.

''Thats because you are a new person.'' He thought sadly. Deep down inside, he wanted you to be his girl until the end. All the love and warm smiles you gave him made him happy and secure, but he knew it wasn't right. Baekhyun didn't want to make you his this way. It would break Sehun's heart.

''oppa'' you called, interrupting his thoughts. ''hmm?'' He looked up. ''Stay by my side okay?'' You asked hinting a smile in your eyes. Your words sank his heart, but he just nodded. ''Good news'' Luhan walked back into the room.

''The doctor said your doing fine and everything is healthy. When you get discharged just rest and try not too hard to remember things. He said to let them come naturally if you ever remember.'' Luhan explained carefully. ''So when does she get discharged?'' Baekhyun asked.

''Tomorrow morning'' He answered. You squealed excitedly. ''Isn't that too early?'' Baekhyun asked worriedly. ''Yah!  Are you trying to keep me locked up inside the bare cell?'' You lightly nudged his arm and giggled along with Luhan.

''I'm just really worried'' He replied while rubbing his shoulder. Night time soon arrived and Luhan bid his goodbye for the night, promising to return in the morning. ''Baekhyun'' you called his name softly. ''Hm?'' He glanced at you with a soft and loving smile. ''Your not leaving right?'' you whispered.

''I'll be here when you wake up.'' he whispered back. You held out your hand to him and he hesistantly grasped your tiny hand. ''Sing me to sleep'' You blinked slowly, showing nothing but a tired a hazy expression.

He slowly started humming ''Miracles In December.'' Your eyelids grew heavy and Baekhyun soon vanished from your vision. Darkness engulfed you as you fell into a deep deep sleep. He continued humming the whole song.

At the end of the song he squeezed your hand gently. ''You know how much you mean to me right?'' He asked aloud even though you couldn't hear his silky voice. ''But, i'm not the one for you, i can't be, because you already belong in someone else's heart.'' Baekhyun said, barely audible.

He watched you sleep peacefully before picking up his cell phone and dialing someone's number. ''It's me. Come to the hospital and watch over her. This isn't my job, it's yours.'' Baekhyun hung up. ''i'm sorry (y/n)-ah. I'm sorry i couldn't keep my promise.'' He pulled the blanket up to your chin before leaving the hospital.

A few minutes after Baekhyun left, the door opened and another person stepped into the room. He hesistantly took small steps over to the chair next to your bed. A silent tear fell from his right cheek, as took a hold of your warm hand.

''I'm sorry i couldn't protect you.'' He stuggled with his words and pressed his forehead against you hand.

-The next morning-

You slowly opened your eyes, squinting at the bright sunlight streaming into your hospital room, filling the area with a golden glow. You sat up and tried to move your right hand. ''Baekhyun!'' you thought looking over at the side of your bed.

You couldn't see his face because of his hair. ''oppa, wake up'' You moved his hair out of his eyes, expecting to see Baekhyun. ''Huh!'' you gasped and jumped back startled after realizing that the male was not Baekhyun, but Oh Sehun.

Another short update ;/ haven't had much time to update because i'm busy practicing for dance. Ugh so sore! :( Btw i just winged this chapter^^^ I didn't plan it out in my mind like i do with most of my other chapters and fanfic, so sorry if it's not that intresting. I tried ._____. Enjoy! <3

Xoxo @Exo_Miracles (ig account)

Co-author @Exo_World13 (ig account)

SARANGHAE :3