Tuesday the 8th December

A Christmas Dream
I was on my way home around five o’clock when I heard a weird sound. I stopped and looked around. There was no one else on the street, and it had started to get darker.
I heard the sound again. It sounded like it came from the bushes on the road side a bit ahead of where I was.
I walked towards the sound, and walked around to the other side of the bushes, the one that want away from the road. There was nearly no light, but I could catch a glimpse of something squared.
When I came nearer, I realized that it was a box made out of cardboard.
I quickly ran to it and squatted next to it. I opened.
As I had expected (and feared) from the sound, there were three kittens inside. They were some of the cutest I had ever seen, but far too young to be without their mother. I looked around to see if there was anyone in sight, but there wasn’t.
I lifted one of the kittens up. It wriggled and fought against being carried, but once I had it in my arms, it became calm. The other kittens started mewing louder. They were all very cold. They must have been outside for a long time.
I really hated those kinds of people who just threw animals away like they were objects. I placed the kitten I held in the box again and took of my jacket. I laid it over the three small kittens and wrapped it around them so they could get some warmth. It was really cold, but a chill was more serious to them than to me.
Just when I thought about what to do with them, I heard fast steps behind me, and suddenly someone squatted down next to me.
“Are they yours?” Aaron asked.
I was so surprised by hearing his voice that I nearly fell backwards. Also because it was different from normal.
“No, I just found them,” I said.
“How long have they been here?” He was much more straightforward than normal, and his voice was warmer. I didn’t feel a need for a coat anymore.
“I don’t know, I only found them five minutes ago... but they feel cold,” I said, still baffled. This guy could actually care for someone.
He took one of the kittens up, the same that I had taken before. It touched his perfectly shaped nose with its paws. He laughed and placed it in the box again, and wrapped my coat around it.
Wow. He laughed.
He should laugh more often.
It actually looked really...
No, I couldn’t think that way. I had just been out with Wang Zi.
“W-what shall we do with them?” I asked, and threw the thoughts away.
“I have a cat at home, but it probably won’t like to have such small kittens bugging in...” he said thoughtfully.
“You have a cat?” I would never have expected that a guy like him had pets.
“Actually two, but they’re both pretty old,” he said, and smiled while looking at the kittens.
“Hello?” he had to wake me up from looking at his smile.
“Oh? Yeah, okay. But what about these kittens? I don’t know anything about cats,” I said.
“But can you have them at your house?”
“Yes... I think. As my parents are out of the country.”
“Great, then I can lend you some cat food,” he smiled.
“Hey, wait? Did you hear what I just said? I don’t know the least about having pets,” I said frightened.
“That’s why I’ll drop by to help you, silly,” he said and shoke his head.
“Oh... of course...” I felt stupid.
“Here, let me help you...”
He helped me lift the box, and we started walking.
“Why do you actually care so much for these kittens? You use to be indifferent to everything else.” The words just came out of me, and I didn’t realize what I had actually said until he suddenly stopped walking.
“No... sorry, I didn’t mean it that way!” I quickly said.
He didn’t say anything, but started walking again.
“How come Show never mentioned that you have pets?” I asked after some time.
“You should ask him, not me.”
Silence again.
“That girl, I forgot her name – seems to have a thing for him, though,” he said to the air.
“Trust me, he isn’t the only one,” I said and smirked.
“What? She’s a two-timer?” He stopped again and looked at me. I laughed.
“No, of course not. She just falls in love with every handsome guy she sees, but never really has the courage to confess to any. She’s just that kind of romantic person,” I explained. Rainie a two-timer? Good joke. Just as good as ‘Rainie as unattainable’.
“Then... what do Show think about Rainie?” I asked.
“He hasn’t talked much about it.” Something in his tone and expression made me think that he lied. But I decided to ignore it.
We continued walking. Aaron looked very thoughtful.

I arranged some blankets and pillows in the corner of my room, like Aaron had told me. I followed his instructions and mixed some cream with water to give to the kittens. I let the kittens out. They were very skinny. I placed the bowl with the cream-water next to the blankets, and the kittens weren’t slow to discover it.
I sat down and looked at the kittens drinking and go to sleep, while I thought about the day. I had been to a café with Wang Zi, actually my first ‘real’ date. I already felt like I knew him really good – he was very open, and I just felt like I could chat about everything with him. And then Aaron suddenly showed up as a whole different person. Who would’ve thought he cared that much for animals?
If he could just care as much for other people...

***
Was this nice enough to make up for my crime in last chap? :p
Hope you liked it :)
Thanks for all the nice comments, my cliMATES <3 :D
Do you know that for making one piece of paper in A4 size, it costs 10 litres of water? :O
Random fact of the day xD Didn't beat my lunch break in randomness, though xD
Do you have Twitter? Mine is: IHSblitz
Please comment, it would make me more happy than you think :]
- Blitz