Tuesday the 24th December - Christmas Eve!

A Christmas Dream
I called Aaron early in the morning and told him about what Hebe had said.
“Don’t worry, Gui Gui. She only wanted to threaten you, there’s no way she would do such a thing,” he assured me.
“But...”
“I heard Show invited Rainie to our Christmas party. Do you want to come along too?” he cut in. I could nearly hear that he was smiling.
“Of course,” I answered, and sighed. Maybe I should just relax and have a good Christmas; there was no need to worry, when it was finally Christmas Eve.
“Then see you at eight o’clock.”
I said goodbye and hung up. I took a deep breath before I walked out to make some breakfast.
Suddenly, my phone rang again.
“Gui Gui? It’s Cynthia,” a voice said in the phone.
“Cynthia? What’s wrong with your voice?” I wondered.
“I’ve just got a cold, no need to worry. Or, yes, there is a need to worry, Aaron needs you here right now. Hurry up!” she said and hung up.
I could feel the anxiousness spread from my ear to my whole body, and quickly grabbed my jacket, took my shoes on and ran down the stairs.

I rang the doorbell at Aaron’s house. Bianca opened the door.
“Yes?” she asked in a bored voice.
“Where’s Aaron?” I asked upset.
“I shall call him.” She moved too slowly to the staircase and called Aaron’s name.
Aaron came down a couple of minutes later.
“What is it?” he asked too calmly. Wasn’t this an emergency?
“Someone’s looking for you,” Bianca pointed at the door. Aaron smiled and walked over and hugged me.
“Why are you here?” he smiled.
“Cynthia called me and said you needed me here right now,” I asked confused.
“I’d need you all the time, but I have no idea why Cynthia called... She’s in the mall with some of her friends this morning,” he said. I suddenly realized the cruel truth.
“I forgot to lock the door! The kittens... Hebe!” I could feel the tears take shape in my eyes. Why hadn’t I figured it out from the start? Hebe just wanted me away from home, so she could break in and... I had to go home immediately.
“What?” Aaron asked confused.
I told him what I suspected, but started to sob midway through it.
Aaron laid his arms around me.
“Let’s run back and find them now.” His voice calmed me a bit down, and I nodded.

We ran down the street to my house, when we noticed something going on in front of my block.
“Rainie! What are you doing here?” I asked surprised, until I noticed who she stood in front of.
Hebe.
“Give me the box, you...” Rainie shouted, and tried to tear the box out of Hebe’s hands. But as Hebe also had Selina and Ella to help her, it seemed impossible.
Afraid that the box contained what I thought it did, I ran to help.
Unfortunately, I had been right about Hebe’s motive.
“Hebe! I can’t believe you really did such a thing!” Aaron shouted while we ran. He and I grabbed the box, and in one pull, we ripped it from her.
“None of your business anymore!” Hebe shouted back. She tried to take the box from us again, but I held it tightly.
“Get your slimy hands away from my kittens!” I commanded.
“Slimy? They’re more polished than yours will ever be!” Hebe talked back.
“That’s exactly why they’re slimy!”
Hebe tried to grab the box again, but Aaron placed himself in front of me.
“Hebe, get a bit mature! If you don’t get out of here right now, I’ll call the cops,” he defended me.
“And what would you say to them?!” Hebe called out. She looked wild.
“Sorry, but you’ve technically broken in to a house,” Rainie reminded her. She helped me open the box a little, so I could take a look at my terrified three beloved kittens.
“Thank God they’re okay!” I said loud. Hebe sent me a killer gaze, but then decided to ignore me and concentrate about Aaron.
“And you! You aren’t even your father’s child... how weird it might sound. But as I won’t swear badly in front of your little Miss Innocent, I won’t say what I really mean about her!” Hebe was angrier than ever.
“I would rather have my beloved Miss Innocent than you, when the only thing you’re able to, is to mess up other people,” Aaron said calmly, and looked disgusted at Hebe. She now seemed somewhat helpless.
“I... You... Then you can have your ‘beloved Miss Innocent’! I don’t want you anyway,” she said, and quickly walked away. Selina and Ella sighed.
“Don’t mind her, we tried to stop her, but she is just like that,” Ella explained to us.
“I know,” Aaron said. He looked like he suddenly got an idea.
“I guess the Tian-family holds its traditional Christmas party?” he asked the two girls. They nodded.
I caught his idea.
“Why don’t you celebrate Christmas with us instead?” I asked them happily. Cow started to meow.
“Maybe,” Selina smiled tiredly, and she and Ella walked away after Hebe.
“Poor girls,” Rainie added in. I nodded.
“By the way, how come you’re here, Rainie?” I suddenly thought of.
“Don’t you remember our appointment?” she asked back. Now I recalled that I still had to buy Aaron’s Christmas present.
“Oh yes! I just have to fix the kittens, and then we’ll take off,” I said. Aaron laughed.
“Why’re you laughing?” I asked a bit offended. Even though I loved his laugh.
“You look cute when you realize something,” he said, and messed up my hair. I smiled.
“But you are forbidden to come along!” Rainie told him. I nodded determined.
“Why?” he asked.
“Because this is a girl-thing. See you in the evening.” I quickly kissed him on the cheek, before Rainie and I went to my apartment.

We had walked around in the mall for at least an hour before I found the perfect present for Aaron.
And it wasn’t something I bought in the mall.
I told Rainie about my idea, and as she was a bit, or a lot, impatient to get home and get ready for the party, we went home immediately.

I found a perfect, red box for the present. The question was how to make holes in it, so Cow could breath.
If Aaron had Cow, and I had Wendy and Penny, wouldn’t it bind us together? And then I always had an excuse to visit him.
The three kittens had felt like ours from the start anyway.
Rainie and I got ready for the party, and I prepared the box for Cow. He struggled when I tried to put him inside, but I assured him that it would only be for a short time.

Rainie rang the bell at Show’s house. I had called my sister to tell her that I celebrated Christmas with some friends, and had been over with the gifts.
I had the box under my arm, and the gifts for Rainie and Show in my bag.
Show opened the door. He was dressed in a tuxedo, and Rainie hugged him immediately.
Aaron came out behind him. He had a suit on.
I walked over to him, smiling from my heart. I handed him the present.
“Isn’t it a little too early?” he smiled.
“I don’t think the present thinks so.” I nodded at the box.
“Since when are presents able to think?” he wondered.
“Open it and you’ll know.”
Show showed us inside. There were already a lot of people, but I didn’t know many of them. Aaron and I sat down on a couch.
He opened the box.
His surprised expression was adorable.
“Cow...?”
He took the kitten up and looked at it. When it tried to jump down, he laughed.
“It really is Cow! Thank you, sweetheart.” He let Cow down on the sofa and kissed me.

After we had eaten (Show’s mom was a brilliant cook), Aaron gave me a present.
I had already given presents to Show and Rainie, but wondered what Aaron was going to give me.
I carefully opened the package.
It was the heart-shaped earrings I had been looking at a few days earlier.
He really remembered it.
“Thank you,” I whispered, and hugged him.
This was truly my Christmas dream.

~¤~ THE END ~¤~

***
Thanks for your support through it all!
I gotta go now (Christmas Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve :D), but I really, really want to thank you all!
Those of you who commented every day, those who commented sometimes, those who commented one time, and if there are some; those who didn’t comment. T H A N K you all for reading, following and supporting this fanfic :D
I would really appreciate it if you commented on this last chapter, also the silent readers. Every small comment counts to make my Christmas ten thousand times better :D
Please :3
Isn’t it nice with a chap every day? xD
MERRY CHRISTMAS :DD
- Blitz